Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts of "The Brian Mitchell Show"?

@DCGoldPants

Sounds a little nervous. Not bad though. I'm glad we'll be getting three solid hours of Skins talk in the afternoons when the season approaches. Bram is def. helping to move the show along, adding some professionalism. Whosever idea it was to add him to the show knows his stuff. Also, great guests today. Eddie Jordan, Charlie Casserly, Jaws, and Rocky McIntosh.

It beats the living hell out of Dan Patrick.

I think with time and practice, he'll do fine. But, I'm bummed that the Sports Reporters have been moved to mornings! I can't listen to them online at work and I used to look forward to listening to them when I got home. :mad:

He's very nervous and will need time to get use to the radio environment (similar to TV) where time is critical and they will need to keep the show moving. Especially when callers go on and on trying to ask a simple question. Luckily Bram is there to keep it moving!

That's not saying much. Dan Patrick is terrible - I'm glad those dramatic pauses are gone!

Whoa, that is crazy. I have never met a Dan Patrick Hater . . .I like him.

As far as BmItch, I can't stand him. All I hear when I listen to his comments is a bitter, bitter man. I hate the fact that he makes a living and gets paid to put down the redskins. Maybe his show will be different, but I doubt it.

We don't need Czabe and that piece of crap riggins or Bmitch piling on. Its okay if King, Salisbury and the rest bash us, cause they don't have any connection, but home town guys need to really put a lid on it.

And yes, I loved riggins, even had the black and white poster of him dragging that Miami DB in my basement, my mom has saved the old riggos rangers t-shirts from back in the day, but that all changed after his gibbs comments.

Gortiz, I didn't listen t the whole show, but what I heard didn't sound like bashing. Mitchell was pretty darn positive from what I heard. He even said he was more excited for the Redskins than at any other time since his retirement.

In fact, he came across to me as a bit of a homer. Did he say something specific anti-Redskin that I missed?

But I don't have a problem with that. :)

And yes, I loved riggins, even had the black and white poster of him dragging that Miami DB in my basement, my mom has saved the old riggos rangers t-shirts from back in the day, but that all changed after his gibbs comments.

I never heard about that, what comments did he make on Gibbs.

The show went well today, I look foward to listening to it in the future.

Yeah, the show just ended.

He wasn't bashing at all.

I think Gortiz must have been listening to another show. I do believe they need to add a 3rd guy to the team.

Tell them my million per episode offer given Larry to carry his show is extended to WTEM. :).

yeah, somebody who knows basketball

No! If someone wants basketball let them listen to John Thompson for the 4 hours after Bmitch ends. 90% of their show is geared towards that topic. Let us have all the Skins radio we can.

Whoa, that is crazy. I have never met a Dan Patrick Hater . . .I like him.

[/i]

Have you ever heard his radio show? There is routinely 15 seconds or more of dead air. Just Dan Patrick breathing in to the microphone. Like we're suppossed to let whatever inane fact he just repeated for the 20th time sink in. It's nauseating.

As far as BmItch, I can't stand him. All I hear when I listen to his comments is a bitter, bitter man. I hate the fact that he makes a living and gets paid to put down the redskins. Maybe his show will be different, but I doubt it.

[/i]

Man you got your priorities all out of whack. BMitch doesn't hate the Redskins eventhough they cut him. He likes the skins more than any other team.

No! If someone wants basketball let them listen to John Thompson for the 4 hours after Bmitch ends. 90% of their show is geared towards that topic. Let us have all the Skins radio we can.

Four hours of John Thompson could get out of hand. I dont know what they're going to talk about. I mean 'Zards playoffs talk can only go on for so long.

What do you guys think for his 1st day so far? Is he doing alright? Bram providing enough support?

Thoughts?

I like Brian Mitchell, he's one of my favorite Redskin and I hope he does well. I know I'll be listening whenever I get a chance.

An aside, I remember back in the early Norv days when we were getting whooped - say week 10 and had nothing to play for. You could tell most players had given up on the season and played with no passion.

Not Brian! he would be talking smack, pushing, shoving and giving everything he had on every down, he was one of the only bright spots our team had for many, many years and I really appreciated that.

I think with time and practice, he'll do fine. But, I'm bummed that the Sports Reporters have been moved to mornings! I can't listen to them online at work and I used to look forward to listening to them when I got home. :mad:

I'll miss Sports Reporters a lot too. It will get even worse when I have to listen to J.T. ramble on about basketball during football season.

Here's what we'll get this September:

"I know it's football season but I have a special guest today. Blah blah was the assistant equipment manager for Red Aurbach. Let's here what he has to say about washing Bob Cousy's uniform."

I listened today and it seems very disorganized and Brian is very shaky. But anything beats Dead Air Dan Patrick.

Agreed about Patrick. I think B. Mitch will get adjusted and the show will run smoothly in the future though.

Archived