Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New article for the dallas fans among us...

Birdlives

Actually when I referred to Cowboyscentral.com I meant Cowboyszone.com. For some reason Cowboyszone.com does not show in my 'history' so I got them mistaken.

And the link to those two comments are gone because it was posted on Cowboyszone.com and when I responded to the post, the whole entire thread got deleted(and no I didnt use any curse words). True story.

btw, on Cowboyszone.com, this one **** says he has a dog named Gibbs that he teached tricks to. So dont come here and talk about how respectful you guys are. :rolleyes:

None of this occured on the Zone, sorry but i am on the all day and read every thread. Its wayyy to convienent that you say Cowboys fans said these things but now there is no link. As for a thread being deleted I SERIOUSLY doubt it, the mods never delete anything, even threads made by a troll remain. I tmay have been moved to a proper forum but not deleted.

As for the guy with "a dog named gibbs" You should learn what humor is.

Yeah...but that "max users" number isn't the same people all the time. There are a lot of people within that ~50Gs or so that post regularly, but there are probably a lot that don't as well, and maybe only lurk occasionally to get the latest news. But I am always seeing new posters in the Stadium, and even in here to an extent.

I only brought up the amount of users online at once to show that while the membership is heavily tilted to this site, when it comes to active users its closer. We usually get about 2000 unique visitors per day (not including guests) oddly enough the record for most online at a time for BOTH sites occired the same day. April 29 this year.

10 wins?? HOMER. ;) I am going to post my NFC East predictions thread soon...after this weekend's Skins minicamp reports come back. Then you can see my "official" predictions.

Will it be posted here or in the main board? :)

I feel the same way about DCZ...I've been personally attacked on there. I do know there are regulars on here who post regularly on there as well; Monte51Coleman is one of them.

I am in no way saying there are not posters on there that won't attack redskins no matter what they say, it has just been my experience that far fewer do it on that board than happens here. Also there the mods will allow you to defend yourself from attacks. As For Monte where has he been he hasnt been there since march

DCC (as you mentioned) is terrible. I got banned from there after one post (after the MNF game). It wasn't trolling (although it probably could have been classified as semi-baiting :silly: ), but got me an immediate ban. Like within seconds of my post. :laugh:

The DCC board is garbage, I couldnt even read there without getting Ill

I guess that's just my opinion...I think you'd have to be a homer to ignore the improvements on offense and defense from last season the Skins have made.

I think most recognize the improvment just a matter of opinion how much of an improvment it is. Like IMO Lloyd was a good move, El was not. I am of the opinion he is a glorified kick returner that got to much hype over a couple of trick plays. While others think he is a future pro bowler. We see this same thing on both boards like when I say we improved our OLine the inevitable responce will be "Dallas OLine sucks etc. But the facts show we replaced 2 tackles that allowed 25 sacks with 2 who combined allow about 13 sacks per year. 12 less sacks IMO is quite an improvment

But I'll retract that comment if it makes you feel better....you're not a homer if you don't think the Skins have a shot at the division

I believe I already stated I think the Skins have as good a shot as any team in the division to win it. I was just making the point that if you are allowed opinions, people shouldnt be labeled because they disagree with your opinion.

Yeah...I can see his point but come on...comparing a 5th rounder being "passed over" to the number 5 overall pick being "passed over?" There's a world of difference there, and the two situations aren't even remotely similar.

oh I know like I said IMO the Harrison comparison would have been alot better. I was just showing you that it was not him saying Watkins would be great and people were stupid for passing him lol

For all you Cowboys fans, have you ever visited Cowboyscentral.com? The biggest idiot homers I have ever come across and thats a fact. I was a member there and people started insulting me. When I retaliated, I got warned and those ****s nothing! There reasoning? "This is a Cowboys forum"! No ****, jackass!

Its the exact same way here. We can be called "idiots", "morons", "jackasses, you name it on this board. But if we retaliate with the same verbage, we get warned my the mods. But you have to learn to accept that if you're on another teams boards.

