Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are cowboys fans saying now?

TheTotalPackage

I am just hoping that one of the cowcrapers calls ST a criminal, I just wanna see the next tackle put on him by ST, boy that will be something to see, and crappers giving us crap over criminals....ever see the longest yard movie...could have used the crappers players over the years for the mean machine they have had so many criminals on their team

I am just hoping that one of the cowcrapers calls ST a criminal, I just wanna see the next tackle put on him by ST, boy that will be something to see, and crappers giving us crap over criminals....ever see the longest yard movie...could have used the crappers players over the years for the mean machine they have had so many criminals on their team

With all due respect, the Redskins aren't saints in the criminal category...

Extra credit if you can find any more lame ways to use the word "crap" in your next post.

Time starts....now.

He does - he took out Julius last year with one.

So does Sean Taylor.

So they are ALL in the same category, do I have that right?

Or does that category only apply to players who don't wear burgundy and gold?

I don't feel it's right to have to horse-collar at all period. It's not ok to even do it occasionally, but it just seems like everytime I see Roy tackle, his hand is reached out for somebody's collar.

I don't feel it's right to have to horse-collar at all period. It's not ok to even do it occasionally, but it just seems like everytime I see Roy tackle, his hand is reached out for somebody's collar.

And I can't tell you how infrequently I saw it last year. 5 times tops. Absolute tops. It's a gross overexagerration to say it's the only way he knows how to tackle, or any of the other misleading statements made.

Yes - he does. Many players do. And it never gets called, ever. If you disapprove, it's time to stop rooting for Taylor, and trade in your pants for a nice skirt.

Are you suggesting Williams MEANT to injure other players? If you are, I can't help you. But again - this is football, not tiddly-winks. Players get injured all the time - it's not intended, there is generally no malice. Roy tackles people legally, and effectively. If that offends some people's sensitive sensibilities, it's a pity. Cuz he's a hell of a player.

What are your feelings on Jeremiah Trotter?

Myth: Roy Williams tackles legally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krwSWTkEcIs&search=roy%20williams%20

Are you suggesting Williams MEANT to injure other players? If you are, I can't help you. But again - this is football, not tiddly-winks. Players get injured all the time - it's not intended, there is generally no malice. Roy tackles people legally, and effectively. If that offends some people's sensitive sensibilities, it's a pity. Cuz he's a hell of a player.

dumbass statement right there. does it even really matter? if he tackles one player in a specific manner and that player gets hurt, then another player and that player gets hurt, if he continues to tackle the player that way and risk hurting them, then HELL YEAH he's doing it on purpose. even if he wasn't purposely trying to hurt them, his tactics are unreasonably putting other players at risk.

Many team owners became concerned with the horse-collar tackle earlier this year after it was blamed for causing a higher rate of injury than more traditional tackles. During the 2004 season, several offensive players were sidelined after being horse-collared: Titans wide receiver Tyrone Calico (sprained knees), Ravens running backs Jamal Lewis (sprained ankle) and Musa Smith (compound fracture of the right tibia), and Eagles receiver Terrell Owens (fractured right fibula and torn ligaments). All were brought down by Williams.

http://www.ericokeefe.com/nyt-052705.php

I must agree with you Santana Fan.

The problem with Roy Williams (besides the fact he can't cover Santana Moss :silly: -had to do it Cowboy fans) isn't just the fact that he's horse-collared people. It's that it appears to do it as a natural instinct rather than it just happened to be the only way he could bring someone down.

The most infuriating play involving Roy Williams for me last season wasn't a tackle, but rather a near tackle he made in the 2nd Skins/Boys game. It happened on the Moss screen pass which he nearly took to the house. As Moss was running down the sideline, Williams was running behind him (what else is new :silly:). Moss slows up and is looking to cut, here comes Roy, arms extended toward Santana's neck getting ready for a horsecollar. Luckily, some other Cowboy was able to knock Moss down a split second before Williams grabbed him.

