Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will this season start with a bang?

bbuzz1962

Just wanted some of your opinions. With all the new guys in town, how long do you think it will take before this team really molds together. Please be realistic.

It always takes some time for a team to jell. I think it will be week 4. Shame on the league after that.

I could see us winning games and still not necessarily gelling.

Our D is strong and we can just pound it down opponents throats.

i agree, same as last year. I hope that we can start off with a simliar winning streak to give the team some confidence. I think that was a major reason why guys kept believing after losing 6 out of 8.

Probably by week 4 or five. If we pick up were we left off before the Tampa game...watch out. But if we come into next season the same team that lost to Seattle, we have to worry, but I don't think that we have to worry about that being that our O-line will be back, we have new threats on offense, we have new toys for G. Williams on defense, and we will be rested.

6-2 start

7-1 finish

You will see this team really fire into gear the last 6 weeks of the season, just like we did this past year

Joe Gibbs' teams ALWAYS finish strong

My thoughts exactly. Given our current roster and schedule, it is not unrealistic to think that we can go 13-3. I think by Week 4, our team will be meshing together quite nicely.

The team this year has an interesting paradox between new-found talent and what was proven last year. The Skins have more consistency than some of the other teams with returning key players and coaches. Hopefully the FA additons will make the transition through the pre-season games without needing more time.

The addition of Saunders new offense may take some time to get used to but that is not necessarily a negative thing. When all members are lining up correctly and running thier routes, the passing game should have enough weapons to improve on last years blue-collar season.

Clinton was durable and hungry and I look forward to see what he can do with more open space. But if all else fails just do gut-and-power like they did towards the end. Everything should fall in place at some point. I think we can all agree that the Bears didn't look like a division winner in week one. I'm glad the Skins are in the NFC East because when they triumph the rest of the league can't help but watch.

All of our offensive "producers" from last year are still here, so I don't see any steps backward. I think Saunders will keep things similar enough that it will be a natural evolution of our existing system with adding additional playmakers and plays on top of what allready was working last year. I think it will minimize the amount of gelling needed.

I've always hoped for a season to start of with a bang like the 1991 season did. I rememeber as a kid watching them dominate the Lions 45-0, then going on to beat the Cowboys, not to mention the many other memorable games such as against the Falcons at RFK with all the seat cushions being thrown on the field. The most enjoyable season to watch as a Redskins fan. Who knows if we'll ever see another year like that again. Who knows, ... this year?

I realize that it was with other coaches than our current staff, but in 2001 (Shottenheimer I believe) Saunders had just started off a new RB in the preseason that he got from Baltimore in either the 1st or 2nd preseason game and Priest Holmes made us look rediculous. I think that this is a similar situation to KC in that we already have the O-Line in place and a lot of the terminology is similar (he didn't have that when he arrived in KC). I look for a very fast start and I don't think you have to worry about him showing too much in preseason because he never puts in the same plays twice over a 4 game span, so whatever he does in the preseason he most certainly would not be doing in the opener or first couple of weeks because he is too paranoid about defenses getting a read on him. We have the most creative coordinators and coaching staffs in the game right now (on both sides of the ball).

It depends on how well all the camps go and pre-season. If all goes well there, I could see us being very effective early. But it could take several weeks to get everyone to gell. It is very tough to try and truly predict with this many variables.

Archived