Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suprise teams for next year?

Sherlock Holmes

NFC- Arizona Cardinals... If Kurt Warner can stay healthy they have a shot. They have two excellent young receivers , one of the best running backs in the league. A defense that is pretty solid Seattle better watch out..

AFC- Kansas City Chiefs going against the norm the consensus seems to be the Dolphins it as well could be but, I'm saying KC..

NFC Cards

Not because thats where i live and its a home town thing i say cause with the new stadium bidwell has obligations to fill to arizona tax payers thats why he actually spent mony on players this year. New stadium new Era Cards are a Suprise team this year and not that there division is verry tough we might see them in the playoffs

AFC the Browns

Looken good in f/a like the skins made wise picks.

This may be a crazy pick but I like the Detroit Lions. The NFC North is the worst division in the NFL and even a mediocre team can look great up there ('06 Bears).

All the news coming out of Detroit has been bad which sounds like there is a shakedown. Marinelli is a no nonsense coach and he has talent to work with. With a relatively easy schedule the Lions might just take that division. They may still be a year out though.

AFC- Browns

I think Charlie Frye will have a breakout year. He really showed some tallent last year, and they have given him a stronger line and a good wide reciever to help him out. Also given their high draft picks, i think he will have all teh weapons at his disposal to have a great year. The only problem here with them making the playoffs is the fact that they face the Steelers and the Bengals twice.

NFC- Saints

The saints have two good recievers in Joe Horn and Daunte Stallworth, a great running game in Duece McCallister, and they will wil their hole at Center with Nick Mangold with the 34 pick. now that they have a good QB in Drew Brees i expect them to contend for a wild card spot. I think the Panthers will take the division though.

The two popular picks are the cards and the dolphins. However, I think both of those teams have a couple of large holes that, like last year, will make the sportswriters look bad. The dolphins need an established running back. They also need a good passing attack, and Culpepper is coming off a horid season, and one with a serious injury. Its far from a certain think that the phins can make the playoffs. That being said, their biggest strength is Saban. People tend to underestimate the affect coaching has on teams, whether they come out of no where, or whether they tank with a lot of talent. I predict, since they will be playing in a decent division, they will not make the playoffs, though they will contend for it.

The Cards on the other hand only have Dennis Green, and while they did add an established back, they lack on defense, and their Oline. Two areas that a team needs to be strong in. They will benefit however, from a weak division, will challenge for a playoff spot, but will not make the playoffs.

My Surprise picks: Jets, and Detroit.

The jets have the tools. A good defense in the past several years, a good RB, and had had a good coach. They lost their coach unfortunately, and their QB situation has been a little difficult to say the least. I think this year though the aberation that was last year goes away, they get back to their good defense + strong running game, and their QB play picks up. I see the Pats dropping off a little and Miami not picking up the slack, leaving a hole for the Jets to fill in the playoff race.

Detroit on paper is a good team. Detroits problem has been a horrible front office, and talent just not developing. With harrington gone and a couple vets to compete at QB, QB play will be improved this year. Detroit has a good enough running game, and a talented receiving core. Most importantly though they have a good defense, and they added Martz as OC. That will make the difference. Expect to see Minnesota tank badly, and Detroit take that spot as the playoff contender surprise.

What do you base your opinion on? Did the Texans sign a new offensive line this offseason? Did they trade their entire defense for the Bears D? I don't see the Texans having a snowballs chance in you know where of making the playoffs. You're saying that they'll crack the playoffs over one of these teams?:

Steelers

Bengals

Broncos

Chiefs

Chargers

Colts

Patriots

Dolphins

Jags

the dude was joking and im sure if the texans make the right personell moves they could get in over the chiefs or the chargers who will both suck next season, trust me

If the Saints Draft A.J Hawk I got them going to the playoffs. Only if they Draft A.J Hawk though.

Quarterback: Drew Brees

Half-Back: Duece MCallister

Fullback: Mike Kerney

Wide Reciever: Joe Horn

Wide Reciever: Donte Stallworth

Tight End: Zachary Hilton

Guard: Kendyl Jacox

Tackle: Wayne Gandy

Center: "Needs filling"

Tackle: Jamal Brown

Guard: Montrae Holland

Linebacker: Terrence Milton

Linebacker: A.J Hawk

Linebacker: Colby Bockwoldt

Safety: Josh Bullocks

Safety: Dwight Smith

Cornerback: Mike McKenzie

Cornerback: Fred Thomas

Defensive End:Will Smith

Defensive Tackle: Brian Young

Defensive Tackle: Willie Whitehead

Defensive End: Darren Howard

I mean, they not gonna be great. But they could be good and suprise alot of people.

NFC: Noone- I don't there will be suprise teams this year. I don't trust the Cards, they let me down last year- had them winning the AFC WEST. Ain't falling for that again.

AFC: Cleveland- Browns have made some good moves, Oakland- Art Shell is good coach. Maybe not great but good. He'll have them ready.

If the Saints Draft A.J Hawk I got them going to the playoffs. Only if they Draft A.J Hawk though.

When was the last time a rookie was responsible for taking a perennial loser into the playoffs?

Much less a linebacker?

I don't disagree with your pick (the Saints), but I think your reasoning is flawed. :2cents:

i would say the cards for my nfc surprise but the need an O Line.. thats where it all starts.. those backs last year had NOOOO chance.. (shipp i believe was one) there set up with backs and recievers.... but no O line = No chance im going with the Saints and the Phins

um, can we pick surprise busts?

cause i think the browns are going to continue to suck...just like when everyone predicted the vikings were going to be a surprise team after their offseason when they also signed a bunch of FAs including smoot....the browns are just way too hyped this year, are they still considered asurprise pick when everyone picks them to be? toobe kind tho, i do think their 07 season willbe something:D

Archived