Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Clemons' Role 2006

truskinsfan18

What do you guys think his role will be next year....?

Me, well I am hoping and praying he earns the starting spot, because it gives us one less need to worry about. It seems as if they have confidence in him, but who knows lol. His pass-rushing skills cannot be questioned, but his coverage can be tweeked. If he can lock it up, it would give us a LB for years to come, because he is still very young(I belieive hes about 23-24).

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Wouldn't you rather draft a CB with the 2nd round pick? We need some youth and depth, and it seems as if were done trough FA. A 2nd round pick CB can contribute well and serve as a good nickel at first. Then, once Springs is done, we will have a guy waiting in the wings. It seems so much smarter to draft at CB or DE rather than LB, because it seems as if every year GW uses a home-grown LB and turns him into a stud.

round 2 pick 53 overall washington redskins will select a cornerback.

I hope so...GW always finds gems at LB and Clemons may be the one this year...seems like a waste to draft a LB if we have one capable of starting in Clemons. Or, I could be wrong and Clemons stinks it up lol

im wondering why people want dqwell so badly. he is a middle linebacker which we have already. they will not move lemar marshall back to weak side unless it is very desperate. we should take rocky.

1. He's a hometown favorite.

2. Some scouts are saying he's more likely to play OLB in the NFL because he is a bit undersized. Worst case scenario we could move Lemar back outside.

I really hope GW has faith in Clemons and puts him out on the field this year. The Skins FO has a history of drafting good corners and pulling LBs from out of nowhere. Speaking of which, I hear alot of talk from Joe Gibbs and a little Al Saunders this offseason. I don't think I've heard anything on Gregg Williams since the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

What do you guys think his role will be next year....?

Me, well I am hoping and praying he earns the starting spot, because it gives us one less need to worry about. It seems as if they have confidence in him, but who knows lol. His pass-rushing skills cannot be questioned, but his coverage can be tweeked. If he can lock it up, it would give us a LB for years to come, because he is still very young(I belieive hes about 23-24).

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

will start out as designated linebacker/pass rusher but has a chance to entrench himself as starting WLB.

has a good attitude and will work hard in preseason. the rest is luck/injuries and how well he can get his head into the position

I keep hearing all this praise for Gregg Williams. You guys understand that Dale Lindsay is our LB coach, right? I'm not taking anything away from Gregg Williams. I don't know how much or how little he had to do with Pierce and Marshall. However, I doubt Williams had so much to do with the LB success to give him all the credit. At the very least, Dale Lindsay's name should be mentioned... even if he does blast players to the media.

I think the second round pick has to be a LB. This is a pretty deep LB draft and I would much rather have an experienced nickel corner (I could deal with a 3-4 yr starter out of the draft) and groom a LB, that is a big point of need for the future as well

McCune isn't ready to see big minutes yet. Remember he didn't do much in TC and pre-season last year and didn't make the team when the season opened. He needs more time to develop. At best, McCune may be the 3rd MLB.

I hope Clemons is able to lock down the starting weakside 'backer spot, yet I also hope the team is able to bring someone in who can compete and push him into earning it.

Clemons wants the opportunity to play WLB. Lindsey says he has a chance because he seems to get the mental part of playing LB. According to Lindsey the draft is always deep at LB. We can count on the Skins drafting some LBs but whether it's in the second round is anybody's guess.

We definitely need to do something at linebacker in the draft.....Even if Chris comes in and is a world beater we still have zero depth at the position. Any injury and we're severly shorthanded at linebacker. Bring a rookie in and let him and Clemons battle it out...

We always grab a LB or 2 in the draft. We will have a few looks at some later in the draft. It wont be with the 2nd round pick I dont think.

Archived