Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New article for the dallas fans among us...

Birdlives

But even more important to me is the addition of Vandy. We were a laughing stock last year in the kicking game. I'm no expert on the redskins history of kickers, but have you ever had a kicker who lined up for a 25 yard chip shot, and you just couldn't look at the TV because of fear? It was brutal. We lost a few games last year because of abyssmal kickers. Including our first meeting against you last year. Not an excuse, a fact. I do agree, our gameplan against you on monday night, was too conservative. I really felt as though parcells and company thought you guys couldn't score at all, so there was no reason to push the ball down the field. We paid a price for that.

Do we know what its like having your kicker miss every 25 yard chip shot??? Hey man, who do you think cut Jose Cortez before you guys picked him up? The guy was missing extra points here for christ's sake. :laugh:

Oh and we dont have terrible kickers in our history, but recently it seems we have had terrible punters. Every season there are 3 or 4 punts of like 20 yards or less...I hope that crazy australian who played pro soccer in England beats frost out for the punting job...probably wont but man I want that crazy aussie on the team. Talk about a punter who could tackle, the guy is like the size of a big safety. :D

Do we know what its like having your kicker miss every 25 yard chip shot??? Hey man, who do you think cut Jose Cortez before you guys picked him up? The guy was missing extra points here for christ's sake. :laugh:

Oh and we dont have terrible kickers in our history, but recently it seems we have had terrible punters. Every season there are 3 or 4 punts of like 20 yards or less...I hope that crazy australian who played pro soccer in England beats frost out for the punting job...probably wont but man I want that crazy aussie on the team. Talk about a punter who could tackle, the guy is like the size of a big safety. :D

I didn't realize Jose Cortez came to us through you. I knew he was a niner, but didn't know he stopped off in DC. He is GOD AWFUL.

We've had decent luck with punters lately, and I like McBriar, the guy we got now, I can live with a shanked punt every now and then, but when you line up for a 30 yarder, and have to pucker your "u know what", it sucks.

My neighbor is a MLS soccer player for the New England team (whoever they are), I was having a few beers with him last year and he said he was trying to get a tryout for the cowboys. Never happened though.

So you think dallas will suck this year as well, huh? :silly:

Bottom line it, the last time I tried to have a rational conversation about a reasonable subject relating to dallas on this message board I got plenty of fine and intelligent comments. Then two or three dallas fans got in there and all I got from them was "you're stupid, no it isn't" comments as well as insults and sarcasm. The dallas fans want to say us Skins fans in here are jerks? Some are, maybe, there certainly are alot of Skins fans in this here Skins message board. As far as I have seen, its the dallas fans who don't care to bring anything good to the table.

There are plenty of threads in this board with giants fans, eagle fans, Skins fans and other team fans where everyone is getting along quite well with each other. The dallas fans then get in there, get defensive and make nasty comments to everyone. Don't believe me? Check out some of the other threads I posted. I thought the conversation about Parcells was pretty good. Then weownu, thehereafter, and hehateme come in and pick fights by making sarcastic and downright insulting comments. And you want to say WE are the ones who aren't decent to the dallas fans? Look in the mirror.

Birdlives.. you have to be kidding right? So the Dallas fans harass the skins fans on this board? C'mon.. man.. you want a pity party for skins fans on ES? I'm sure you're joking.. IMO most Dallas fans here are pretty rationale and civil despite being provoked mercilessly.... but that's all part of the fun though.. I'm guessing the other Boys fans know what to expect here and live for the debates and the natural tension...

Birdlives.. you have to be kidding right? So the Dallas fans harass the skins fans on this board? C'mon.. man.. you want a pity party for skins fans on ES? I'm sure you're joking.. IMO most Dallas fans here are pretty rationale and civil despite being provoked mercilessly.... but that's all part of the fun though.. I'm guessing the other Boys fans know what to expect here and live for the debates and the natural tension...

Stick with the topic at hand!

BigD, you act like Cowboys fans bring nothing but rational arguments over here and Redskins fans always repsond to them irrationally. I'd say it works both ways. Here's how things usually work:

Most Redskins fans try to put a positive spin on most everything Redskins, while putting a negative spin on most things related to rival teams.

Rival teams fans spin most everything that relates to their team positively, all while spinning Redskins things negatively.

That's how Football messageboards work. It works that way universally and it isn't unique to this board.

Now suck it up and quit being such a sensitive pansy. :cheers:

Being sensitive would imply I care, which could be further from the truth. When I want intelligent conversation about the Skins I go to football.about.com or cmpd, I come here for laughs.

