Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Authentic" Santana Moss Jersey: $60 shipped.

NattyLight

All,

Got my Moss and Payton jerseys today. I am happy with both. That said, I am no expert on the best quality. For the money I paid, however, I am more than happy with what I received. Plus it only took 4 days (weeekend included) to arrive. I would order from them again.

All,

Got my Moss and Payton jerseys today. I am happy with both. That said, I am no expert on the best quality. For the money I paid, however, I am more than happy with what I received. Plus it only took 4 days (weeekend included) to arrive. I would order from them again.

Same impression...getting the group buy going in the classified section. THESE JERSEY"S ARE $30 LESS THAN REPLICAS...and they are clearly superior.

That is all.

I think that it could be worse. Besides, unless you are willing to fork over the 75 for an iron on number, I think that it would be better to have a jersey with sewn on #s. That is my opinion. Yes I agree that I am not exactly crazy about the sewn on sleeves either, but that being said, I would rather spend the 50-60 dollars on something that will last a little longer. With the way players change teams nowadays, the money is better spent on jerseys that are less and if you can get as close as you can to the real thing, then you should go for it.

It's one thing to buy a fake jersey that looks good. That's fine. But that piece of **** that nflonly.com sells looks awful, it looks MUCH worse than any replica. That's because it screams out FAKE FAKE FAKE to anybody and everybody who sees it. The Redskins don't wear sewn stripes. And the number font does not look anything like that. And the nameplate looks funny. Anybody fan who would show up at a game wearing that thing would likely be laughed out of the lot.

re replicas, you don't have to pay $75 for a replica. $75 is the retail price. You can pay half that if you are patient and look around long enough.

I personally don't care about the "authenticity" of it. If it's good quality (sewn, etc.), and costs less, that's fine. Especially the way players change teams nowadays. I'd prefer paying $50-$60 for a Cooley or Portis now that I can wear to games while they are playing rather than putting out hundreds of dollars for a jersey that may not apply in a couple years because a player leaves the team.

Now as far as throwbacks.. I have Darrell Green's 70th anniversary Jersey, as well as a regular burgundy #28 and white #28. I want to get Riggins as well. They'll never go out of style.

I personally don't care about the "authenticity" of it. If it's good quality (sewn, etc.), and costs less, that's fine. Especially the way players change teams nowadays. I'd prefer paying $50-$60 for a Cooley or Portis now that I can wear to games while they are playing rather than putting out hundreds of dollars for a jersey that may not apply in a couple years because a player leaves the team.

Now as far as throwbacks.. I have Darrell Green's 70th anniversary Jersey, as well as a regular burgundy #28 and white #28. I want to get Riggins as well. They'll never go out of style.

I agree with you. I'm happy with what I've got and I don't have any interest in whether or not the sleeves, etc. are exactly right, etc. I don't have the time or money, and therefore the interest, to make sure that they're accurate.

Mark, please don't critique my jersey or my son's jersey at any tailgates. We're semi-ignorant and happy that way! :)

What is the part about these jerseys that people are questioning specifically ?

Natty, and whomever else has one, could you post some detailed pics of your jerseys recieved ?

I am interested if they are close, but if they look totally bogus than maybe not.

Tell me about the sleeves issue. I must have missed it. Sorry.

What is the part about these jerseys that people are questioning specifically ?

Natty, and whomever else has one, could you post some detailed pics of your jerseys recieved ?

I am interested if they are close, but if they look totally bogus than maybe not.

Tell me about the sleeves issue. I must have missed it. Sorry.

Check the fourth post on this page. The numbers are way off, the name and namplate look different, the material is to shiny, the sleeves have sewn on stripes, and if you look in the posted pic, you'll notice that the right sleeves stripes are further down than on the left.

*EDIT* Sorry, previous page

• 2 weeks later...
This is the email I just got from him.

They have been ordered still waiting for Riggins, Randel EL, Taylor, Portis

Only have Moss & some Theisman #7 throw backs

The Theisman #7 throw backs are Reebok all sewn except the strips on the sleeves are printed on.

I can sell those for $39 shipped. They are new with tags. I see others selling them on Ebay for $50+ shipping.

All, I just ordered the Theismann jersey from him. Will let you know if it's a decent jersey.

I hope that picture is not representative of the quality. I hope it's just a bad picture; bad lighting.

The name tag and sleeves should not appear a different color white.

Those of you who received their jerseys.....are the stripes on the sleeves sewn on or ironed on? Is the white name patch the same color as the jersey it is sewn to or is it obviously different in color?

I buy all my "authentic" jerseys on ebay but I do expect them to look like the real thing...or darn close. The lettering and numbers should be the same style and the sleeves definitely should not be sewn on.

I'm having my doubts unless people can start posting pictures and validating the quality of these jerseys.

heres some pics that natty posted of the jersey he recieved. the pics look pretty good to me.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158932&page=2

I saw those pictures. For those concerned about getting a true copy of an authentic, Natty's supplier has one significant flaw. The numbers are too narrow. On a real authentic jersey, the white space inside the numerals are square. Natty's numbers have a rectangular white space. This makes the numbers out of proportion compared to the authentics. They appear tall and thin compared to an original.

I bought a similar jersey from another ebayer and my son decided to keep it with this flaw. The rest of the jersey was fairly high quality; particularly for the price. It still was better quality and cheaper than the replicas sold on Redskins.com or nflshop.com.

The "REDSKINS" name embroidered above the number on the front appears a little too bold compared to the authentics. But that is pretty picky.

The white jersey material appears similar and the name tag looks OK.

I am a little concerned if the stripes are sewn on or hot pressed on. I cannot tell from the picture.

Natty -- can you tell us if the sleeve stripes are sewn on or hot pressed on?

Archived