Cowboys fans have no right to call fans from other teams homers. Honest to god, I have never seen a bigger group of ignorant homer fans in my life.

That's because you're a skins fan. From our perspective, you guys are the biggest homers bar none around. Not even close. It all comes down to your perspective. Do a simple search on here. According to you guys, you have the best Coaches, Oline, wideouts, runningbacks, TE's, Dline, corners, and safetys in the NFC East. Do you guys really believe that???? How many division titles have you won in the last 15 years?? Yet you have superior talent??? It doesn't add up. There is really only one explanation......HOMERISM.

Just look at the statements some of you guys make. For example, many of you have already called Pat Watkins a steal, top-tier free safety and had the audacity to compare him to Sean Taylor.

I've never seen people bragging on here about Pat Watkins. The guys is supposed to have some talent so if they are excited about the possibility of him being pretty good, fine, but I'd like to see where someone compared him to Sean Taylor. Show him to me and I"ll call him a homer too.

That's because you're a skins fan. From our perspective, you guys are the biggest homers bar none around. Not even close. It all comes down to your perspective. Do a simple search on here. According to you guys, you have the best Coaches, Oline, wideouts, runningbacks, TE's, Dline, corners, and safetys in the NFC East. Do you guys really believe that???? How many division titles have you won in the last 15 years?? Yet you have superior talent??? It doesn't add up. There is really only one explanation......HOMERISM.

I'm sure you could find people on the Cowboys boards who say the same exact thing. And what do the past 15 years have to do with this upcoming season? Most of the core nucleus of this current team have only been here 2 years. I don't see how the 13 before that are relevant to anything.

And you will also find plenty of posters who do not think the Skins have the best at every position. :doh: A Cowboy fan recently posted several "top ten ____" in the NFC East threads; RB, WR, etc. etc. etc. Cowboyutpx or somethign like that was his screen name. Plenty of players from other teams got props, including Cowboys players.

Try again...and maybe this time you can leave out the blanket statements, okay? There is homerism on every board; that at LEAST should be something we can all agree on. :2cents:

EDIT: Here are some of the threads. Yeah, you've got some homerism in there, but there is also a lot of very good discussion. :2cents:

Top 10 Rookies

Top 10 WRs

Top 10 Free Agent Signings

Top 8 RBs

Top 8 Safeties

Top 10 DEs

Top 10 CBs

Top 10 LBs

Here is a very unbiased thread from a Skins fan:

All NFC East Team

I would have happily gone on about what crappy kickers our teams have had but man this really flamed up into an argument didnt it?

Look let me make things real simple. Idiots and homers are everywhere because they are defined by our perspectives. A Redskins fan on a Redskins forum sees a Cowboys fan talking about a good late round pick, good free agency signing, good anything and immedieatly that guy is an *******, he's an ignorant Cowboy homer and needs to be told so by the next 521 people to view the thread. The Cowboys fan is in shock, how can these Redskins fans be so stupid to think "X" (X could be Sean Taylor is better than Roy Williams, or that Parcells is overrated and T.O. is poised to stab every member of the Cowboys in the heart) and goes back to his Cowboys forum where its safe and talks crap to the Redskins fans over there where he can get away with it.

The same Redskin fan goes to a Cowboys forum and makes a remark like: "Chris Cooley impresses me more than Jason Witten." The many Cowboys fans immedieatly dub him a retard and a homer and tell him about it, the Redskins fan thinks "man these guys dont know anything!" and crawls back to extremeskins where he can insult the Cowboys fans at will in the anonimity of 50,000 members.

Then when either side on either forum complains about their treatment there, both sides can say "well you're no better, this is the treatment I was given on your message board so you will get it on ours" and so continues the vicious cycle where nobody listens to anybody.