Williams is an overrated tackler and poor in coverage. He's got great instincts at finding the guy with the ball and delivering punishing hits and is a fantastic blitzer. He'd make a great linebacker.......alas he's only a one dimensional safety.

dumbass statement right there. does it even really matter?

He makes legal tackles, with no intent to injure. I see nothing wrong with it. Just as I see nothing wrong with Taylor or Trotter doing it. You play within the rules, even if that means being right on the edge. Don't like it? Pick another sport.

I must agree with you Santana Fan.

The problem with Roy Williams (besides the fact he can't cover Santana Moss :silly: -had to do it Cowboy fans) isn't just the fact that he's horse-collared people. It's that it appears to do it as a natural instinct rather than it just happened to be the only way he could bring someone down.

The most infuriating play involving Roy Williams for me last season wasn't a tackle, but rather a near tackle he made in the 2nd Skins/Boys game. It happened on the Moss screen pass which he nearly took to the house. As Moss was running down the sideline, Williams was running behind him (what else is new :silly:). Moss slows up and is looking to cut, here comes Roy, arms extended toward Santana's neck getting ready for a horsecollar. Luckily, some other Cowboy was able to knock Moss down a split second before Williams grabbed him.

Williams is an overrated tackler and poor in coverage. He's got great instincts at finding the guy with the ball and delivering punishing hits and is a fantastic blitzer. He'd make a great linebacker.......alas he's only a one dimensional safety.

I actually agree--I think Williams would make a great 3-4 weakside linebacker. In coverage at safety, he's a real liability. He's most comfortable by the line of scrimmage, hence his great blitzing ability.

He'd make a great linebacker.......alas he's only a one dimensional safety.

It's unbelievable that he can be so one-dimensional and put up stats that cannot be rivaled by ANY safety in the league, year after year.

Don't believe everything you read. The guy had a tough year in 04, and still got his numbers, and a pro-bowl selection.

He makes legal tackles, with no intent to injure. I see nothing wrong with it. Just as I see nothing wrong with Taylor or Trotter doing it. You play within the rules, even if that means being right on the edge. Don't like it? Pick another sport.

okay so they pass the "Roy Williams Rule" made in his name. to compensate, what does he do? instead of grabbing the inside of the shoulder pads, he resorts to grabbing the back of the jersey behind the players neck. every time he does it, the player writhes in agony and has to miss at least a few plays.

no intent to injure? i call bull****. if you want to play clean, make a clean tackle.

no intent to injure? i call bull****. if you want to play clean, make a clean tackle.

Oooh....a mind reader.

I'll surely defer to your superior talents.

When Taylor does it, does he intend to injure people, even if he hasn't yet?

when has taylor ever done it? when he did, who got hurt? how many penalty yards did he get for doing it? how many fines?

you say ST does it...you may be correct, but I have never seen it happen, and I watch a lot of skins games.

If anything, sean taylor tries to jack people up full force (put on a big hit) instead of running behind, grabbing the inside of the jersey and dragging the player down.

It's unbelievable that he can be so one-dimensional and put up stats that cannot be rivaled by ANY safety in the league, year after year.

Don't believe everything you read. The guy had a tough year in 04, and still got his numbers, and a pro-bowl selection.

I admit that looking at his numbers, it's very impressive. Hell, despite the Monday Night game last year, as a Skins fan I'll admit that you could easily make a Roy Williams highlight film only using plays he's made against the Skins since coming into the league. From sacks, to INTs for TD and a fumble RT for a TD. He's got a big play knack.

But he is a one dimensional safety (but very very very good at that one dimension). However he cannot be trusted to cover a receiver or tight end one on one. Sean Taylor is the total package, he does everything equally well. The only knock on Sean Taylor as a football player is that he sometimes bites on things (see Crayton 04, Glenn 05) but that will go away with more experience.....the guy is only 22 or 23, he's only scratched the surface of how good he can be.

Archived