Being sensitive would imply I care, which could be further from the truth. When I want intelligent conversation about the Skins I go to football.about.com or cmpd, I come here for laughs.

I've posted on DCZ before, and its the same as it is here. There are a handful of rational posters, but most are total homers. There's even one douchebag that goes around calling Skins fans the "most ignorant fan base in sports" or something like that, anytime they disagree with him. Its pretty stupid.

Hey, news flash guys: just because we don't agree doesn't mean the discussion isn't rational. Just because we have differing opinions on who will win the division, doesn't mean our opinions aren't rational. Get off your high-horses and maybe we can have rational conversation. The Skins are just as able to win the division this year as any NFC East team, and that is a fact that even you homer Cowboy fans should be able to admit. We just happen to believe they have the best chance. :2cents:

I've posted on DCZ before, and its the same as it is here. There are a handful of rational posters, but most are total homers.

While all boards have homers there is no comparison between the boards. There are FAR more homers here. Over there the Skins fans who are not just trying to troll are treated respectfully and have become constant contributors. This site even the ones who are supposedly "respected" get bashed by most.

There's even one douchebag that goes around calling Skins fans the "most ignorant fan base in sports" or something like that, anytime they disagree with him. Its pretty stupid.

Have you seen what is said in EVERY thread that mentions the Cowboys, about their intellignece level etc??

Hey, news flash guys: just because we don't agree doesn't mean the discussion isn't rational.

Disagreement isn't irrational, but when a Cowboy fan dares to say the Cowboys may win more than 6 games they are summarily mocked, criticized, called names etc. That my friend is irrational

Just because we have differing opinions on who will win the division, doesn't mean our opinions aren't rational.

Read above

Get off your high-horses and maybe we can have rational conversation.

With a "few" posters here a rational conversation can be had, but that is the exception not the rule.

The Skins are just as able to win the division this year as any NFC East team,

Most everyone agrees with this.

and that is a fact that even you homer Cowboy fans should be able to admit.

Homer Cowboy fans? See that was irrational. Am I a homer? Have I been proclaming greatness for the Cowboys? Did I say Washington couldnt win? Yet here you are "you homer cowboy fans" So above it was just different opinions did not make it irrational, yet in this sentence you say any Cowboy fan that does not believe in your opinion is a "homer Cowboys fan"

While all boards have homers there is no comparison between the boards. There are FAR more homers here. Over there the Skins fans who are not just trying to troll are treated respectfully and have become constant contributors. This site even the ones who are supposedly "respected" get bashed by most.

To be fair, there are 50,000 members here. I doubt DCZ tops 10,000. So just in pure numbers alone, yeah, there are more homers here. I don't really know what other team boards numbers are, but I have to believe that ~55,000 members is near the top of the list for most populated message boards.

But as far as the ratio goes? I believe its similar.

Have you seen what is said in EVERY thread that mentions the Cowboys, about their intellignece level etc??[/QUTOE]

That's because you're all dumb rednecks. ;)

(That's a joke, by the way...hope you didn't take that seriously :silly: ).

Disagreement isn't irrational, but when a Cowboy fan dares to say the Cowboys may win more than 6 games they are summarily mocked, criticized, called names etc. That my friend is irrational

Please...show me a post in which a Dallas fan said the Cowboys would win 7 games and was mocked. I personally have predicted 10-11 wins for the Cowboys, so I would not mock you for saying so. I just happen to think the Skins will win the division.

Trust me....as much as you guys feel we Skins fans think the Skins have the division wrapped up, you guys come off the same way. The difference is, you're on a Skins board, THE Skins board as a matter of fact, so of course you're going to be outnumbered.

I'd also like to point out the ignore function to you....I use it frequently. If a poster only mocks you and never engages in rational discussion, simply place them on ignore. Problem solved. As far as I know there is no limit to how many people you can have on your list, so you can but 54,990 people on your list, and limit your discussions to the 10 so-called "rationa" (according to you) posters on the board if you so desired.

With a "few" posters here a rational conversation can be had, but that is the exception not the rule.

That's simply because of your POV. I feel the same way about the Cowboys board.

Homer Cowboy fans? See that was irrational. Am I a homer? Have I been proclaming greatness for the Cowboys? Did I say Washington couldnt win? Yet here you are "you homer cowboy fans" So above it was just different opinions did not make it irrational, yet in this sentence you say any Cowboy fan that does not believe in your opinion is a "homer Cowboys fan"

No, I didn't say that. You can not agree with my opinion and not be a homer. I just think its homerish to say that this board has only a "few" posters with which you can have a rational discussion with while DCZ is way better. It all depends on your point of view.

