Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are cowboys fans saying now?

TheTotalPackage

Extra credit if you can find any more lame ways to use the word "crap" in your next post.

Time starts....now.

You are an effing TROLL . . . you must live a sad life to have to come on here and start "CRAP" . . . how do I know this?

Because only an idiot would expect fans of a rival team to give respect to your favorite teams' players on their message board.

when has taylor ever done it?

Watch this video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7161625295934744894&q=redskins

heck of a highlight video, I must admit, but there are at least two instances in there, on a Ravens player, and on McNabb. There are also instances of him tackling people around the neck, forcing them backwards and down, accomplishing basically the same thing as the horse collar.

when he did, who got hurt?

Why is this important? Roy hurt noone last year with it, but he still is labeled dirty? Yet, one of these players history is littered with personal fouls, late hits, spitting and the like.

Yet Roy Williams is dirty.:rolleyes:

how many penalty yards did he get for doing it? how many fines?

Again, why is this important? Roy has never been penalized, or fined for these hits....

But he is a one dimensional safety (but very very very good at that one dimension). However he cannot be trusted to cover a receiver or tight end one on one.

I still don't see the one-dimension. You don't see many Boys games. I see every one. The stats say Roy Williams is pretty darn good in coverage - so what are you basing your opinion on, if it's not stats, or actually seeing him play all the time? The guy is a phenomenal safety - he's not outstanding in coverage, but he is pretty darn good. All players have strengths and weaknesses. Pretending Roy is poor in coverage, or can't be trusted, is just baseless.

Watch this video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7161625295934744894&q=redskins

heck of a highlight video, I must admit, but there are at least two instances in there, on a Ravens player, and on McNabb. There are also instances of him tackling people around the neck, forcing them backwards and down, accomplishing basically the same thing as the horse collar.

Why is this important? Roy hurt noone last year with it, but he still is labeled dirty? Yet, one of these players history is littered with personal fouls, late hits, spitting and the like.

Yet Roy Williams is dirty.:rolleyes:

Again, why is this important? Roy has never been penalized, or fined for these hits....

He hurt Portis last year, and he had to sit out for a couple plays. But hey....

You are an effing TROLL . . . you must live a sad life to have to come on here and start "CRAP" . . . how do I know this?

Because only an idiot would expect fans of a rival team to give respect to your favorite teams' players on their message board.

OK. I'm an idiot. Sorry I expected too much of you.

He hurt Portis last year, and he had to sit out for a couple plays. But hey....

In that video, he wraps TO up high, and drags him backwards - not a violation of a rule, but it accomplishes the EXACT same thing as the horse collar.

TO had to head to the sideline.

For chrissakes, people. It's FOOTBALL. Would you like them to put on garters and prance around in ballet shoes?

I won't say that Roy Williams is a bad player but he is one dimentional. He's just not very good in coverage, period, he's not. IMO, you can't be one of the best safeties in the game if you can only defend one aspect of the game with competence. As far as the others, Glenn is a good WR. Newman is ok, no Springs but ok. His effort leaves something to be desired at times (see Parcells' face after that bs effort at tackling Cooley on his screen pass TD in the second game. That was a piss poor effort) though he has the talent to be as good as almost any corner.

Sean Taylor is the real deal, though. He can do everything and do everything well. He's already a better safety than Roy and I have a feeling he's going to have a MONSTER year this year.

If you want Cowboy trolls, look no further than ESPN. Picked up this gem from this idiot.

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=697&threadID=3764217&lastPostID=24066145

Gonna get probation and have to go back to school, huh?

Sucks I bet.

Because of his off field behavior(and sometimes on field behavior, need I spit more?), not to mention that he pleaded no contest (guilty, by any other word) to misdemeanor chargers, Tagliaboobs is almost required to suspend his ass for at least 4 games.

And guess what? He on probation! So if Taylor does so much as fart against the wind, the charges are back on Double time. And we all know Taylor can't help a good fart.

The guy lives to be stupid. It's just a matter of time before he goes off again and then the ***** will really hit the fan.

So don't declare this a victory yet, ladies. Your boy toy may end up chiseling license plates in Alcutta before you know it.

I still don't see the one-dimension. You don't see many Boys games. I see every one. The stats say Roy Williams is pretty darn good in coverage - so what are you basing your opinion on, if it's not stats, or actually seeing him play all the time? The guy is a phenomenal safety - he's not outstanding in coverage, but he is pretty darn good. All players have strengths and weaknesses. Pretending Roy is poor in coverage, or can't be trusted, is just baseless.

