Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WEEK 1 | Minnesota Vikings

Ellis

Besides the fluke against the Giants, Brad Johnson hasn't beat a winning team since week 8 of 2003.

He had average numbers last year, but that's because his schedule was a cake walk.

He's a decent QB, but he has no WRs, no RB and no line.

Hutchinson and Chester Taylor is enough maybe to bump their 25th ranked offense into the top 20, but that's about it.

As far as defense, they've done nothing to show they can contain Portis without letting Brunell throw all over them.

P.S.

Brad Johnson is 14-15 over the last 3 seasons. The Brad Johnson factor is a myth.

Can you stop smoking whatever it is you appear to be on. The Vikings have no chance. They dont even deserve the analysis. The game will start as all season openers do and both teams will be amped up. Just like the Chicago game last year. However the Vikings are not Chicago and we will blast that ass. Easy W --- score - ( 49 - 3 )

Brad Johnson is 14-15 over the last 3 seasons. The Brad Johnson factor is a myth.
But he was 7-2 last year. Maybe the Brad Johnson factor just took an off year in 2004.

Plus, Opie got chased out of Washington unfairly. That is what really makes me nervous. There was no reason Norv Turner's Raiders should have beat us either . . . but karma is a b**ch.

Darren Sharper, Steve Hutchinson, and Jermaine Wiggins are their star players (and I guess Koren Robinson). That's a S, G, and TE (and an AVERAGE AT BEST WR/ST)...I'd venture to say that we are the favorites in this one. Not counting chickens...any given Sunday and all that...but it would be highly disappointing if we drop our season opener at home against the Vikes.

HTTR!

Early Vegas lines have us favored by 6 in this one.

But he was 7-2 last year. Maybe the Brad Johnson factor just took an off year in 2004.

Plus, Opie got chased out of Washington unfairly. That is what really makes me nervous. There was no reason Norv Turner's Raiders should have beat us either . . . but karma is a b**ch.

That included 2003.

Beating the Lions, Browns, Rams, Packers and the backups of the Bears only proves that he doesn't suck.

His magic bullet is a team with a good defense, like the Steelers and Ravens, who he lost to.

All Opie can do is throw the ball. He still needs guys to get open and people to block for him before he can get revenge. He has neither.

With Chester Taylor suspect and no possession receiver, we stop the run, force them into third and long, blitz Johnson and come up with Turnovers.

ON offense, pound the ball early on their light D-line and take some shots downfield on play-action, because SHarper, SMoot and Winfield like the INT. You can get them on pump fakes.

With Chester Taylor suspect and no possession receiver, we stop the run, force them into third and long, blitz Johnson and come up with Turnovers.

ON offense, pound the ball early on their light D-line and take some shots downfield on play-action, because SHarper, SMoot and Winfield like the INT. You can get them on pump fakes.

I've got the same thoughts on our potential defense plan. From what I've read, the Vikings are quite proud of their offensive line. My worries are Brad Johnson getting plenty of time to make plays. Of course, I'm confident we can handle pass plays but I'd rather see that ball leave his hands as little as possible.

• 1 month later...

I will be excited to see my boy (Fred Smoot) come back home (no Eddie Murphy), but I think that we will beat Minnesota 24-7. Give Portis a score, Moss and Cooley. We give up a special teams return down to the 5 and the Vikes get their only score. The only question mark I have for our team is special teams. It seems like "Danny" Smith has issues with evaluating who can actually punt a football.

For those of you that have already chalked your "W" in for week one, remember these words...

ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.

Good thing it's Monday Night Football, eh?

I distinctly remember reading this thread a while back and remember someone else said the same thing to a similar post, haha.

Archived