Whenever I make a post like this it goes widely ignored, and I expect this one will too, or another board member will accuse me of collaborating with the enemy, but really. What does it take to give some consideration from both sides, whether Cowboys fan or Redskins fan? I know a lot of you guys get your kicks insulting the Cowboys fans here because you love the rivalry and you love giving them ****. I also know a few Cowboys fans around here like to stirr up the Redskins fan hornet nest just to laugh at the reactions you get, the same goes for some Redskins fans on other boards. These things are perfectly fine when done in good taste, and without malice. Sometimes members from both sides on either forum can get out of hand and pick fights which generally lower the intelligence of anyone that makes the mistake of clicking on the thread.

The bottom line is this: I used to post on Cowboys zone every once in a while, and I never talked crap about their team, started any arguments, etc. I would try to have civilized factual arguments and it just didnt happen. So why dont I treat the Cowboys fans here with the same respect I was treated with on Cowboys zone? Because I would like to think that extremeskins is that much better than the Cowboys forum. Until people here learn how to relax and take a joke or two, and people stop picking fights with one another, were no better than they are.

Go ahead call me a moron, say im giving too much sympathy to Dallas fans, say im making a bigger deal out of something that I have to, you guys than are reading this are the ones who have filled about 4 pages with endless quoting back and forth for nothing.

Dammit, WeownU! I usually hate everything that you say, but in this thread you were dead on . . . until the highlighted section above. Do you REALLY think that there's a better coaching staff in the division, conference, or league than ours? Come on. You guys have the #1.5 (Randy is just as good) receiver in the league; we can admit that. But to question our HOF coach with a head coach for each side of the ball? Come on, man. That was just ridiculous.

You have points on the rest of them, but Portis is clearly only somewhat rivaled by Barber, but when it comes to areas to criticise use, please don't use our coaching staff as a target. That's like saying water isn't wet enough.

I would have happily gone on about what crappy kickers our teams have had but man this really flamed up into an argument didnt it?

Look let me make things real simple. Idiots and homers are everywhere because they are defined by our perspectives. A Redskins fan on a Redskins forum sees a Cowboys fan talking about a good late round pick, good free agency signing, good anything and immedieatly that guy is an *******, he's an ignorant Cowboy homer and needs to be told so by the next 521 people to view the thread. The Cowboys fan is in shock, how can these Redskins fans be so stupid to think "X" (X could be Sean Taylor is better than Roy Williams, or that Parcells is overrated and T.O. is poised to stab every member of the Cowboys in the heart) and goes back to his Cowboys forum where its safe and talks crap to the Redskins fans over there where he can get away with it.

The same Redskin fan goes to a Cowboys forum and makes a remark like: "Chris Cooley impresses me more than Jason Witten." The many Cowboys fans immedieatly dub him a retard and a homer and tell him about it, the Redskins fan thinks "man these guys dont know anything!" and crawls back to extremeskins where he can insult the Cowboys fans at will in the anonimity of 50,000 members.

Then when either side on either forum complains about their treatment there, both sides can say "well you're no better, this is the treatment I was given on your message board so you will get it on ours" and so continues the vicious cycle where nobody listens to anybody.

Whenever I make a post like this it goes widely ignored, and I expect this one will too, or another board member will accuse me of collaborating with the enemy, but really. What does it take to give some consideration from both sides, whether Cowboys fan or Redskins fan? I know a lot of you guys get your kicks insulting the Cowboys fans here because you love the rivalry and you love giving them ****. I also know a few Cowboys fans around here like to stirr up the Redskins fan hornet nest just to laugh at the reactions you get, the same goes for some Redskins fans on other boards. These things are perfectly fine when done in good taste, and without malice. Sometimes members from both sides on either forum can get out of hand and pick fights which generally lower the intelligence of anyone that makes the mistake of clicking on the thread.

The bottom line is this: I used to post on Cowboys zone every once in a while, and I never talked crap about their team, started any arguments, etc. I would try to have civilized factual arguments and it just didnt happen. So why dont I treat the Cowboys fans here with the same respect I was treated with on Cowboys zone? Because I would like to think that extremeskins is that much better than the Cowboys forum. Until people here learn how to relax and take a joke or two, and people stop picking fights with one another, were no better than they are.

