Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell/Cooley OTA Video (Merged)

CPstretch

My view on some people's reaction to this OTA video of WIDE RECEIVER drills? It's similar, in many ways, to current gas prices:

39864390_65a585e650_m.jpg

ZOMG we're d00med, J.C. can't thr0w t3h sp!ral, wth??!!1!?/! I wnat Rams3y plex plzzzzzz!1!!one!!1

Sigh...

Actually, he was throwing a very tight spiral. It just wasn't going anywhere near the intended target. :(

Actually, he was throwing a very tight spiral. It just wasn't going anywhere near the intended target. :(

"ZOMG we're d00med, J.C. can't thr0w t3h patternz, wth??!!1!?/! I wnat Rams3y plex plzzzzzz!1!!one!!1"

Fixed.

Hey, I'm not the one who made the comments in the first place. I find it funny that I make two posts and it's the whole focus. Gibbs didn't like Ramsey and got rid of him. He thinks Campbell is great. He knows more about football than I do, so I'll accept the possibility that what I see with my eyes is an illusion, and he hasn't left the team with two fossils and a mediocre draftee that he threw away picks on and drafted too high. I'm sure Brunell will stay healthy this year, and I'm sure Campbell will be one of the best QBs in the NFL for the next 10 years.

It's a good thing they got rid of Ramsey.

You might have a point... if it hadn't been well documented on this site and others that Ramsey looked TERRIBLE in the past two training camps. Funny. I don't remember you worrying too much about that.

You might have a point... if it hadn't been well documented on this site and others that Ramsey looked TERRIBLE in the past two training camps. Funny. I don't remember you worrying too much about that.

Or the fact that Ramsey is so friggin good the best we could get anyone to offer for him was a 6th rounder.

I mean, if Gibbs is flat out wrong about Ramsey surely someone else in the ENTIRE NFL would see what AJ does.

Or are all the scouts and talent evaluators in the league also not very smart?

From what I have read, the system that Al Saunders uses has the QBs throwing before the WR's break to a particular spot. In looking at the "suspect" out where JC was so horrible, he threw to the same spot as the next few throws. The difference is that his receiver was slow out of the break and the others were not. Go back and look - he hit the same spot.

In fact, you heard the coach say that to the receiver. The he needed to get out of his break faster.

It has been well documented (by me) that Ramsey outperformed Brunell during real games under Gibbs by every statistical measure. What matters is that the coaches didn't like him, so they badmouthed him and trashed his reputation around the league, just like they did to Arrington.

The irony is that he is known for his accuracy. Look, like no quarterback has thrown a bad pass. Brunnell spent his first year throwing nothing but bad passes.

The mistake people continually make is thinking completion percentage is the ultimate measure of accuracy. You can have a very high completion percentage if you throw a lot of short passes.

He threw dumpoffs, and a lot of them were floaters that some CB is going to step in front of in the NFL.
Why do you continue to make **** up?

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2004&div=4&rpt=IA_playerpasseff&site=org

Jason Campbell averaged 10 yards per attempt, 2nd in the country. So if he threw lots of dumpoffs, when he threw downfield he must have been deadly accurate and got big chunks of yardage.

EDIT: Found this bit of research from earlier regarding Campbell and dumpoff passes. In 2004, he had 30 completions of 25 yards or over and 10 completions of 40 yards or more. One then might think the bulk of these completions came against powderpuff opponents. This is also false. Just against Tennessee and VaTech Campbell had 12 completions over 25 yards and 5 completions over 40 yards. Campbell was able to both complete a high percentage of his passes and able to stretch the field vertically against both lesser competition and in the big games.

You sound like those that say Art Monk did nothing but catch 8 yard hooks when his career YPC is higher than Marvin Harrison's.

I'm a pretty tolerant guy, but your trolling with outright lies or willful ignorance is insufferable. I'm all for dissenting opinion, but if that opinion isn't even slightly grounded in fact, it's about as useful as arguing over which color is the best.

The mistake people continually make is thinking completion percentage is the ultimate measure of accuracy. You can have a very high completion percentage if you throw a lot of short passes.

Honestly, AJ, do you even read the responses anymore, or do you just keep throwin' stuff against the wall hoping maybe someday something will stick?

It has been well documented (by me) that Ramsey outperformed Brunell during real games under Gibbs by every statistical measure. What matters is that the coaches didn't like him, so they badmouthed him and trashed his reputation around the league, just like they did to Arrington.

