Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is Marcus Washingtons year!

DWinzit

This year is ripe to be Marcus Washingtons year. Even when not on the field, Lavar has overshadowed Marcus. LA was the media darling coming out of college, already overhyped. With the LA distraction gone, the media will see how special this guy is. When I bring his name up in Albany NY, everyone asks "Who?" By the mid point of this season, they are gong to say "where did he come from?"

Marcus has stepped up as a true team leader on and off the field. He is just as versatile as LA, but he knows and holds to assignments.

I predict Pro Bowl bound through 2010 easily!!!:thumbsup:

Marcus Washington is the most important player on our team. :helmet:

Actually, I would have to say that Mark Brunnell is ...

Our season can either be triumphant or a potential disaster depending on his strength, stamina, and conditioning. QB is the most significant position on any team.

Marcus Washington embodies the heart and soul of the defense. His emotion, skill, talent, and desire/passion are everything you want in all of your players. If MW gets injured I think we are still very competitive, and if MW has a probowl year I think we do well. If Brunell gets injured we will have some significant growing pains with Campbell and may or may not make the playoffs (would also depend on the timing of Brunell's injury and the seriousness of it, etc ...). If Brunell has a probowl year, our chances for the SB are extremely high.

Actually, I would have to say that Mark Brunnell is ...

Our season can either be triumphant or a potential disaster depending on his strength, stamina, and conditioning. QB is the most significant position on any team.

Marcus Washington embodies the heart and soul of the defense. His emotion, skill, talent, and desire/passion are everything you want in all of your players. If MW gets injured I think we are still very competitive, and if MW has a probowl year I think we do well. If Brunell gets injured we will have some significant growing pains with Campbell and may or may not make the playoffs (would also depend on the timing of Brunell's injury and the seriousness of it, etc ...). If Brunell has a probowl year, our chances for the SB are extremely high.

QB is the most imprtant position, but Brunell is NOT our most important player. With the addition of Collins, I am confident that Campbell will learn quickly and if he doesn't Collins will be an adequate knowledgeable replacement. With the weapons we've installed in the offense, a smart controlled passer can be very effective. Washington, however, can be replaced by nobody on the roster. In fact, there's nobody even close. Marshall? McIntosh? If you watch game footage from last year it's apparent that Washington IS the defense. While I love GW, I don't think even he would be able to scheme away the holes that would be left by a Washington injury.

If I were to pick the most valueable piece on the defense I would have to go with Cornelius Griffin. When he has been out, we have had problems stuffing the run and not giving up too much in the pass. We had our biggest losing streak last year with him out of the lineup. He is much more quiet than MW, but I think that we lose more with him out of the lineup.

If I were to pick the most valueable piece on the defense I would have to go with Cornelius Griffin. When he has been out, we have had problems stuffing the run and not giving up too much in the pass. We had our biggest losing streak last year with him out of the lineup. He is much more quiet than MW, but I think that we lose more with him out of the lineup.

I've actually argued the same point on this website. But recently I have been watching our games from last season and while I think Griffin is of ultimate importance to our success(reason for drafting two DT's) Washington is our Ray Lewis. He makes it all work on and off the field, but most importantly he ALWAYS makes the big play when we need it.

Marcus is definitely that beast, he showed he has what it takes to be the dominant line backer last 2 years for us, However I would like to list the importance for our team from my point of view in this order (2 names in the same slot mean thier importance is equal)

1. Cornelius Griffin, Marcus Washington

2. Clinton Portis, Mark Brunell

3. Sean Taylor, Shawn Springs

4. The O-line

IMO Sean Taylor is the most important player on defense for us. Do you guys remember what happened the first time we faced the Bucs without Taylor? 36 points and a breakout performance by Chris Simms. Taylor holds it down in the secondary.

IMO Sean Taylor is the most important player on defense for us. Do you guys remember what happened the first time we faced the Bucs without Taylor? 36 points and a breakout performance by Chris Simms. Taylor holds it down in the secondary.

he does indeed. however in he first bucs game we were also missing Griffin.

he does indeed. however in he first bucs game we were also missing Griffin.

true, but griffin also only played a down or two in the game at the giants when we got killed and tiki ran wild. that game quickly showed me how important he is to our run defense

Griffen & Springs are the key to our defense. Griffen requires two on him at all timse and still penetrates. Springs neutralizes their top receiver. Washington and ST are then able to become the big playmakers. Washington is going to have a huge season.

This year is ripe to be Marcus Washingtons year. Even when not on the field, Lavar has overshadowed Marcus. LA was the media darling coming out of college, already overhyped. With the LA distraction gone, the media will see how special this guy is. When I bring his name up in Albany NY, everyone asks "Who?" By the mid point of this season, they are gong to say "where did he come from?"

Marcus has stepped up as a true team leader on and off the field. He is just as versatile as LA, but he knows and holds to assignments.

I predict Pro Bowl bound through 2010 easily!!!:thumbsup:

I agree that Marcus is one of the top Sam LBs in the NFL, but GW's scheme is not meant to make people look like stars and pile up statistics. I think he will blitz more this year, but he is often confined by his assignments and the schemes. Even with all that talent he plays within the shceme, sacraficing personal glory, for the glory of the team, and that was precisely LA's problem. He can even lineup as a DE and put pressure on the QB. He is a versatile, gifted, athletic LB, with the heart of the lion, but I don't think his stats will necessarily improve with LA gone and if he does emerge out of the shadow of other LB's to become a perrenial pro bowler then he will have to do it on prime time and in the playoffs consitently. We all know that the pro bowl isn't much more than a popularity contest, and we all know how willing nonskins fans are to recognize our players.

Archived