Go ahead call me a moron, say im giving too much sympathy to Dallas fans, say im making a bigger deal out of something that I have to, you guys than are reading this are the ones who have filled about 4 pages with endless quoting back and forth for nothing.

that was a damn good post and I agree on almost every point. That has been my point for the most part. A Cowboys fan not responding to this thread originally because no matter what he said "that guy is an *******, he's an ignorant Cowboy homer and needs to be told so by the next 521 people to view the thread. "

GREAT post

More proof of how they are at Cowboyszone.com. :dallasuck I've had the same experience.

None of this occured on the Zone, sorry but i am on the all day and read every thread. Its wayyy to convienent that you say Cowboys fans said these things but now there is no link. As for a thread being deleted I SERIOUSLY doubt it, the mods never delete anything, even threads made by a troll remain. I tmay have been moved to a proper forum but not deleted.

As for the guy with "a dog named gibbs" You should learn what humor is.

Oh really? Here is a part of the PM that was sent to me by a mod:

"If this isn't clear enough then let me make this clearer I went back and read every post you've made here. You'll notice some of them have been deleted. You're next insult of the Cowboys or their fans here is your last. I can erase every word you've posted if need be."

Looks like you dont know what you're talking about. :D

Its the exact same way here. We can be called "idiots", "morons", "jackasses, you name it on this board. But if we retaliate with the same verbage, we get warned my the mods. But you have to learn to accept that if you're on another teams boards.

I've never seen people bragging on here about Pat Watkins. The guys is supposed to have some talent so if they are excited about the possibility of him being pretty good, fine, but I'd like to see where someone compared him to Sean Taylor. Show him to me and I"ll call him a homer too.

Hey jackass! Its been a while eh?:silly: (lol j/k!)

Anyone would tell you that we have the best Coaches not just in the NFC East, but the entire NFL! There is no way you can deny this, unless you're being what most Cowboys fans are, a homer. I have seen people say that we have the best Oline, WR corps, RBs, TE's, and Safetys in the league. Quite frankly, I agree with this. Our Oline is easily the best in the East. WR Corps? Only Dallas comes. Glenn and TO MAY BE a little better than Moss and Lloyd BUT we have more depth. Tiki and Portis are very close but once again, we have Betts and Cartwrights where they have Jacobs. Advantage: Skins. Cooley, Witten and Shockey are all close BUT we have a proven veteran in Fauria where the Giants have no one I've heard of and the Cowboys have a TE who COULD be good but has YET TO PROVE ANYTHING! Also our Safety tandem is the best in the ENTIRE LEAGUE. Even most of the media(who hates our guts) think so.

Also, I would love to show you where some dude compared Watkins to Taylor but as you can see by my above post, it was deleted(Cowboyszone). But, you have seen where someone compared Taylor being picked 5th overall to Watkins being picked in the 5th round!

Gee, I'm so glad I came back to this thread to see if anything had settled down :laugh:

It's an either/or folks. Someone needs to pick a time and place and stick with it.

How about we make a voluntary rule amongst ourselves? In "Around the NFL", we actually talk about football, compare the relative merits of the teams but cut the childish crap and bickering? Elsewhere on ES it's open season on Dallas fans. At least everybody would know what to expect.

There is a ton of history between these franchises, a boatload of bitterness and hostility, ok? Anyone that doesn't want to admit that really shouldn't try to join in a real conversation, but I'm willing to talk about the '06 season and how we matchup, how we will do, etc., and leave the past out of it. Any takers?

Gee, I'm so glad I came back to this thread to see if anything had settled down :laugh:

It's an either/or folks. Someone needs to pick a time and place and stick with it.

How about we make a voluntary rule amongst ourselves? In "Around the NFL", we actually talk about football, compare the relative merits of the teams but cut the childish crap and bickering? Elsewhere on ES it's open season on Dallas fans. At least everybody would know what to expect.

There is a ton of history between these franchises, a boatload of bitterness and hostility, ok? Anyone that doesn't want to admit that really shouldn't try to join in a real conversation, but I'm willing to talk about the '06 season and how we matchup, how we will do, etc., and leave the past out of it. Any takers?