Brunell's stats looked pretty good to me last year. And oh yeah, he won ten games. Sometimes, a lot of the time actually, managing the game is better than throwing for 300 yards.

And please provide one example of the coaches badmouthing Ramsey -- just one. Did you go to training camp last year? There were days when Ramsey couldn't complete a frickin' pass. Not once did you a peep from Gibbs or anyone else about it. Same goes for his horrendous preseason. Did Gibbs have issues with Ramsey the player? Of course. And one could argue he didn't give him the fairest of shakes -- I disagree, but one could argue. But Gibbs has never badmouthed him or trashed his rep. That's nonsense.

Hey, I'm not the one who made the comments in the first place. I find it funny that I make two posts and it's the whole focus.

Because you have the skillz to take a thread, and immediatly threadfart all over it. The Ramsey thing has been hashed to death. He's gone, deal with it.

Really, I think it is silly to immediatly be down about Campbell, when you really have no idea what they are working on in those videos. What is important is for the coaching staff to know what he's working on and what his progress is.

Meanwhile, I'm going back to sleep. Wake me when training camp starts.

Jason

AJ--I find it funny that I make two posts and it's the whole focus.

I can offer some clarity for newer readers. It's not that funny, in the "I don't get it way" AJ, but it sure is in the "I'm AJ" sort of way :laugh:

I bet you were that kid that kept hitting the fence the dog was behind with a stick every day and yelling at him when he'd bark back at you.

You see, gentle readers, it's like the difference in reaction to hiccups when you only have them very briefly with long periods of time in-between, versus having them for long periods of times with only all-too-brief periods of remission. When you even just get the first one you go, "oh, no!" :laugh:

AJ, your never-ending talent for twisting various items up into a deformed lump of distortions and doing it sooooo tirelessly for soooooo long, is what draws such amazed responses. You pretend to be surprised at the reactions you evoke (one of your common disingenuous behaviors on this site) when you know these reactions always come your way in volume. So why do keep displaying that face of your "issues"? That's just one of your masks that has openly been pulled here more than once. Catch up. :)

You mix just enough disjointed, but generally acceptable, morsels of perception that people of varying opnion can relate to, but then you mind-scramble those normal ingredients, adding your personal bizarre manipulations and psilosybic visions, until your finished product is actually a brain-paste gruel of no nutritional value that actually damages the immune system once ingested. Did that help you understand?

I'm not trying to make you change how you post, I just like answering your questions. :)

Maybe it's just a case of me being ahead of the curve, and others not being able to keep up. It's been at least a couple of months since I posted on this issue. All I did was suggest that if Campbell is not as advertised, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to get rid of Ramsey when he was under contract. I think that's a perfectly reasonable viewpoint for anyone who follows this team, or football in general, to hold. I wouldn't be surprised to see some commentators raise that question this season if things don't go well.

Maybe it's just a case of me being ahead of the curve, and others not being able to keep up. It's been at least a couple of months since I posted on this issue. All I did was suggest that if Campbell is not as advertised, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to get rid of Ramsey when he was under contract. I think that's a perfectly reasonable viewpoint for anyone who follows this team, or football in general, to hold. I wouldn't be surprised to see some commentators raise that question this season if things don't go well.

Disingenuous is like all you really do anymore. "What, me?. I was just..." :laugh:

Well, you're always putting that "ahead of the curve and others can't keep up" thing out there, and it is an alternative explantion. But you were only 138 on the internets test. :laugh:

Disingenuous is like all you really do anymore. "What, me?. I was just..." :laugh:

Well, you're always putting that "ahead of the curve and others can't keep up" thing out there, and it is an alternative explantion. But you were only 138 on the internets test. :laugh:

What should be obvious is that I don't feel the need to argue this in depth anymore, now that it's a settled issue. I see no reason why I shouldn't succinctly state my opinion, though.

What should be obvious is that I don't feel the need to argue this in depth anymore, now that it's a settled issue. I see no reason why I shouldn't succinctly state my opinion, though.

You had me at "I see no reason."

Cooley kinda looks like a young Riggins standing there with the fro.

Far as Campbell..lol I wouldn't be concerned... If Gibbs says he can make all the throws..and he's accurate and can move well... I'll wait til training camp or better yet..Pre-Season to see how he fairs.

Archived