Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WEEK 1 | Minnesota Vikings

Ellis

Along with Erasmus James.

Oh and their star players are actually, Antoin Winfield, Koren Robinson, Steve Hutchinson, and Darren Sharper.

I'm I the only one that remembers Kenechi Udeze? They have 4 first round picks on their D-Line, just entering their primes each of them.

Udeze and James are young, but they are beast DEs.

Their LBs are good too. EJ Henderson, Dontarrious Thomas, and that 3rd one is the best... I can't remember his name....

Anyway, their defense is real good, nothing close to ours, but good.

I look at it as a statement game. Say what you want about how good on paper certain parts of the Vikings may be, which is acceptable so we don't all get carried away, but I fully expect this to be a more than comfortable win. We haven't lost a season opener in what, 4 years? It's a brand new head coach, slightly above average team with new system, no real running game, and they're opening the season on national TV against Joe Gibbs at FedEx Field against a 2nd round playoff team from last year that only got better in every possible way. I'm going to say final score will be around 24-10, with a few of our starters (Portis, Brunell) on the bench resting halfway through the 4th quarter.

Your a freakin loser....you sickie, its people like you who disgust me. Having the need to correct everyone about something as stupid as that!! YOU KNEW exactly what he meant what did you gain from saying that???? Its SOB's Like you who give the redskins a bad name some times....Now ill tell ya what im gonna do for ya snakes...I'm gonna give you till the counta 10 ta get your ugly, yella, no good keshter of my property before I pump you gutts fulla lead...1 2 10

Why you want to call him out, and call him names to boot?

Your a freakin loser....you sickie, its people like you who disgust me. Having the need to correct everyone about something as stupid as that!! YOU KNEW exactly what he meant what did you gain from saying that???? Its SOB's Like you who give the redskins a bad name some times....Now ill tell ya what im gonna do for ya snakes...I'm gonna give you till the counta 10 ta get your ugly, yella, no good keshter of my property before I pump you gutts fulla lead...1 2 10

Na, losers quote kid movies that came out in 1991.

I am BEYOND hyped man. this is going to be absolutely insane. i hope Fedex dont fall apart.

ABSOLUTELY. With what we did last year... and our playoff run... that crowd is gonna welcome the boys back non-stop on that wonderful Monday. I'm gonna lose my voice again, I know it. And I don't care.

:laugh:

Someone earler mentioned that the Vikings were an above average team. I can't agree with that. The only thing they really have "solid" is their offensive line. I don't think they've built on anything from last year. It was more of "regrouping" than anything. For one, there's a new coach. With the new coach, one who is training the the Tampa 2, I see a lot of players who will still be in adjustment mode, playing out of position and soft. That tends to always happens with new coaches. If they don't get it together after the preseason, we could get lucky with some errors on their part. And as far as the draft is concerned, from what I read today online, the Vikings had the most widely critisized picks in the NFL and no one is too impressed with their choices.

With the solid offensive line that the Vikings built, I worry that the QB will be well protected and comfortable against the Redskins. I'd like to see the Redskins disrupt that and put a lot of pressure on the QB. Given that Brad Johnson used to be ours... let's just say that the Skins are gonna let him know that we know he's there. ;)

I'm not worried about Koren Robinson. Sure he's fast. Back in January, there was talk of the Redskins getting him during the free agency and not many people on here were too impressed with his numbers, myself included. I think that hype alone may be why people have a slight fear for him. Other than that, he's barely above average, at best.

The RB threats that the Vikings have are nothing. They're all fighting over the number one spot and I think they're all mediocre, Taylor being the only one with a decent career so far--and it's not all that great. He was number 2 in Baltimore for a reason. And since he's not garaunteed the number 1 spot with the Vikings, that leads me to believe that the Vikings STILL have RB problems and will have no significant ground threats.

Oh a tough guy , huh? nyuck, nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!

Don't sleep on their DT duo of Kevin and Pat Williams. Kevin is a lot like Cornelius with his combination of power and athletic ability and Pat Williams is a monster run stopper.

Good call. Their secondary is decent too, so this could be a game for Cooley and Patten to make their presence felt. I think Chester Taylor could end up being fairly productive for them but he won't get many carries if Childress brings his "pass every play" offense from Philadelphia. Besides Koren Robinson, we'll have to watch out for speedster Troy Williamson. Overall I think (at this early point) that their defense will do a decent job against us but their offense won't be able to do much against our stout defense. The tension of opening night might not help either offense, either. This could be a :logo:17-10 or :logo:14-7 type of game.

I hope some of you are joking. You're actually worried about the Vikings? They suck. As far as their run last year, it was against weak teams. The Giants were the only legit team they beat during that run and they faltered at the end of the season.

As far as Minnesota having a decent defense, they let Kyle Boller go 24 for 34 with 289 yards and three touchdowns. The only thing that would concern me is the Redskins' chemistry on offense. They have 2 new wide receivers and a new system brought in by Al Saunders. That's the only way they can lose. It won't be because the Vikes are a threat.

EDIT: As far as Opie lighting us up. No worries. George Edwards isn't running the defense any more. Brad Johnson won't score 3 TD's by using the same bootleg.

I hope some of you are joking. You're actually worried about the Vikings? They suck. As far as their run last year, it was against weak teams. The Giants were the only legit team they beat during that run and they faltered at the end of the season.

As far as Minnesota having a decent defense, they let Kyle Boller go 24 for 34 with 289 yards and three touchdowns. The only thing that would concern me is the Redskins' chemistry on offense. They have 2 new wide receivers and a new system brought in by Al Saunders. That's the only way they can lose. It won't be because the Vikes are a threat.

and I hope (well know actually) that gibbs wont share your sentiment. We do not underestimate any team. Every week we play the best goddamn team out there, our playoff hopes depend on the game, and they can and will beat us unless we give 110%.

:coach: :whippin:

You don't no your ass from 3rd base...a good line is a good line.

"There is KNOW spoon."

Anywho, I'm a little worried about Troy Williamson. That dude is pure speed. I hope our secondary doesn't allow him to make that his breakthrough game.

Keep your outbursts to yourself, just by posting this you made yourself look like a "freakin loser". Nice work:applause: :doh:

No worries here, the Vikings appeared to have a strong finish last year, but only because of their weak schedule. They didn't beat any good teams and Fred Smoot will be having nightmares after trying to cover our new receiving corps.

The only thing that might be a little scary is if the skins players start looking ahead to their next game, but it would be kinda hard not to get pumped up for the season opener, so it should be a convincing win, unless we revert back to last year's bad habit of laying-down after the 3rd quarter and let the other team come back and beat us in the final minutes.

You must be on some sort of medication.

Yeah, I misread it.

The only thing he was better at was completion percentage and average yards gained.

I got excited and jumped the gun on that one.

Archived