Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell/Cooley OTA Video (Merged)

CPstretch

you guys gotta check out the OTA video labeled "Lloyd" on redskins.com. they show cooley and his hair is insane.

the video labeled WR is very good too, get to see lloyd make a nice catch and see campbell make a few throws. brunell looked very on point on his throws.

That hair is out of control. I thought Campbell looked terrible in that video. his passes were either short, too far ahead of, or behind the receiver. In fact, that videos makes me nervous for his development, but i was encouraged that Collins could step in if needed. lloyd's finger-tip catch was SICK! we stole this guy.

I wouldn't take too much out of the OTA videos just because it is just a short glimpse of the entire practice. Even though Collins looked good in the video, for all we know he could have had a bad practice overall.

NOone should be freaking out because of something they saw in a clip from the OTA's but hey it is the offseason.

And yea Cooley is now sporting a fro. Can't wait to see what his dew is like once the season actually starts. I also thought it was cool that him and Fauria were hanging out on the sidelines.

I was just on Reskins.com watching OTA’s:Receivers video. During the video I noticed a couple of missed balls and one thrown well behind the receiver in what seems to be a simple drill. So I went back to the start and took it frame by frame to see the QB in each of those play’s, in each case it was Jason. On one play the only thing good Larry could say about Jason’s pass was what a tight spiral. Not the end of the world but Jason at this point should not be having this much trouble with a receiver drill and really should not be the one QB at the back of the pack performance wise. Just a small snap shot, hope he was just not warmed up or something simple like that.

Don't make mountains out of molehills. He is going to be fine. They were only throwing outs in that drill no deep touch balls, crossing routes, etc. BTW he isn't going to start unless Brunell gets injured. He is playing for the number 2 spot and I feel confident he will win it by the end of preseason.

I actually previously commented on the same thing in another thread. I agree that it is quite concerning, as he seemed to have no rythm or timing. One bright spot for me was that Collins looked solid and in my estimation could step in and be a very serviceable backup. I hope Campbell will work hard to develop. :(

Edit: Campbell does look very athletic and mobile. His footwork looks excellent and precise.

Its a huge conspiracy. Gibbs is getting campbell to play bad so other teams dont worry about him, then when he comes off the bench nobody will be expecting anything.

:doh:

Then again Lloyd bobbled a pass and usually ran out of bounds after a catch.

He was probably watching the running backs practice and laughed because CP was carrying the ball in his shorts which made him underthrow. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: No way is there a 2 page thread about a bad throw in an OTA. Go to any training camp practice and watch how many bad passes every QB throws. It's called being a human. Dont make these guys out to be immortal. Big deal he threw a ball behind a receiver in a stupid drill. When he does it in a big game, then you worry. I've heard it all now...:rotflmao:

Perhaps some of you who have started turning your hair grey over Campbell's inability to "throw a simple out pattern" should spend as much time watching his play during his last season in the college ranks...because there's no way you can tell me that making throws during a live college game, especially the bowl games, is easier than throwing out patterns during OTA's.

Archived