For all you Cowboys fans, have you ever visited Cowboyscentral.com? The biggest idiot homers I have ever come across and thats a fact. I was a member there and people started insulting me. When I retaliated, I got warned and those ****s nothing! There reasoning? "This is a Cowboys forum"! No ****, jackass!

Cowboys fans have no right to call fans from other teams homers. Honest to god, I have never seen a bigger group of ignorant homer fans in my life.

Just look at the statements some of you guys make. For example, many of you have already called Pat Watkins a steal, top-tier free safety and had the audacity to compare him to Sean Taylor. There was also this one comment about this subject(made by an idiot Cowboy fan) that I'd rather not quote because it was so ridiculously stupid. (btw, I know I keep bringing this topic up, but I find it pretty funny).

So you insult the people who come here for conversation, then say you can't have a rational discussion because the people here are all homers. Thanks for proving my point.

:rolleyes:

Just look at the statements some of you guys make. For example, many of you have already called Pat Watkins a steal, top-tier free safety and had the audacity to compare him to Sean Taylor. There was also this one comment about this subject(made by an idiot Cowboy fan) that I'd rather not quote because it was so ridiculously stupid. (btw, I know I keep bringing this topic up, but I find it pretty funny).

I haven't seen anyone compare Watkins to Taylor, but if they did, yeah; that's pretty damn homerish. ST has proven he can play at this level, Watkins hasn't done squat yet.

I haven't seen anyone compare Watkins to Taylor, but if they did, yeah; that's pretty damn homerish. ST has proven he can play at this level, Watkins hasn't done squat yet.

Trust me dude. They have. Both on this forum and Cowboyscentral.com. One time I asked if Watkins is already so great, then why did every team at least pass on him and him fall into mid 2nd day. Some idiot Cowboys fan(who posts here) responded by saying that if Sean Taylor is so great, then why did teams pass up on him. LMFAO! He was comparing being picked 5th OVERALL to being picked in the 5th round! :laugh:

Trust me dude. They have. Both on this forum and Cowboyscentral.com. One time I asked if Watkins is already so great, then why did every team at least pass on him and him fall into mid 2nd day. Some idiot Cowboys fan(who posts here) responded by saying that if Sean Taylor is so great, then why did teams pass up on him. LMFAO! He was comparing being picked 5th OVERALL to being picked in the 5th round! :laugh:

:laugh: That's pretty bad....

WOW...four teams passed on Sean Taylor, while 31 teams passed on Watkins multiple times. :laugh:

You know what? I know several Dallas fans that I have met online and talk with during the season. They know football, they understand the dynamics in the division and conference, they know the history of their team and are a pleasure to talk with. It IS possible to stand up for your team without resorting to insults or derogatory remarks (this directed to both sides).

At the same time, we enjoy "expressing" those amusing and ardently fanesque aspects of ourselves.

There is a time and place, people. You want a decent conversation on the relative merits of Skins vs 'Boys, we can do that.

You want to just let it out and see who can out-fan who? We can do that too.

We just can't do both at the same time in the same place.

Both teams have their idiot relatives that no one wants to mention and who embarass themselves and everybody around them, there's no benefit in tarring everybody with that brush.

To be fair, there are 50,000 members here. I doubt DCZ tops 10,000. So just in pure numbers alone, yeah, there are more homers here. I don't really know what other team boards numbers are, but I have to believe that ~55,000 members is near the top of the list for most populated message boards.

While there may be 50,000 members, nowhere close to that frequent the board. The most users ever online here is 1688 on Cowboyszone its 1,029. There is a good difference but that 50,000 member thing is just a number its active members that matter and On Extreme they have the option for the public to see active members turned off

But as far as the ratio goes? I believe its similar.

We will have to agree to disagree then.

That's because you're all dumb rednecks. ;)

(That's a joke, by the way...hope you didn't take that seriously :silly: ).

No I can definately take a joke ;)

Please...show me a post in which a Dallas fan said the Cowboys would win 7 games and was mocked. I personally have predicted 10-11 wins for the Cowboys, so I would not mock you for saying so. I just happen to think the Skins will win the division.

Thats the point the only way a Cowboy fan can talk about their record etc without being mocked by the masses is to say they will win 6-7 games LOL

I havent seen your predictions, but I assume I can take you at your word. My opinion is about 10 wins in case you were wondering.

