Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins Melting Pot

Burgold

Do we want a fervent Christian at QB?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do we want a fervent Christian at QB?

• YES
    • NO

Now, I won't say that there aren't some posters whose views don't frustrate me, but every good stew needs spice. The great thing about football is that it is usually free from the issues from the outside. Race, politics, religion, social class all melt away and all fans are equal (though some get to see more games live and some, Stwastsm, get to meet far too many cheerleaders :mad:

The conservative/liberal threads as a good natured fight between brothers. Eventually, we all want to do what is best for the family. Even the religion threads as hot as they get haven't spoiled the stew.

Still, the great thing about Extremeskins is that even though the tailgate can rowdy. It is the ultimate proof that America still works, that different ideals, even radically different ideas can coexist and occassionally even find occassional agreement.

Agreed Burgold. The opportunity to exchange ideas with folks literally anywhere on the globe is truly one of the greatest things about the net. It gives all of us, even the loonies, a chance to exchange ideas with others. And as you Mission Hill fans know, it takes all kinds to make fruitcup!

Well said, Burgold. As a black man, it frustrates me to see race having to enter everything. This site has given me an opportunity to just speak my mind, meet new friends and just have fun. I've always felt very welcomed here and I've made lots of good friends. Consider yourself added to that category.

I second that!..... I mean.... Love Ya Huly! :paranoid:

Pez, yes you go home to prime rib every night. But, every now and then, ya gotta go out for hot dogs! Pez, I know I owe you, so we might be able to work something, er, uh, they don't hold a candle to Huly!!!!!!!

Back to topic. I don't even think it's the anonymous nature of a website. It probably helps that only words can be judged. Though lord knows it would be nice if there was a device more accurate than smilies to convey tone sometimes. A good stew needs to have that mix of flavors, textures, and ingredients. S****sm makes a good point. Race doesn't often play a part here. After a time, we know each others religions, race, and viewpoints (well actually, some are villified because of their viewpoints by a small group of posters) and it really doesn't play too big a role in how you are treated. It's probably because in the end, we all can unite against a common evil or more importantly unite for a single cause.

Back to topic. I don't even think it's the anonymous nature of a website. It probably helps that only words can be judged. Though lord knows it would be nice if there was a device more accurate than smilies to convey tone sometimes. A good stew needs to have that mix of flavors, textures, and flavors. S****sm makes a good point. Race doesn't often play a part here. After a time, we know each others religions, race, and viewpoints and it really doesn't play too big a role in how you are treated. It's probably because in the end, we all can unite against a common evil or more importantly unite for a single cause.

You mean like the cowboys?;) Just playing, you bring up a lot of good points. I'm really enjoying this thread, I really feel the love:)

Pez, yes you go home to prime rib every night. But, every now and then, ya gotta go out for hot dogs! Pez, I know I owe you, so we might be able to work something, er, uh, they don't hold a candle to Huly!!!!!!!

Stewy & Pez ... I'm gonna laugh when Huly breaks out all this on you guys ... :redpunch: :kungfu: :stick: :whip: :nutkick: :whippin:

This is all true, and I agree, very very cool...but if you really love freedom and differing opinions, remember that in the tailgate, just like elsewhere, there are a few who may see themselves as the eiptome of the red-white-&-blue...but would be among the first to substitute iron-handed, close-minded control in place of many of the freedoms we enjoy now if they were in charge. I'm sure most of you can think of a couple of spectacular examples.

Still, call me an optimist, I believe the vast majority of folks can handle and support even strong differences of thought without activating their "issues" :D

And, jeeez I can't believe I missed that hysterical AJ thread before it got closed :laugh:

This is all true, and I agree, very very cool...but if you really love freedom and differing opinions, remember that in the tailgate, just like elsewhere, there are a few who may see themselves as the eiptome of the red-white-&-blue...but would be among the first to substitute iron-handed, close-minded control in place of many of the freedoms we enjoy now if they were in charge. I'm sure most of you can think of a couple of spectacular examples.

QUOTE]

Strange, this isn't how I saw you at all. Thanks for the warning.

BTW, your Jet Li/Redskins thread was one of my all time favorites. That was a blast.

QUOTE]

Strange, this isn't how I saw you at all. Thanks for the warning.

BTW, your Jet Li/Redskins thread was one of my all time favorites. That was a blast.

Interesting response :) .

I had fun with that Jet-Li thread, too.

And btw, from your comment I get the sense that you probably are now "seeing" something very incomplete. Whatever your previous concept was, it may still be fairly accurate, but that's your call, amigo (I'm not hispanic, either, but I like that word.)

Archived