Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suprise teams for next year?

Sherlock Holmes

These are my suprise packages for next season:

NFC: Cards.

Ive always had a soft spot for the cardinals. Maybe its because they dont have a fanbase.....

Anyways, i think that this year is going to be the year that they come up strong. With the addition of James to give them a Strong Running attack they are my suprise package. Maybe even they will make the playoffs.

AFC: Phins.

I've always liked Daunte, and i think that towards the end of last year they started to get a bit of rythm going....maybe they can keep it up this year.....

Your thoughts and predictions please.

Well everyone is picking the dolphins. I'm going against the grain and I'll predict they have a losing season. Their winning streak last year was against sub par and playoff-bound teams, and they didn't have ANY impressive wins. I think the Bears will fall hard in the NFC, too. I won't be surprised in the least to see them at .500.

As for my surprise picks?

NFC: NO Saints will surprise the hell out of people. (Saints? That's right, I said it. :cool: )

AFC: Cleveland Browns are a wild card team. :2cents:

Ive always had a soft spot for the cardinals. Maybe its because they dont have a fanbase.....

Anyways, i think that this year is going to be the year that they come up strong. With the addition of James to give them a Strong Running attack they are my suprise package. Maybe even they will make the playoffs.

I've always liked Daunte, and i think that towards the end of last year they started to get a bit of rythm going....maybe they can keep it up this year.....

the cards? i doubt it. arizona is where RB's carreers go to die. sadly for edge his best days were spent in indy. i cant even remember a time when the cards were good so it is hard to envision them doing anything noteworthy. other than stinking up the joint that is.

saints could go far with a good quarterback like Brees and a running back in Deuce. they could go the distance depending on how they use that #2 pick. i heard they're going after mario williams- but dont they always draft a de? i would go after a lb maybe, such as AJ Hawk

Absolutely the Texans...they're going to be much improved.

I think Detroit is gonna be a team that's going to suprise people. They've been snatching up a lot of talent in the draft for the past 4 years and it's about time it caught up with them.

Saints and Browns.

Saints finally have a decent QB who can manage a game. They already have a great RB, and their defensive line is solid. Love their DEs.

Browns: second year under a good coach, and good FA signings.

:applause:

It'd be difficult for the Texans NOT to be better this season, but they have to show me something first.

I expect the Brownies to surprise a few people this year.

Nothing will or even can happen with the Cards until Bidwell is dead

LOL at the Texans.

David Carr is junk. They'll be cleaning toilets in the AFC until he moves on. :2cents:

And don't anyone DARE tell me it's all the oline's fault.

Heh, this year will tell you something for anyone that isnt sure on what position to take on the Texans. This will show us for 100 percent sure that David Carr sucks. If with Moulds and Reggie Bush on his side of the field he still can not get anything done, people will have to admit he is a bust and needs to be benched.

For those mentioning the dolphins as their "suprise team" for the upcoming season, i hope you do realize that experts are predicting that they will make the playoffs and some think that they will unseat the Pats as division champs.

They are not a true "suprise" pick.

My suprise team is unfortunately the Baltimore Ravens.

They will sign McNair and their offensive will start to click right away w/ the McNair to Mason combo. Plus Mark Clayton is already solid. Their D, we all know, is elite. They will be a wild card team this upcoming year, against all odds.

I am telling you right now, the Texans will surprise everyone. Mark my words friends, the texans will make the playoffs. :D:cool:

You wanna put money on that :laugh: ?

Reasons why the Texans will be a playoff team:

1. They will mysteriously get really great at pass protection

2. They will learn how to run block just b/c they will likely have Reggie Bush. Remember, teams don't need a good offensive line to be successful.

3. They will not be outscored in virtually every category by there opposing teams. *see NFL.com

4. Their offensive linemen will ask their opposition to quote, "cut me some slack and stop sacking my quarterback so much." :doh:

Houston Texans a playoff team next year would certainly be a surprise. Good luck with your prediction :cheers: .

HTTR!

For those mentioning the dolphins as their "suprise team" for the upcoming season, i hope you do realize that experts are predicting that they will make the playoffs and some think that they will unseat the Pats as division champs.

They are not a true "suprise" pick.

My suprise team is unfortunately the Baltimore Ravens.

They will sign McNair and their offensive will start to click right away w/ the McNair to Mason combo. Plus Mark Clayton is already solid. Their D, we all know, is elite. They will be a wild card team this upcoming year, against all odds.

I guess that's make me a fotball expert. :silly:

You wanna put money on that :laugh: ?

Reasons why the Texans will be a playoff team:

1. They will mysteriously get really great at pass protection

2. They will learn how to run block just b/c they will likely have Reggie Bush. Remember, teams don't need a good offensive line to be successful.

3. They will not be outscored in virtually every category by there opposing teams. *see NFL.com

4. Their offensive linemen will ask their opposition to quote, "cut me some slack and stop sacking my quarterback so much." :doh:

Houston Texans a playoff team next year would certainly be a surprise. Good luck with your prediction :cheers: .

HTTR!

Heh, I was not serious. As I said in a post right after that, this will be the year to end the excuses for Carr. If he can not produce with Moulds and Reggie Bush. :)

I don't think those are real surprises, because they're what I would've chosen. I'm gonna say the Lions. Not much reason other than Kitna and Martz.

I am telling you right now, the Texans will surprise everyone. Mark my words friends, the texans will make the playoffs. :D:cool:

Why will the Texans be much better? All i know is they got Moulds, who's not bad, and they'll probably get Reggie Bush, who might be good. They'll be a lot better if they get Javon Walker, but I don't think they'll make the playoffs. I don't know what you guys consider to be a surprise though.

How many consecutive years did a rookie RB run for 1,500 yards under Kubiak (I know all of you can name one of them really easily)?

Trust me, the man will turn around the O-Line in Houston, and Bush will go close to 2,000 yards, if not this season, then next.

How many consecutive years did a rookie RB run for 1,500 yards under Kubiak (I know all of you can name one of them really easily)?

Trust me, the man will turn around the O-Line in Houston, and Bush will go close to 2,000 yards, if not this season, then next.

his offense, not his blocking schemes or offensive line coaching

that was all Alex Gibbs, now with ATL

I'm not really sure who will be the surprise team in the AFC. If I HAD to guess I would say the Raiders now that they've got someone to put the ball downfield(assuming Moss can stay healthy for once). But to say that the Cards will be the surprise team in the NFC doesn't make sense to me. The only thing they were missing was a run game last season, already having the #1 passing attack in the NFL. I can't imagine it would be that big of a surprise for them to be good this season having added Edge to their backfield. My surprise team is going to be the Lions. I think with a veteran guy like Kitna leading them, and with a defense that wasn't THAT bad last season, they could at the very least make a run for a wild-card spot this season.

Archived