All I know is, Randy Moss and TO couldn't do jack against our secondary. Your secondary, on the other hand, is basically the same one that got absolutely owned by both Santana and Lloyd last year. Say what you want about Roy, I'll take my chances. Those two had nearly 500 yards in 3 games against Roy and his wonderful coverage.

All I know is, Randy Moss and TO couldn't do jack against our secondary. Your secondary, on the other hand, is basically the same one that got absolutely owned by both Santana and Lloyd last year. Say what you want about Roy, I'll take my chances. Those two had nearly 500 yards in 3 games against Roy and his wonderful coverage.

And you assume Roy was on them, exclusively?

nuff said.

Funny, for a defense that was apparently so far superior to the Cowboys, you would have thought the gap between passing defenses would have been much larger than 0.1 yards....

nuff said.

Funny, for a defense that was apparently so far superior to the Cowboys, you would have thought the gap between passing defenses would have been much larger than 0.1 yards....

No, I don't. But you were comparing Sean to Roy, Newman to Springs, ect. All I'm saying is, considering how evenly "matched" your secondary guys are to ours it's some kind of fluke that yours got burned so much more consistently?

nuff said.

Were not saying that Roy WIlliams was on them exclusively. But look, the fact is that Lloyd and Moss combined for all of those yards on your secondary with Roy WIlliams back there. Now don't get me wrong, Sean Taylor has gotten burned before (i.e. the first eagles game), but Roy seems to constantly get beat. Now that Monday night game against the Redskins was not ALL Williams fault. But face it, Williams was supposed to provide help to whoever was covering Moss, and he didn't. He was BURNED TWICE. Any REAL Pro-Bowl caliber saftey would not have let that happen!

All-Pro safeties do not take a play off. All-Pro safeties do not get burned twice in one game during crunch time to give up the lead and the game. All-Pro safeties...are not overrated.

What pisses me off the most is that you won't give Williams credit for costing you that Monday night Game...but yet, when Donovan McNabb threw that ball directly at Roy WIlliams and he ran it back for a Touchdown, he is your savior and an All-Pro. Kinda ironic isn't it.

As for who's defense is better, well, that's easy......who is coaching the Redskins defense? That's right, G. Williams...that's all that matters.

Umm, watched your video and there's not a single instance of ST horse collar tackling anybody. So what was your point? Do you always prove yourself wrong?

;)

And here's the part I hate, and I'm blaming the Skins fans for this. I actually have to agree with a cowboys fan. Ugh! I'm getting nauseated so Ill make this fast. Roy Williams and Sean Taylor are two of the best safeties playing the game. I hate hate hate the cowboys, but Williams is pretty good. Average at coverage but solid against the run. IMO I don't think he's as good as Taylor, but he is good. Think about it, we'd take him in a heart beat. What a tandem that would be! And BTW Spizz, don't use the probowl as proof of a players quality. The probowl is a popularity contest voted on by people who don't have a clue. All-Pro, that's a different story. Anyway, thats my :2cents: . I'm gonna go throw-up now.....

In that video, he wraps TO up high, and drags him backwards - not a violation of a rule, but it accomplishes the EXACT same thing as the horse collar.

TO had to head to the sideline.

For chrissakes, people. It's FOOTBALL. Would you like them to put on garters and prance around in ballet shoes?

in that video, while he does use his arms to pull the players s holder pads back, it does not look like he used his body weight to pull the player straight down, rather the players momentum carried himi off his feet. it's the body weight at a downward angle that hurts the player the most because the player being tackled's feet are still set and planted underneath him while he's being pulled backwards or to the side...which essentially bends him in two, a p osition that the body is not naturally supposed to be able to assume. in ALL of roy williams questionable tackles, he has either grabbed the inside of the shoulder pads or back of the jersey then lifted his own feet off the ground, putting all of his body weight on the ballcarrier.

so you're incorrect. that type of tackle does NOT create the same effect as a horse collar. ST did not use his body weight to drag the player down or bend him backwards. TO had to head to the sideline cuz he got jacked up.

Were not saying that Roy WIlliams was on them exclusively. But look, the fact is that Lloyd and Moss combined for all of those yards on your secondary with Roy WIlliams back there. Now don't get me wrong, Sean Taylor has gotten burned before (i.e. the first eagles game), but Roy seems to constantly get beat. Now that Monday night game against the Redskins was not ALL Williams fault. But face it, Williams was supposed to provide help to whoever was covering Moss, and he didn't. He was BURNED TWICE. Any REAL Pro-Bowl caliber saftey would not have let that happen!

