Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is your biggest rival - outside of division?

Ontherise

Outside of your division, who do you guys consider to be your biggest rival. Being from NC (and a Panthers fan) I'd have to say you guys because there are so many Redskin fans here (since a majority pulled for the Skins before the Panthers arrived). I can't wait for the match up between the Skins and Panthers this year!! I've already made plans to make the trip and attend this one. :cheers:

The 2pt conversion that wasnt. his elbow was down. GD u got me thinking about that again

Its more the field goal that one of the Turks botched during the '99 playoff game for me. In addition to that I think a lot of us dislike the bucs for the number of "mouthy" people that have been in their organization, such as Sapp, Keyshan, and Gruden.

Just curious... There seems to be a lot of replies on the BUCS here. Why is that?

Because we seem to play them every year (twice last year), and the games always come down to the last minute, and there always seem to be controversial calls involved with the outcome of the games we play against them.

Plus Simms was taunting our defense last year after the first game (where he remarked about how much time he had), and the second when he was gesturing with his hand towards a defender (forget who) while running out of bounds.

I think Gruden also comes across as an arrogant, ****y SOB. He may not be one but that's how he comes across to me.

Both of the last two replies do it for me. #1 was the playoff game in Tampa when Matt Turk rolled the snap to the holder. Good Lord that was pathetic. I know we could have beaten the Rams because we SHUT Them DOWN eariler in the season in their house and won the game. In my mind, the Tampa game cost Norv a Super Bowl appearance.

Then last season with the BS call at the end. Even if he WAS in the end zone, there is NO way the ref's could tell from their vantage point. To simply GUESS that he made it and raise your arms signaling a touchdown when we can't even decide if he was down or not from instant reply is MIND BOGGLING.

Then Simms running out of bounds and taunting our defense. He's going to get LAID out next time. Do you think our players don't remember that ****y smart ass doing that? He hasn't been around the league long enough to do that, and even if he was name me a great QB that would do that? I don't think Steve Young did, I know Joe Montana didn't, I know his father Phil wouldn't do something like that. The kid has an ego the side of his coaches and I just hate the Bucs more than any other team outside of our division. Excuse me while I go punch a Bucs fan.

Edit: Sorry I can't find any.

Definitely the Bucs, and it all started in '99. We've played them a lot since then it seems, too. I don't think we play the Panthers enough to be strong rivals, though it would be a good rivalry if we did play them more.

With the new scheduling, it's hard to have a good non-divisional rivalry. A team like the Panthers, who would make for a great regional rival, we could easily only end up playing them once every three years. But then a team like the Bucs, who we don't have much in common with geographically or historically (other than '99, which was only a big game for Skins fans), we will be playing them for the 4th time in 3 years this season.

I agree with the Bucs, no love lost there.

For the ranters about the botched snap--yes it sucked big time. And there was the no-call on pass interference on the play. But give the guy a break, Turk was dying of cancer. Let him rest in peace for goodness sake, no need to call the guy out.

I know we could have beaten the Rams because we SHUT Them DOWN eariler in the season in their house and won the game. In my mind, the Tampa game cost Norv a Super Bowl appearance.

This is not true. We beat the rams in St. Louis the following year. Jeff George was the QB who wasn't on our roster in 1999. Prime Time also caused a big fumble that changed the momentum of the game, and he wasn't on our team either. Plus we were coming off a bye week, the benefit of which we would not have if we were to play them in the 99 nfc championship game.

i like to see the panthers lose the most since im from NC. everyone will give a different answer probably depending on where they live and what teams their friends like. for example if i was from pittsburgh and my friends liked the steelers, id want the steelers to go 0-16 every year.

my 2nd-most-hated team would be the bucs.

Outside of your division, who do you guys consider to be your biggest rival. Being from NC (and a Panthers fan) I'd have to say you guys because there are so many Redskin fans here (since a majority pulled for the Skins before the Panthers arrived). I can't wait for the match up between the Skins and Panthers this year!! I've already made plans to make the trip and attend this one. :cheers:

im pretty sure we own you guys in the regular season. 6-1 or something like that. and we won't lose at fed ex. have a nice trip anyway though :)

Archived