Trust me....as much as you guys feel we Skins fans think the Skins have the division wrapped up, you guys come off the same way. The difference is, you're on a Skins board, THE Skins board as a matter of fact, so of course you're going to be outnumbered.

See, for me it isn't all about that. When a Cowboy fan posts on the main board (its not as bad in ATN) No matter what the content of the post he gets attacked. If they give a dissenting "opinion" they are personally attacked. That is where I say there is no rational conversation because when you try to get one going you are attacked, and we all know that a Cowboy fan can not defend himself on this board.

I'd also like to point out the ignore function to you....I use it frequently. If a poster only mocks you and never engages in rational discussion, simply place them on ignore. Problem solved. As far as I know there is no limit to how many people you can have on your list, so you can but 54,990 people on your list, and limit your discussions to the 10 so-called "rationa" (according to you) posters on the board if you so desired.

I have used the ignore function before but I hate it, for a couple reasons first people quote the other text and you still see it. Second It is hard to follow a thread if the person on ignore is part of the thread. JMO

I would also like to thank you for responding to me in a rational manner, and carrying on a conversation I am sure you do not agree with or want to discuss, much props

That's simply because of your POV. I feel the same way about the Cowboys board.

It may be my POV, but I believe you would feel the same in my shoes. I can not speak for all cowboys board since I only go to the best one (Cowboyszone), But if you come there and are not looking to troll, you are usually treated respectfully even as a newbie. Once you are established you will even find yourself being defended by others if you are attacked. I believe Skinsandterps is from this board and can attest to that.

No, I didn't say that. You can not agree with my opinion and not be a homer. I just think its homerish to say that this board has only a "few" posters with which you can have a rational discussion with while DCZ is way better. It all depends on your point of view.

But your homer comment was not about the boards it was about the Skins chance at winning the division

"The Skins are just as able to win the division this year as any NFC East team, and that is a fact that even you homer Cowboy fans should be able to admit."

Now looking at that "I took it as" If you do not agree with the Skins having a good chance at winning the division then you are a homer. While I do believe the Skins have as good a shot as any, calling someone a homer for not agreeing with that opinion would be wrong IMO.

For all you Cowboys fans, have you ever visited Cowboyscentral.com? The biggest idiot homers I have ever come across and thats a fact. I was a member there and people started insulting me. When I retaliated, I got warned and those ****s nothing! There reasoning? "This is a Cowboys forum"! No ****, jackass!

That site is trash, the founders of the site were people who got mad because they couldnt be jackasses on Cowboyszone

Cowboys fans have no right to call fans from other teams homers. Honest to god, I have never seen a bigger group of ignorant homer fans in my life.

On Central? Maybe. On the Zone, no

Just look at the statements some of you guys make. For example, many of you have already called Pat Watkins a steal

A FS prediction to go around rd 3 in rd 5 is considered a steal IMO has nothing to do with ability just projected draft position

, top-tier free safety

Link to this comment?

and had the audacity to compare him to Sean Taylor.

Link to this comment?

There was also this one comment about this subject(made by an idiot Cowboy fan) that I'd rather not quote because it was so ridiculously stupid. (btw, I know I keep bringing this topic up, but I find it pretty funny)

Please do quote it, and link it

So you insult the people who come here for conversation, then say you can't have a rational discussion because the people here are all homers. Thanks for proving my point.

:rolleyes:

I didn't say they are all homers. My points have been very clear.

:laugh: That's pretty bad....

WOW...four teams passed on Sean Taylor, while 31 teams passed on Watkins multiple times. :laugh:

While hereafters comment could have been worded differently, it is being taken out of context he was replying to a post that said

Anyone(a.k.a. retard Cowboy fans) who thinks Watkins is going to be a star in the NFL is on crack. The guy is supposedly great but somehow EVERY team miraculously passed on him. If height and speed is everything then Robert McCune should be one of the best LBs in the league. That guy is a MONSTER!

So his reply was to say that being passed over does not mean you can not be good in time. Sean Taylor while only passed over 4 times was passed over. Yet a better example would have been Rodney Harrison in round 4.

I didn't say they are all homers. My points have been very clear.

I pity you...nah, no I don't.

Most of your posts are about how puke fans are treated on this board.

Well, when they have something reasonable worth saying, we listen...unfortunately, most posts are a waste of time.

In order to be a respected opposition's fan, you need to earn respect...soo stop whining and post about football.

