Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Would You rather take John Hall or this Guy?

mo9763

Australian Rules football is the place to get them. They kick the ball constantly in the game. I don't know if he's still playing, but San Diego used to have one from Aussie rules. There was an NFL films thing on him. An added bonus, those guys can hit too. No worries about a "kicker" wussing out on the touchdown saving tackle...

Darren Bennett I believe...

i dount the commercial was a fake ... just like the Tiger Woods commercial... pro athletes are pro because they can do amazing things. and i do believe that maybe the NFL should scout out some soccer players. having grown up with soccer being a big thing in my home i can say that soccer players are tougher than given credit and they are great place kickers. i have a friend who played at a lil local college here. he played soccer from the time he could walk and played footbal in college. i have seen him CONSISTENTLY hit 50 yarders. i am still trying to talk him into trying out for a pro team but for some reason he isnt interested. granted he has a good job but still?

One day soon the NFL will finally wake up to the fact that the best punters in the world come from australia,ie, Darren Bennett (chargers and vikings) and the jets current punter is also an australian: Bennett played with Melbourne in the Australian Football League and the Jets current punter played with Geelong in the same league, as for place kickers we have the National Rugby League and Super 14s Competition (Union) if the skins want a great punter have a look at the AFL games and if we need a great Place Kicker watch the NRL or super 14s games, I have seen a place kicker kick a ball 51 yards for a goal, and we have punters who can consistently punt the ball, which is bigger and heavier than an NFL ball longer than 50 yards. So skins send down the scouts and lets get some aussies in burgandy and gold

Hail all things redskins:especially aussies

The ad is fake. Assuming some guy could kick the ball and hit the crossbar every time, he'd still need to place it properly on the crossbar so that it rebounded directly to him. That means placing the ball within a few square centimeters every time from 20 yards away. It's kind of like sinking every free throw from the wrong free throw line.

Remember Tony Meola for the Jets?

Ben Graham (the Jets punter last season) was a 43 year old rookie who played Austalian rules football, I believe.

The ad is fake. Assuming some guy could kick the ball and hit the crossbar every time, he'd still need to place it properly on the crossbar so that it rebounded directly to him. That means placing the ball within a few square centimeters every time from 20 yards away. It's kind of like sinking every free throw from the wrong free throw line.

You make it seem more complicated than it is. If the goal is directly in front of you and you hit a relatively straight shot it will come back to you (or, atleast, enough in your vicinity to be able to grab it). It's like kicking a ball against a wall so that it comes back to you... anyone can do that. The hard part in this case is hitting the ball square on the goalpost (not hitting the corners or missing above or below). If Ronaldinho keeps up what he's doing now, he could become Pele-esque... in which case NO ONE should doubt this video.

ronaldinho is the best player in the world with Lebron money in endorsements and Arod money... so no he would never place kick....

however aussie rules football is where its at for punters, its a main aspect of their game and they do it on the run, with people about to tackle them and on "free kicks" Perfect fit in my opinion

Ronaldino's trick was real. It just took quite a few takes for them to get to the point where he hit the cross bar a few times in a row.

Tiger Woods commercial was real and that wasn't even what was planned for that commercial. Tiger was just screwing around between takes and the director said screw it let's shoot that.

As for the comment that if Ronaldino could do that it would be equivalent to a golfer hitting every shot from 100 yards within 3 feet, well I hate to break it to you but just about every pro golfer would be able to do that at the range. It's the variable within a tournament that make it difficult to do during a tournament which separates the top 10 in the world from #110...

Archived