Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Day Two Draft Thread: Redskins draft talk here.

Art

I think we're looking for guys who have something interesting about their physical potential to mold. No one picked today will be on the active roster, so, look for people who have something special about their game the team can use to develop for a couple of years.

Guest santana4prez
DT?!!?!? We needed a DB more then we need DT help.

We have Griffin and Salavea and thats really it. DT was a top need.

A disruptive presence on the defensive line • enters his senior season poised to solidify his role as a dominant force on the defensive line • has all the tools to rank among the Big Ten’s elite tackles • an unselfish player who has dealt with double teams since his freshman season • doesn’t get his due for absorbing blockers and allowing linebackers to flow uninhibited to the ball • a great run-stopper who gets tremendous push off the line of scrimmage.

Wow. this just sounds like this guy should have been more scouted and probably picked high high 2nd-low 3rd. I like it.

Sorry, but a bust of a pick in Montgomery. His will be a backup at best in the NFL. We had a shot at Wright from Texas and Anderson from Alabama and farged it up. What is up with our picks. If Vinny is injecting his input and we are listening, we're quite dumb.

When you get this deep into the draft you have to look at measureables.... they were obviously looking at his size and thinking about how he could add depth to the D line and possibly the O line as well.... i would say it was a garbage pick... i mean they didnt just throw a dart at a board and pick someone...... they obviously saw something they liked in this guy..... depth depth is key for our success this year...

Please guys, forget about Dee Webb. I go to Florida. The guy has blazing speed, but cannot cover at all, and is not physical. He was also responsible for a gun being discharged through an apartment building last year. I am sure that Gibbs wanted no part of that.

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold
A disruptive presence on the defensive line • enters his senior season poised to solidify his role as a dominant force on the defensive line • has all the tools to rank among the Big Ten’s elite tackles • an unselfish player who has dealt with double teams since his freshman season • doesn’t get his due for absorbing blockers and allowing linebackers to flow uninhibited to the ball • a great run-stopper who gets tremendous push off the line of scrimmage.

Wow. this just sounds like this guy should have been more scouted and probably picked high high 2nd-low 3rd. I like it.

yea i really like hearing the 'unselfish' part.....seems like another character guy.

This sucks. We should have picked an offensive lineman instead of a defensive tackle!

Another shining example of the incompetency of the FO.

Who the heck is Anthony Montgomery?

We should have traded that pick and the 173rd pick to get Ryan O'Callaghan

Camp Fodder.

yeah, you clearly know more.

Anthony Montgomery/DT/Minnesota

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/anthonymontgomery.html

This guy looks like he could be a average at best defensive tackle. He will probally slowly be worked into the starting lineup if he gets in at all. I think he has a chance to make it as a starter by year 3 or 4 but he will have to work for it.

Overall, Good Pick though.

Lets see if we can get DeMario Minter/CB/Georgia or Jay McCareins/CB/Princeton.

Ease up man, you know he meant "3th." ;)

Wow! I'm sorry to cause such confusion... all I mean was 5th round selection! I didn't understand using a term like 5rd (wouldn't be understood as 5th round)

I thought this was a bunch of Redskins fans... The player in mention Ryan O'Callaghan / Cal (was quickly drafted by New England) and they've had a pretty good track record for drafting!

Get off my back!

Archived