:laugh:

And it only took 62 posts to get to that point!

I actually think this article makes good points about the dallas defense. If they can progress from last year and don't suffer any major injuries I think they'll be tough to play against.

I don't buy the offensive line stuff. He doesn't even mention the loss of Larry Allen. Then, he talks about the guys they got as if they're the answer to all of dallas' problems. Half these guys didn't get the job done last year and the other half are older journeymen guys.

What about the runners? I'm sorry, but I still don't buy Julius Jones as an every down RB. Marion Barber, I honestly haven't seen much of, but it's not exactly a ringing endorsement if he's sitting behind Jones on the depth chart.

Then there's Bledose, who is good, just not great. Far too immobile and can be deceived with a complicated d package. Picking apart defenses? I don't know. I think part of the early season success comes from the scheming by a guy who isn't there this year in Payton. They couldn't get the job done against a controlled defensive scheme like Gregg Williams'. In the first game last year they played so conservative and barely moved the ball.

Anyways, jmo.

I posted this around 30 or so posts ago. I think its fair and accurate and its just my opinion. We then had to go another 12 rounds for fans of both teams to get to the previous posts. Just a suggestion, but why don't we go from here? Does anybody else have some opinions of the article besides the typical "you dont know football" or, "you didn't see enough games" escape clauses?

Ok, in brief....

Is Dallas going to roll over for us? Never! No matter what anyone says, we are one of those teams they want to beat every year.

They have some really good young talent on D, and Parcells knows how to run a defense, they won't make it easy for anyone. We are going to need consistent play from the O-line. This may sound simple, but it isn't. One play can stall a drive.

A lot is said about Bledsoe, but he is at the point in his career where his young legs may be gone but he can make up for that with savvy play. I still think our secondary will make or break us vs Dallas this season. If they can make Bledsoe hold it a while longer, the front can get after him and cause headaches, if not, I will be screaming at the TV again this year. I will have to be convinced that the moves they made on their O-line are answers but they aren't the Texans.

I still think their RBs need to show me something before I anoint them for anything. I will take our corps vs theirs today or any day.

TO is one helluva player but it still remains to be seen who will win in the unstoppable force (TO) meeting the immovable object (Parcells) matchup.

I believe some of the FAs we signed were specifically brought in to face the battles in the division. I am as anxious as anyone to see what Lloyd + ARE + Saunders can be, but no one knows yet. Let's not make this the "Can you prove God exists?" thread. It's all speculation right now.

Oh really? Here is a part of the PM that was sent to me by a mod:

"If this isn't clear enough then let me make this clearer I went back and read every post you've made here. You'll notice some of them have been deleted. You're next insult of the Cowboys or their fans here is your last. I can erase every word you've posted if need be."

Looks like you dont know what you're talking about. :D

Couple things I can write anything I want and pass it off as coming from a Mod here. See here is part of a PM Art sent me "I love the Cowboy's" See now it must be true!

Second if that PM were true which I personally doubt. It would appear you were being warned for trolling. Maybe you should have heeded the advice instead of making Skins fans look bad. What was your user name there?

That was the best post I've read in a long, long, long time. Good job. :applause:

Dammit, WeownU! I usually hate everything that you say, but in this thread you were dead on . . . until the highlighted section above. Do you REALLY think that there's a better coaching staff in the division, conference, or league than ours? Come on. You guys have the #1.5 (Randy is just as good) receiver in the league; we can admit that. But to question our HOF coach with a head coach for each side of the ball? Come on, man. That was just ridiculous.

You have points on the rest of them, but Portis is clearly only somewhat rivaled by Barber, but when it comes to areas to criticise use, please don't use our coaching staff as a target. That's like saying water isn't wet enough.

Oh, I'm not saying that some of them aren't true, I was just trying to make a point that no matter what, this what is always said around here.

