Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst invention ever.....

Titaw

Since, we have a thread on the most important thing I have decided to create the worst invention ever thread. The catch is you can name it, BUT you have to post a picture of it to provide that visual aide.

My vote...

FT-pet-rock.jpg

Man's a Genius for marketing it and he did make millions, but It is right up there among the worst.

Let the Games begin!!!!

Cool, now were on a subject I'm well versed in. I worked for a prototype shop way back in the day. If a person had an idea, and the money for the prototype and marketing research, we would buils it for them.

1) The automatic dog washer. My bosses dog hated it. Big stainless steel box with water sprayers, a resivoir of soap, and heated blowers. A washing machine type timer controled it.

2) Table top UFO detector. We built it to specs, but no clue if it worked being nothing ever happened.

3) the Ski track. This one almost killed me while testing. Some guy came up with the idea that it was way to costly to ski in areas that weren't established resorts. You could get dropped off at the top of a mountain, but would only get one run.

The ski track was a 5hp B&S engine with a frame around it. It had a gokart clutch driving a plastic dozer type track that ride on rollers around the frame. A teathered throttle, and a folding feat. The idea was to ski down a hill with this thing strapped to your back. When you got to the bottom, you unfolded the seat, started it up, sat on it, and drove it back up the hill steering with your skis.

It was the dead of summer when we finished it, so my boss had the idea of using roller skates in place of skis to test. Ya know those stickers you see all over the place, "No Fear" ;) that's me :laugh: we go out in front of our shop which was on a road about 200 yards long first thing one morning. I hop on and hit the throttle with roller skates on. Wouldn't ya know, the throttle goes wide open and sticks.

In an instant, I'm doing about 35+ mph, feet dragging next to the thing, and no way to stop. It had an old school kill, which was a tap over the top of the spark plus to ground it out to kill the engine. It wasn't meant to be used while moving, so I was just along for the ride till either I veered to one side or the other hitting a parked car, building, or stay straight and hit the small dirt embankment at the end of the road.

Pete got door # 3 that day, and hit the embankment at full speed. :doh: . The friggin thing stopped dead, and I was launched over the embankment landing about 20 yards away in the swamp beyond. :mad:

Needless to say, the two prototypes were the only ones made :laugh:

Those Nextel phones, with Direct Connect. Not only do we have to listen to one side of an idiotic conversation, we get to hear both!

What kind of a moron doesn't know how to use their address book?

2nd place - landmines...

Archived