Is the NFL Sunday Ticket overpriced?

Thanos

Yes or no  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no

• Yes
    • No
    • Whatevs

That's a good idea, but is it a feasible one? I would think that would present a problem with the share-nearly-all economics of the NFL. :whoknows:

everything goes into the same pot.. but im sure fans from around the country want to watch just their team..

this would be so popular around college campuses..

I have had the ticket for 7 years and it cost more every year. This year I think Im paying $220. It was like $159 when I first bought it. Hopefully it will get to the point where I can justify to my wife that I should just fly out to watch the Redskins live. :D

I have had the ticket for 7 years and it cost more every year. This year I think Im paying $220. It was like $159 when I first bought it. Hopefully it will get to the point where I can justify to my wife that I should just fly out to watch the Redskins live. :D

so 220 for about 13 games eh... 3 games this year are broadcasted on national tv..

We just bought it for my house. Of course my dad bought it just as I was leaving for college. I think he is trying to use it to lure me back on the weekends and stay out of trouble...

I've had it for the last 5 yrs. Moving to a new house this summer that does not have DTV atm. Even tho I think it is a bit overpriced, I will almost certainly get it all hooked up again.

An added bonus, if you are really into fantasy football as I am, you can watch your key players (or your oponents'), flipping channels when they have the ball and skipping commercials.

Seems to go up every year and the extra for HD games.:doh:

Honestly, I think it's a little under-priced.

But don't tell them. :)

I would pay a whole lot more to watch every 'skins game. Honestly I would probably pay $100 / game.

NFL Sunday ticket (13 games) = $220

13 trips to the sports bar = $2600

:laugh:

That's the selling point I used for a long time with my wife.

"Do you want me to spent 200 bucks for the whole year to watch it at home, or 50 bucks every Sunday when I have to go to Keglers (sports bar in Morgantown) to watch it, while I order lunch and drink beer all day?"

Now that I live in the Skins TV market though, I don't need it anymore though. Although I'm almost surely going to have to pick Jamal Lewis for my fantasy team this year so that I can bear to watch the Ravens games that are on the CBS stations... lol

Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it as to whether or not it is overpriced...

...for us geo-challenged Redskin fans is $200-250 too much to pay to see every Skins game? No. (I have season tix so I sell 4 games per year and keep the other 4...so I use the Ticket when I'm home).

...another benefit for us geo-challenged fans - we are not stuck watching the local network broadcasts of football games. Do you know how many years I put up with watching the Jets and Giant games every Sunday? Ugh! Thank God I never have to go back to that. I have my choice of games now...

You get to watch the best games every week. That's almost priceless to me. So while I hate it when the price goes up, like Hooper said...I'd pay $2K if I had to...:)

See, I wish they would do par-per-view for Sunday ticket. That way each week you could order the games you want to see and not have to pay to see the 49ers playing the Texans.

Pay-per-view could work...but what I like about the Ticket is when the game you are watching is a blowout, or just plain boring, you can flip to another game. With PPV you would be stuck on that one game (albeit at a much cheaper price).

...plus I have a habit of watching 3 or 4 different games at one time...flipping around the channels constantly. Which brings me to a sidepoint - do you realize how many games go to commercial at the same time? If the game I'm watching goes to commercial after a team punts the ball away...I flip around the channels and 4 other games are also at commercial :mad: ...what are the odds of that?

I think its a tad overpriced. considering I live 15 miles outside the viewing area for DC channels. But, I'd shoot myself if i had to watch only ravens football every sunday.

the ravens def **** up my afc schedule.. i live in pg county and besides my beloved skins, i get ****ty ravens games.. dont know why..

the ravens def **** up my afc schedule.. i live in pg county and besides my beloved skins, i get ****ty ravens games.. dont know why..

I get the skins game on broadcast Tv...but only if it doesnt conflict with the ravens per the NFL broadcasting rules...I will never understand them.

I get the skins game on broadcast Tv...but only if it doesnt conflict with the ravens per the NFL broadcasting rules...I will never understand them.

it basically says that if the local team in your area is playing a home game, no other game can along side it... thats why we get double headers when the skins are mostly on the road.. however i never got why fox and cbs both cant have doubleheaders every weekend

i hope the nfl can someday create packages for certain teams.. im sure more individual will want to buy their service then

Yeah, I never understood why they don't just let you get all the game for one team for like say $100 per season

Yeah, I never understood why they don't just let you get all the game for one team for like say $100 per season

Simple, because they know they can get everyone to pay the full $250 for all of the games.

Also, I remember several years ago a few customers sued DTV to get single games. The customers won, but DTV simply charged $49 per game. I don't know if they are still offering single games or not, but I doubt many customers would pay that.

Archived