Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is Marcus Washingtons year!

DWinzit

IMO Sean Taylor is the most important player on defense for us. Do you guys remember what happened the first time we faced the Bucs without Taylor? 36 points and a breakout performance by Chris Simms. Taylor holds it down in the secondary.

Uh, you realize BOTH Griffin and Salavea were injured that game. (Salavea started but left hurt, and our D subsequently collapsed.)

Don't get me wrong, Taylor is great insurance back there, but Griff is still our defensive MVP.

Griffen & Springs are the key to our defense. Griffen requires two on him at all timse and still penetrates. Springs neutralizes their top receiver. Washington and ST are then able to become the big playmakers. Washington is going to have a huge season.

I think GW is the key to our defense more than anything. He can take guys that are rejected elsewhere and make them into defensive studs. But yeah, Washington should have an excellent season.:cheers:

Not Marcus!

DeMarcus!

With all due respect to Mr.Washington, who's a very good player......... but this is Ware's breakout year. Dude went from playing at Troy St., to starting in the NFL and still had 8 sacks mostly on pure athleticism. Physically, most OT's cant handle him........ too quick:movefast:!!!! With the additions of Carpenter and Ayodele Dallas added 2 more pass-rushing LB's, Ware should benefit greatly (less double teams).

14205114462.jpg

Not Marcus!

DeMarcus!

With all due respect to Mr.Washington, who's a very good player......... but this is Ware's breakout year. Dude went from playing at Troy St., to starting in the NFL and still had 8 sacks mostly on pure athleticism. Physically, most OT's cant handle him........ too quick:movefast:!!!! With the additions of Carpenter and Ayodele Dallas added 2 more pass-rushing LB's, Ware should benefit greatly (less double teams).

Dude was a nonfactor in your 2 losses to the best team in the division last year.

He did get a sack against both the Giants and Eagles though so he may have success against those teams. Just don't expect it when you play this team.

It's already been Marcus Washington's year the past two years. He has been the best linebacker on this team. Hopefully he'll get the same (deserved) hype as LaVar.

Great point; beat me to it. He's performed at a pro-bowl level the past two seasons...hopefully this year he get's the recognition for it b/c a certain someone won't be hogging the spotlight, but he's done it the past two years for us already. Reports from camp are that he's already stepped up into his leadership role, and I predict he will be much more vocal this season, without having to tread lightly over a certain someone's gigantic ego.

If I were to pick the most valueable piece on the defense I would have to go with Cornelius Griffin. When he has been out, we have had problems stuffing the run and not giving up too much in the pass. We had our biggest losing streak last year with him out of the lineup. He is much more quiet than MW, but I think that we lose more with him out of the lineup.

I definitely agree...as with any great defense and great linebacker, there are always some great DTs who are the anchors. When Griffin & Big Joe play well, the Skins play well, period.

Uh, you realize BOTH Griffin and Salavea were injured that game. (Salavea started but left hurt, and our D subsequently collapsed.)

Don't get me wrong, Taylor is great insurance back there, but Griff is still our defensive MVP.

Actually, only Griffin was out for that game. Salave'a had the huge hit and forced fumble on Cadillac at the 5 yard-line, setting up an easy score Redskins score (and subsequent 2-pt conversion pass to Portis, tying the game at 21). One of the reasons we were able to stay in the game (despite horrid officiating). In fact, he was injured, but played through the injury b/c Griffin could not go. It may have been one of the most important things anyone did for our defense last season, and we should have won that Tampa game because of his efforts.

Not Marcus!

DeMarcus!

Hey you kinda ruined my thread with the picture of this lightweight pass rusher only. It is nice however to see Donovan at the bottom of the heap.

Marcus is a tackling machine who can cover RB's, TE and occassionally even a WR. He registers sacks, Int's, fumble's and recoveries. He covers the field.

Perhaps when DeMarcus grows up he can drop the De from in front of Marcus.

Archived