You know what? I know several Dallas fans that I have met online and talk with during the season. They know football, they understand the dynamics in the division and conference, they know the history of their team and are a pleasure to talk with. It IS possible to stand up for your team without resorting to insults or derogatory remarks (this directed to both sides).

At the same time, we enjoy "expressing" those amusing and ardently fanesque aspects of ourselves.

There is a time and place, people. You want a decent conversation on the relative merits of Skins vs 'Boys, we can do that.

You want to just let it out and see who can out-fan who? We can do that too.

We just can't do both at the same time in the same place.

Both teams have their idiot relatives that no one wants to mention and who embarass themselves and everybody around them, there's no benefit in tarring everybody with that brush.

That was an EXCELLENT post :applause:

That site is trash, the founders of the site were people who got mad because they couldnt be jackasses on Cowboyszone

On Central? Maybe. On the Zone, no

A FS prediction to go around rd 3 in rd 5 is considered a steal IMO has nothing to do with ability just projected draft position

Link to this comment?

Link to this comment?

Please do quote it, and link it

Actually when I referred to Cowboyscentral.com I meant Cowboyszone.com. For some reason Cowboyszone.com does not show in my 'history' so I got them mistaken.

And the link to those two comments are gone because it was posted on Cowboyszone.com and when I responded to the post, the whole entire thread got deleted(and no I didnt use any curse words). True story.

btw, on Cowboyszone.com, this one **** says he has a dog named Gibbs that he teached tricks to. So dont come here and talk about how respectful you guys are. :rolleyes:

While there may be 50,000 members, nowhere close to that frequent the board. The most users ever online here is 1688 on Cowboyszone its 1,029. There is a good difference but that 50,000 member thing is just a number its active members that matter and On Extreme they have the option for the public to see active members turned off

Yeah...but that "max users" number isn't the same people all the time. There are a lot of people within that ~50Gs or so that post regularly, but there are probably a lot that don't as well, and maybe only lurk occasionally to get the latest news. But I am always seeing new posters in the Stadium, and even in here to an extent.

Thats the point the only way a Cowboy fan can talk about their record etc without being mocked by the masses is to say they will win 6-7 games LOL

I havent seen your predictions, but I assume I can take you at your word. My opinion is about 10 wins in case you were wondering.

10 wins?? HOMER. ;) I am going to post my NFC East predictions thread soon...after this weekend's Skins minicamp reports come back. Then you can see my "official" predictions.

See, for me it isn't all about that. When a Cowboy fan posts on the main board (its not as bad in ATN) No matter what the content of the post he gets attacked. If they give a dissenting "opinion" they are personally attacked. That is where I say there is no rational conversation because when you try to get one going you are attacked, and we all know that a Cowboy fan can not defend himself on this board.

I feel the same way about DCZ...I've been personally attacked on there. I do know there are regulars on here who post regularly on there as well; Monte51Coleman is one of them.

It may be my POV, but I believe you would feel the same in my shoes. I can not speak for all cowboys board since I only go to the best one (Cowboyszone), But if you come there and are not looking to troll, you are usually treated respectfully even as a newbie. Once you are established you will even find yourself being defended by others if you are attacked. I believe Skinsandterps is from this board and can attest to that.

DCC (as you mentioned) is terrible. I got banned from there after one post (after the MNF game). It wasn't trolling (although it probably could have been classified as semi-baiting :silly: ), but got me an immediate ban. Like within seconds of my post. :laugh:

But your homer comment was not about the boards it was about the Skins chance at winning the division

"The Skins are just as able to win the division this year as any NFC East team, and that is a fact that even you homer Cowboy fans should be able to admit."

Now looking at that "I took it as" If you do not agree with the Skins having a good chance at winning the division then you are a homer. While I do believe the Skins have as good a shot as any, calling someone a homer for not agreeing with that opinion would be wrong IMO.

I guess that's just my opinion...I think you'd have to be a homer to ignore the improvements on offense and defense from last season the Skins have made. But I'll retract that comment if it makes you feel better....you're not a homer if you don't think the Skins have a shot at the division

So his reply was to say that being passed over does not mean you can not be good in time. Sean Taylor while only passed over 4 times was passed over. Yet a better example would have been Rodney Harrison in round 4.

Yeah...I can see his point but come on...comparing a 5th rounder being "passed over" to the number 5 overall pick being "passed over?" There's a world of difference there, and the two situations aren't even remotely similar.

Archived