Look it up. Moss was not Roy's responsibility. Pin it on Glenn.

Look up the Randy and lloyd catches. All against - you guessed it - Keith Davis. Moss caught his one big pass on a zone where Ware whiffed on a jam, and Davis couldn't get to his spot in time. Lloyd was over with Henry who had an awful day, and Davis again.

Stat sheets are nice, but watching is nicer.

What pisses me off the most is that you won't give Williams credit for costing you that Monday night Game...but yet, when Donovan McNabb threw that ball directly at Roy WIlliams and he ran it back for a Touchdown, he is your savior and an All-Pro. Kinda ironic isn't it.

When you're making over-generalizations, try to be sure that the person you're talking to actually fits the bill. I don;t. Roy did what he was supposed to. It was a real nice catch, and a great overall play by Newman and Roy, but not some phenomenal world changing event.

As for who's defense is better, well, that's easy......who is coaching the Redskins defense? That's right, G. Williams...that's all that matters.

OK....fun logic. Mike Zimmer. What do I win?

in that video, he grabs the shoulder pads and uses his arms to pull TO back while still standiing. he does NOT use his body weight to pull the player down.

How did I know there would be an excuse. Maybe I'M psychic?

Face it - ST horse-collars people. I showed you video evidence.

in ALL of roy williams questionable tackles, he has either grabbed the inside of the shoulder pads or back of the jersey then lifted his own feet off the ground, putting all of his body weight on the ballcarrier.

Really? ALL of them? I;m not even going to ask you to prove this -- you can't.

so you're incorrect. that type of tackle does NOT create the same effect as a horse collar. ST did not use his body weight to drag the player down or bend him backwards. TO had to head to the sideline cuz he got jacked up.

In both cases, similar things happen. The players momentum is stopped, his feet are stuck, and he is dragged backwards. I never said they were exactly the same. But enjoy your excuses. Although, I'll tell you, it's not flattering.

disregard that. i was referring to the baltimore game that's on there. the footage is so grainy that you can't tell if its green or purple.

anyway, i saw the TO hit. he reached around and grabbed TO on the front of his chest. that's a whole lot more honorable than grabbing on the back of a jersey or inside of the shoulder pads and pulling straight down. that TO hit looked like a solid tackle to me.

sigh.. spizzunk we'll worry about our team .. but thanks for worrying about us so much. shows how much u care for us

but i think it's time you go back to your own message board and just relax.. don't be too scared that sean taylor can play now and just enjoy a nice cup of tea and worry about your team..

and thanks for your love toward us.. get a life.

man regardless of what you say, the horse collar rule is called the Roy Williams rule and not the Sean Taylor rule. it's like that for a reason.

it boggles my mind that you compared ST's hit on TO to the one RW put on TO. TO was not bent in two when ST tackled him. there's a huge difference and there is no gray area. there are no similarities.

if ST in fact was looked at as a dirty player, then they would have named the rule after him. after all, Dallas is "supposed" to be America's team, and the redskins aren't given any respect by the sportscasters. also, as far as reputation goes aside from the horse collar and the injuries, roy williams is a choirboy compared to Taylor. I will admit that.

so given all of those facts, if sean taylor was regarded as a dirty player, then that would've been his rule instead of williams'. the fact that it is not named for him and remains the roy williams rule should be telling.

These Cowgirls have nothing on S.T. Taylor makes elite Wr's look like highschoolers. Go look at what T.O.'s done against our D and if you wanna see a Wr getting owned, go see what T.O.'s done against Taylor.

It's more than the horse collar. Roy Williams also spears a lot. He lowers his head and hits with the helmet first. It's the kind of thing you notice more when he's hitting a player you root for. We may be blind to similar hits from Taylor, but I can state confidently that I have never seen a Cowboy game where Williams did not lay at least two cheap hits. If he's on your team... you probably think that that's good, that he's an intimidater, a hard player, but if you're at all objective... Heck, others have said it... they don't nickname a penalty after you if you are a clean player. There's no D. Green Penalty.

Why do all of you compare ST and RW so much? I really think it is jealousy for whatever reason. They play two seperate positions. FS and SS. Both are asked to do completely different things.

Lets compare Brunell to Terry Glenn next. Who cares that they play different positions.

Archived