Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is your biggest rival - outside of division?

Ontherise

It's kinda strange. All three of our division rivals are so hated, I really don't even bother to look outside our borders. Outside the division, though, its def. the Bucs. I guess they feel the same way towards us, too. Whenever I wear my Skins jersey out, I always get a few angry Bucs fans yelling at me about how our playoff win over them was BS. They never have an answer for "the 2-pointer that never was" though...

Just curious... There seems to be a lot of replies on the BUCS here. Why is that?

I agree with Bucs as the response...

...for reasons why???? hmmm let's see....

1. playoff game in Tampa Bay in '99 I believe...us kicking a field goal to win the game, and the great Turk Brothers screw it up, leaving Brad Johnson (then our QB) if I remember correctly scrambling around with a botched snap as time expires.

2. regular season game last year where Alstott did NOT get over the goal line yet was awarded 2 point conversion to put the Bucs ahead ending in our loss ...

3. playoff game last year, where we get revenge for the cheated game previously mentioned and beat them to go one to the second round....

4. Im sure there is more I am not thinking of LOL.

Definately the Bucs...how could it be anyone else. And a side note, why would anyone want to be a Ravens fan, a murderer is their best player

Interesting insight since you obviously were in ATL on the night in question. So please.....enlighten us all with exactly what you saw that night. Otherwise, your comment is dangerously close to libelous and could land you in a bit of trouble.

:2cents:

Oh yea - In response to the thread:

Since 99: TB, no question.

All Time : Raiders.....They are the only thing that keeps this franchise from being mentioned in the same breath as the all-time dynasties.......

And I still dare anyone to claim that if we played them 10 times in '83 that we wouldn't have won 8-9 of them......

I have intensley hated the bucs since Alstot scored like 3 TD's on us cause champ kept biting on a stupid play action. 3 times in one game they burned us with the same damn playaction/ bootleg right goaline play, Gruden was so smug. I hope his bottom lip swallows his face. Plus last season, on their NFL sponsored fan page they had this ridiculous video that depicted gibbs as a crazy stupid old man. It was classless and is indicitive of general idiocy rampant in Tampax Bay.

Also, B-more. Their fans have a complex. My old roomate was a ravens fan and he berrated me on a regular basis with chants of, "Proven winner, huh?" in gibbs 1st year back. Needless to say his toothbrush "accidentaly" got knocked into the toilet a few times. Last season he called me a few times to politely ask me to stop calling him when the skins won or the ravens lost. Revenge is better cold.

I kind of take some extra interest in trying to beat former coaches. That being the case, I like to be able to kick the Chargers, Bengals, and Raiders (last year only) butts when we face them. It stings a little more when they beat us.

I'll say Carolina cus I am from SC. the Carolina used to be Skins country then the Panthers came to be 10 years ago. But there are still real fans that didn't switch. I like Carolina now as my #2 team, but skins will always be #2 by a big margin

I've had a thing about the Bucs for over a decade.

I seem to recall way back when, at one time Norv and the Skins had won like their last 5 or 6 in a row against Dallas. And had lost their last 3 or 4 in a row to Tampa Bay. And that was back when they were still "The Sucks".

(For a while there, Norv could beat Dallas, but Dallas kept going to the playoffs anyway, while the Skins stayed home, because we kept losing against nobodys.)

For a while there, I was actually wondering about writing in to some NFL trivia expert: Has any team in NFL history ever made the playoffs after having a losing season against the Bucs?

-----

At least now they're a real team, though.

Archived