Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So what does the Bible say about homosexuality?

Zguy28

So what does the Bible say about homosexuality? And what should Christians say about it?

This thread will address these questions. Those who claim to be part of Christ, please remember this when posting in here:

But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don't be afraid and don't worry. 15Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if you are asked about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it. 16But you must do this in a gentle and respectful way. Keep your conscience clear. Then if people speak evil against you, they will be ashamed when they see what a good life you live because you belong to Christ.

The Bible says:

Leviticus 20:13 - 13'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable.

- Many people bring up other laws of "uncleaness" when this mentioned. Examples: having sex during menstruation (which is gross!), or eating shellfish. Notice that the English translation says "detestable" or "abomination" These other things were for the jews specifically. Homosexuality is universally "detestable" to God. It applies to Gentiles.

And we all know about Sodom.

Genesis 19:1-5 - 1The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 "My lords," he said, "please turn aside to your servant's house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning."

"No," they answered, "we will spend the night in the square." 3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

Genesis 19:24-25 - 24 Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land.

And so they were destroyed for this and other sins as well.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - 9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 1:9-10 - 9We also know that law[a] is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

- Interestingly, the greek word used for the above bold, is the Greek word arsenokoitai

Romans 1:26-28 - 26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. 28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

But you say, "Jesus didn't speak about homosexuality"

He did not mention it specifically, but when asked about marriage and relationships, He most certainly pointed to Genesis 1&2.

Matthew 19:4-6 - "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'[a] 5and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'[b]? 6So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.

1. Matthew 19:4 Gen. 1:27
  2. Matthew 19:5 Gen. 2:24

Mark 10:6-9 - 6"But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'[a] 7'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8and the two will become one flesh.'[b] So they are no longer two, but one. 9Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

1. Mark 10:6 Gen. 1:27
  2. Mark 10:8 Gen. 2:24

Clearly the Bible says Homosexuality is a sin and detestable in God's sight. Other sins are as well. Go through the Ten Commandments.

Should Christians judge non-beleivers who are gay? NO. In fact I would never bring it up when sharing my faith with them.

Should Christians judge believers who are gay? YES and NO. Yes the behavior is to be confronted, with gentleness and love. The sinner should repent, the Word of God is clear.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 - 9I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. 12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."[a]

1. 1 Corinthians 5:13 Deut. 17:7; 19:19; 21:21; 22:21,24; 24:7

Happy debating!

:)

Good stuff! and prepare for the hanging....

I agree with everything but the following

"Should Christians judge believers who are gay? YES and NO. Yes the behavior is to be confronted, with gentleness and love. The sinner should repent, the Word of God is clear."

IMO there is no such thing as a Gay, Murder, liar, theif, ect ect believer

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Hebrews 12

1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

James 1:21

[ Doers—Not Hearers Only ] Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

hmmm.. i'll get to this :D
Have fun. I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow morning at 4:00AM and will be checking in periodically from beautiful Cape Cod. I hope this thread doesn't degenerate into a jihad versus the evil communists, if you know what I mean. Hopefully it generates good discussion, which I'm sure it will with the likes of you and Techboy.

Good stuff! and prepare for the hanging....

I agree with everything but the following

"Should Christians judge believers who are gay? YES and NO. Yes the behavior is to be confronted, with gentleness and love. The sinner should repent, the Word of God is clear."

IMO there is no such thing as a Gay, Murder, liar, theif, ect ect believer

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Hebrews 12

1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

James 1:21

[ Doers—Not Hearers Only ] Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

Believers can still fall into sin temporarily, but they always will turn away from it.

The baptist Faith and Message says it good:

All true believers endure to the end. Those whom God has accepted in Christ, and sanctified by His Spirit, will never fall away from the state of grace, but shall persevere to the end. Believers may fall into sin through neglect and temptation, whereby they grieve the Spirit, impair their graces and comforts, and bring reproach on the cause of Christ and temporal judgments on themselves; yet they shall be kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation.

Genesis 12:1-3; Exodus 19:5-8; 1 Samuel 8:4-7,19-22; Isaiah 5:1-7; Jeremiah 31:31ff.; Matthew 16:18-19; 21:28-45; 24:22,31; 25:34; Luke 1:68-79; 2:29-32; 19:41-44; 24:44-48; John 1:12-14; 3:16; 5:24; 6:44-45,65; 10:27-29; 15:16; 17:6,12,17-18; Acts 20:32; Romans 5:9-10; 8:28-39; 10:12-15; 11:5-7,26-36; 1 Corinthians 1:1-2; 15:24-28; Ephesians 1:4-23; 2:1-10; 3:1-11; Colossians 1:12-14; 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14; 2 Timothy 1:12; 2:10,19; Hebrews 11:39–12:2; James 1:12; 1 Peter 1:2-5,13; 2:4-10; 1 John 1:7-9; 2:19; 3:2.