As a coaching staff, with the addition of saunders, I'd have to put you guys right at the top in the NFL. I still think it will take a while for Saunders to get the guys to gel, but as a whole, Gibbs, Saunders, and Williams are pretty damn good.

Of course Saunders and GW stunk as head coaches, but thats a different story...... :laugh: sorry dude, I had to get at least one jab in since I gave you some props.

Meh....its the offseason. This is a perfectly acceptable conversation to have right now. During the pre-season/season this convo may be not appropriate but for now? What else is there to talk about that hasn't been rehashed over and over? We need to see some of these guys in action before we can talk; namely minicamps, training camps and pre-season games. Until then....we can get back to calling Dallas fans homers. :silly:

This was an excellent post. As someone who frequents both boards, you get alot of the same things going on however there are distinct diffferences. For whatever reason, it seems as though ES has a greater percentage of really young members (ex. ages 12-20) who are slightly more prone to immature fights and starting rediculous threads. There SHOULD be good natured ribbing between fans but IMO some (not all) ES members come from a scorned/stepchild/bitterness stance where they become agitated by the slightest implication that Dallas could be a playoff team. It's like overcompensating for an insecurity. You guys get wwaaaaayyy more worked up and angry at the mere mention of the name Dallas Cowboys than vice versa. Just something that I've noticed here moreso than cowboyszone. Don't get me wrong, there's no doubt that we (Boys fans) love to hate the skins. It just seems as though we're consistently in your thoughts and threads far more.

Nah, good post, man. I sort of backed off the subject because it's a fruitless argument and I know it would have just come down to comparing boards.

But that's why I'm sayin, you gotta know what to expect when you to a different board. You can't go around getting upset about the way you're treated because it's really not worth it. Whenever I post on the Zone, I get called names whether I keep it civil or not. It's the nature of the beast. I always start out civil over there and even when I'm called names and whatnot, I still try to keep any insults good natured or I'll just make fun of the guy for calling names and not sticking to the subject.

But either way, I know most times when I post my opinion on a Cowboys board, I'll be in the minority and therefor I know what's coming. I don't hardly ever tell anybody they're morons or idiots or anything of that nature. I'd much rather just prove it by using facts :)

So like I say, fans of other teams need to suck it up a little bit. I'm postive that there are at least some posters here who are capable of debating stuff rationally. Just like I know there's a good portion that can't. It doesn't take long before you know whose posts you can just skip because they don't add anything besides insults to the convo.

This was an excellent post. As someone who frequents both boards, you get alot of the same things going on however there are distinct diffferences. For whatever reason, it seems as though ES has a greater percentage of really young members (ex. ages 12-20) who are slightly more prone to immature fights and starting rediculous threads. There SHOULD be good natured ribbing between fans but IMO some (not all) ES members come from a scorned/stepchild/bitterness stance where they become agitated by the slightest implication that Dallas could be a playoff team. It's like overcompensating for an insecurity. You guys get wwaaaaayyy more worked up and angry at the mere mention of the name Dallas Cowboys than vice versa. Just something that I've noticed here moreso than cowboyszone. Don't get me wrong, theres no doubt that we (Boys fans) love to hate the skins. It just seems as though we're consistently in your thoughts and threads far more.

I think part of that resentment over here is a manifestation of all the games we lost to you and the number of times we have to be reminded of it by Cowboys fans who come over here. It's probably a huge part of it.

I think part of that resentment over here is a manifestation of all the games we lost to you and the number of times we have to be reminded of it by Cowboys fans who come over here. It's probably a huge part of it.

I can respect that. For the most part, this is decent place with many informed posters. I'm sure you guys got really sick of hearing about the streak. What's so funny over here is that you guys NEVER concede inferiority even if you've lost 35-0 and 15 straight. There's always some comeback. That's the fun of ES.

I can respect that. For the most part, this is decent place with many informed posters. I'm sure you guys got really sick of hearing about the streak. What's so funny over here is that you guys NEVER concede inferiority even if you've lost 35-0 and 15 straight. There's always some comeback. That's the fun of ES.

Damn right. :laugh:

Archived