Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Web Rumor: DE Demetric Evans re-signed?

randythesofine

I've read news about us signing Killings, but the only news I can find about Evans in this:

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

49ers | Team visits with Evans

Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:04:50 -0800

Jason LaCanfora, of the Washington Post, reports free agent DE Demetric Evans (Redskins) visited the San Francisco 49ers Friday, March 17, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, and has two more visits planned next week.

And I find KFFL to be one of the top sources for posting news immediately when it comes out.

Like milliondollars said, I think they are just confusing backups.

Evans would be a tremendous signing that would solidfy the Redskins' depth at DL.

Evidently the problem with the Evans signing, is that he is looking for starter's money, and the Redskins probably want to pay him backup money, being that he probably cant beat out Wynn or Daniels.

However, he has given indications of improvement and might be a starter in a year or so. :D

What a letdown...I thought this was actually going to be for real.

I have always thought re-signing Evans was a huge priority for us, even more so now that our other moves have been made.

I will hate to see him go, but it's looking more and more likely that will happen. You'd think a guy would want to stay and be a part of something special, but maybe he thinks he can do better elsewhere...like San Fran. (?)

You'd think a guy would want to stay and be a part of something special, but maybe he thinks he can do better elsewhere...like San Fran. (?)

sometimes the player wants to stay...but the team doesn't give him a reasonable financial offer and they feel they need to do "what is best for their family."

Keeping Evans would be a nice move, though surprising. He's behind three defensive ends. More, he's behind Wynn in terms of interior value. His time will diminish greatly. He'd maintain wonderful depth for us though so I hope it comes to be.

Why isnt anyone mentioning Andre Carter, when talking about starting DE's ?

All I hear is Wynn or Daniels.

Certainly Carter is able to beat out aging Wynn.

And I dont see us using Carter as an LB, considering all the reports that we're still shopping for a replacement for LaVar.

What's up with Carter ?

Archived