Believers can still fall into sin temporarily, but they always will turn away from it.

The baptist Faith and Message says it good:

[/i]

well my friend :D ,

I agree that believers can fall into sin temporarily, and they can repent... But the problem is how about that person dying while in that "sin" That is a "HUGE" risk... talk about playing russian roulete.

The problem with sexual sins is this... You just don't end up in bed with someone. It starts with a thought, and then that thought is fed in various ways. Its a long process before you end up doing a sexual act with someone. wether it be hetro or homo sexual... it doesn't matter both or equally as bad IMO.

Matt 5:

27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old,[a] ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

That very act of looking, meditating, lusting is just as bad as doing it.

I just like being ultra clear on this message... since I had to deal with a major lust problem at one time, and someone in the church told me its no big deal... its a guy thing. Once I was confront with life and death (heaven or hell) I feld it like it was the plague. The "boys will be boys" attitude will send you down a wide path... and its the narrow one I'm looking to walk on.

:2cents:

It was intentional.:obvious:

Yes that's pretty obvious, but what do you intend to acomplish with this ?

ho ho ho......another ghey thread?

leave other people alone

pope says "save it all for your mama"

Paven5_6238ab1ddd625bac0b.jpg

Agreed.............

I am sure half the guys who detest homosexual men, would have a threesome with two chicks in a heartbeat. RARELY, do I run into a guy that finds the thought of two attractive females getting down, repulsive. It is very hypoctical and exposes a flaw in their "beliefs" because they are obviously willing to make an execption for what they are sexually attracted too, but not for what someone else is sexually attracted to.

Hopefully it generates good discussion, which I'm sure it will with the likes of you and Techboy.

Sorry, but I'm probably not touching this one. I don't ask non-Christians to follow the Bible's laws beyond secular law (murder, theft, etc.). Sinners sin. That's what they do. Instead, I ask them to consider the claims and deeds of Christ and become Christian.

I do ask Christians to follow the Bible, and that includes not engaging in homosexual sex (or pre-marital heterosexual sex), but I don't see this as the proper forum. I believe that, as referenced by Paul, that is rightly the province of the body of believers in the Christian's life, and not random strangers on a message board.

I will say that this is probably a more appropriate venue than responding directly in a thread where a person is hurting and reaching out for support, though.

About the only kind of discussion I'd likely get involved in is one that debated whether or not homosexual sex even is a sin, but I think you've pretty much nailed that one, so there's nothing left to be said there.

Finally, I see why Jumbo and I end up trading words so often. This has got to be the lengthiest "no comment" ever placed on the record.

I am sure half the guys who detest homosexual men, would have a threesome with two chicks in a heartbeat. RARELY, do I run into a guy that finds the thought of two attractive females getting down, repulsive. It is very hypoctical and exposes a flaw in their "beliefs" because they are obviously willing to make an execption for what they are sexually attracted too, but not for what someone else is sexually attracted to.

I would agree with this statment, and for a Christian to agree with what you described would be hypoctical, and many so called "christian" men would probably love this... And with that agreement is where I would have a huge problem.

For a christian man to agree with what you described would be a sin, and I'd would have to question their christianity.

good job on bring this out! :applause:

:2cents:

Yeah but what does the Bible say about Democrats? :) :mad: :mad: :mad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: AS BUTCH SAID TO THE SUNDANCE KID YOU CANT SWIM? ARE YOU NUTS? The Fall will probably kill ya!!!!!!! (Dont get hung on the small stuff) look at the big pictue.

Finally, I see why Jumbo and I end up trading words so often. This has got to be the lengthiest "no comment" ever placed on the record.

You got my respect tech, for whatever thats worth :laugh: . Your a credit to your faith.

ho ho ho......another ghey thread?

leave other people alone

pope says "save it all for your mama"

Paven5_6238ab1ddd625bac0b.jpg

The Pope is funny........and homosexual from what I hear :rolleyes:

Whats the bible say about lesbians... They coo right? Cuz, they certainly cool wifs me.

WORD

"The bible can be an evil thing when placed in the wrong hands of people looking to hate....." Sapper McNasty

Archived