Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LB : Who Will make the team ???

sitting bull

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Marcus, Marshall, and Rocky are givens I would say (unless Rocky really sucks in camp), since the first 2 have been starters and Rocky was our only 1st day draft pick.

Clemons, Campbell, and Holdman I think are bound to stay since they're veterans with some experience (as much as I'd love for Holdman to go, I think the coaches like him too much).

So which leaves spot 7 open, which I'm pulling to be taken by Spencer Havner, because I like what I've see from him and hope he gets a solid chance to someday start.

I only voted for four. Ouch. I think a couple of others might contribute on teams, but I sure as hell don't want to see them actually playing linebacker.

That tells you something about the depth on this team. Washington is an all-pro, and then it goes downhill fast. Same with the defensive backfield and the OL. Last year was remarkably injury-free. A couple of injuries this year could make the difference between the Superbowl and 6-10.

Good idea for a poll. The results are pretty interesting. My head says Holdman stays, but I'd like for Simon and/or Havner to beat him out. For some reason I dont see McCune making the roster. But I think he has as good a chance as Simon or Havner. I think Simon is really impressing and will make the team. Im surprised, well kind of, that Havner is 5th in the voting. The hype machine has certainly latched onto him. I think Campbell is almost a lock to make it because of his special teams play.

Kevin Simon

He's the most intriguing draft pick. Minus the injuries, he's clearly a first-day talent. I expect him to contribute immediately on teams. He's a boom-or-bust guy -- either he'll get injured and disappear, or he's a big-time draft steal.

Guest santana4prez

1.Washington - Starter at SLB

2.Marshall - Starter at MLB

3.McIntosh - Starter at WLB

4.Clemons - 3rd down LB , solid backup

5.McCune - Looks like a Beast , has potenial

6.Campbell - Great Special Teams player

7.Holdman - Brings solid depth to the LB corps

I say another 2 LBs will make the practice squad (Simon,Havner)

Interesting to read this b/c, after reading JimmieJo's take on the rookie mini-camp, it sounded like the only really impressive LBs were Simon and Nick McNeil, and MAYBE McIntosh.

I think the only LBs with a lock on even making the roster are Marshall and Washington. Everyone else seems like they will be in what GW is calling for in the 'dogfight.'

Guest santana4prez
Interesting to read this b/c, after reading JimmieJo's take on the rookie mini-camp, it sounded like the only really impressive LBs were Simon and Nick McNeil, and MAYBE McIntosh.

I think the only LBs with a lock on even making the roster are Marshall and Washington. Everyone else seems like they will be in what GW is calling for in the 'dogfight.'

I disagree because Rocky McIntosh is a lock. No way do the Skins release there 2nd round pick. Chris Clemons is also a lock.

Sorry, but there is no way Rocky is not a lock. Trading up for a guy and investing that much draft pick wise in him, he is on this team.

Taylor Jacobs was an early draft pick... would you consider him a lock?:D

Proves the point. For all he has not done, Jacobs has made the team three years in a row. McIntosh will still be here a year from now almost regardless. Only a serious injury could change that. You can't live forever on your college reputation/draft status, but it will certainly buy him a free pass this year.

Shocking that Havner got more votes than Campbell. Campbell was a priority resign this offseason and is a near lock as a top special teamer who is also a solid backup LB.

Just one week ago Havner went undrafted. Remember the Redskins took a LB in the 7th round and it wasn't Havner. Now suddenly he's a favorite to make the team?

I wish the kid the best, but he has a long way to go.

Warrick Holdman seems unlikely to me. There's no room on the Redskins for a backup LB who doesn't play special teams and has no potential to improve. Unless he wins the last starting job he can probably forget it.

Clemons has played well as a pass rushing LB but we don't know yet whether Lindsey considers him a complete LB. The signing of Andre Carter takes away some of the need for Clemons' pass rushing skills.

Some of the LBs can be cut and won't likely get signed by another team, e.g., Holdman. On the other hand, there seemed to be quite of bit of interest in Havner from other teams. He might not stick on the practice squad. But, if he can't beat out one of the other LBs than that's the risk the Skins will take. I'd like to see Havner and Simon make the team but I hate to see the other players go. Too bad the league doesn't allow larger rosters.

Archived