Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm 21, Finally!!!! (Asking 4 Alcohol/Bar Tips)

footballhenry

Ahh the beauty that is finally turning 21. The transition from drinking NightTrain and ThunderBird in the car before getting in line at the club to actually drinking what you want at the bar is a great one. Since you are new and plan to be at the club I'd say Redbull and Vodka's are a great way to start (energy is good). If you aren't a shot man it's hard to go wrong with a rum and coke (a drink less experienced drinkers can get down easily and in large amounts). If you want to go the fast route to hangoverland - take Rumple Minze shots.

Blue Label is a blended scotch. To pay that kind of coin for a blended scotch is just silly. JW marketing at its best. And there are few 21 YOs that have acquired a taste for scotch. Leave it alone.

Dont mix Cognac with soda. That is not how it is meant to be consumed. Not to mention it is a waste of money (drink Brandy with soda).

KB, I knew you were a little off, but geez.

Nothing too sweet and nothing too strong. Have cosmos or simple drinks like that. You will thank me in the long run. Now I dont drink Cosmos but, as a younger guy without the tolerance for other alcohols it might be your safest bet. Stay away from stuff that is too sweet or too heavy. I love a good carbomb, and can tolerate a good jagerbomb, but they are both very sweet and heavy.

Go light.

Sucking them off a girls belly is probably one of the only ways to make them less homosexual.

Question: If someone offers you jello shots do you

A: Say " hell no! Im not a homo."

B: take the shot but dont tell anyone.

C: take the shots and brag about how good they are.

also..... if your woman buys the jello shots for you and her to share... are you liable to such criticism.

( by the way. Dont buy jello shots. If you must have them, make them, its not hard. But do not buy them. You will never get drunk.)

Blue Label is a blended scotch. To pay that kind of coin for a blended scotch is just silly. JW marketing at its best. And there are few 21 YOs that have acquired a taste for scotch. Leave it alone.

My Uncle and Cousins are big Scotch drinkers, and they echo this sentiment.

KB, I knew you were a little off, but geez.

Nothing too sweet and nothing too strong. Have cosmos or simple drinks like that. You will thank me in the long run. Now I dont drink Cosmos but, as a younger guy without the tolerance for other alcohols it might be your safest bet.

Yo dog, I like you and all, but you can't make fun of KB for suggesting jello shots and then in the same breath tell dude to drink Cosmos!! Those are just as if not fruitier than jello shots! :laugh: A man should not drink something that is pink.

Are you looking for a crazy complicated drink, or just an old standby? When I'm not drinking beer I usually either have 7 & 7 or Whiskey & Coke.

Have a safe and happy 21st! :cheers:

Edit: Newcastle is great, and there's nothing really wrong with Rolling Rock, except that it doesn't have a whole lot of flavor. Drink Newcastle when you want to enjoy the beverage, and Rolling Rock when you want to drink a lot of it.

Ugh...Magic Hat is nasty. I would definitely advise against that, especially drinking in mass quantities.

It's one of those things that you either love or you hate.

EDIT: but it is still better than the ***** light beers people seem to drink all the time

In all seriousness, the "21 shot" thing really isn't wise. There's no real guarantee that one would survive a shock to the system like that, and it really doesn't have anything to do with each person or how much of a man anyone is. Them's just genes. It's also pretty bad if it's the first time you're really drinking that much (and if you're drinking anywhere close to 21 shots regularly in a sitting, there may be a problem). The other major factor is how much time you're doing it over.

If you're turning 21 and you're considering it, I'd say don't. It's really pretty stupid... just my opinion though.

I'm not one to lecture anyone - particularly on drinking habits - but the "21 shot" thing really is something to be avoided. I've taken friends to the hospital for alcohol poisoning before and it's not a fun experience for anyone.

Not to worry, no way would I even approach the 21 shot thing. I am actually pretty much a lightweight, doesnt take much for me. Thanks so far guys, great advice/info :notworthy

Not to worry, no way would I even approach the 21 shot thing. I am actually pretty much a lightweight, doesnt take much for me. Thanks so far guys, great advice/info :notworthy

No! you must do 21 shots. I did 21 and it was only my 19th birthday.

Tell these people recommending a cement mixer to go to hell. Why would you fellas want to do that to a guy about to enjoy his 21st b-day? Let him get good and drunk on stuff he likes. Don't direct him to the nastiest drink on the face of the earth.

And for those wondering:

Cement Mixer- Hold one shot of bailey's in your mouth, and take one shot of lime juice. Mix rapidly in mouth by shaking head vigorously, then consume.

(What they don't tell you is that the lime juice causes that Bailey's to curdle- while in your mouth, mind you- into the worst damn thing you'll ever drink.)

And for those wondering:

Cement Mixer- Hold one shot of bailey's in your mouth, and take one shot of lime juice. Mix rapidly in mouth by shaking head vigorously, then consume.

(What they don't tell you is that the lime juice causes that Bailey's to curdle- while in your mouth, mind you- into the worst damn thing you'll ever drink.)

Now I'm tempted to try that just once, to see what it's like.

Archived