Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Hall play the entire season without injury?

bbuzz1962

Joe Gibbs seems to be confident about the one thing I am scared to death about, our kicking game. We were plagued by it last year, and the year before, etc, etc. We seem to be the only team in the NFL that has kickers on the injured reserve list every season. I like Hall when he is healthy. The problem is, he hasn't been healthy in 2 years, and I have to wonder if he has a chronic injury instead of a repairable one.

Sometimes surgery cannot always correct a chronic injury. If he cannot make it through this season without injury, we need to dump him, and invest in a kicking team for the long run. I would like to see a few kickoffs past the 20 yard line, and give the defense a decent chance. If it wasn't for our tremendous defense last year, our kicking game would have cost us a few more games then we lost.

No, he'll get hurt and require us to pick up another kicker yet again, thus taking up another roster spot. Overpaid and injury prone. I strongly dislike him on this team and think he is a money pit. You'll see this year.

I have not been impressed with Hall since his 1st year. I can only hope the rookie from Wyoming we sign earlier this year outkicks Hall in practice and the srimmage games this year and take his spot. Hall was good in NY, but has been hindered with injury problems the past few years.

Supposedly the injuries he's had the last two years were not the same, and the one he had last year was more of a freak kind of injury. Obviously having a kicker who gets leg injuries is a problem. There is still a long way to go before the season. It's not like a kicker needs to be with the team for OTA's etc. So Hall will have plenty of time to show he can stay healthy. One more leg injury and I'd say he's done. Clearly a kicker leg injury doesn't heal during the season and is subject to reinjury. Hopefully Hall stays healthy (although in the military they say hope is not a course of action).

No, he'll get hurt and require us to pick up another kicker yet again, thus taking up another roster spot. Overpaid and injury prone. I strongly dislike him on this team and think he is a money pit. You'll see this year.

Hall brought some consistancy to the Kicking game after 2000, I cannot belive that any Redskins fan wholived through that year, when a blasted PAT attemp was cringe inducing thanks to the misfits and morons who were kicking for us like Husted, Heppner, Eddie Murray, et al. I say keep Hall, he's healthy and thats the big thing, if he gets hurt, then find a decent kicker for the season, but don't cut hall then try to break in a new kicker in preseason.

On the positive side of it, Gibbs said that Frost could be doing the KO's this year, so that would keep Hall's leg from getting too stressed I guess.

Well considering his inept punting I'm not confident in Frost to kickoff. I think we need to replace both Frost and Hall personally.

Hall brought some consistancy to the Kicking game after 2000, I cannot belive that any Redskins fan wholived through that year, when a blasted PAT attemp was cringe inducing thanks to the misfits and morons who were kicking for us like Husted, Heppner, Eddie Murray, et al. I say keep Hall, he's healthy and thats the big thing, if he gets hurt, then find a decent kicker for the season, but don't cut hall then try to break in a new kicker in preseason.

Oh sure, just get another kicker if he gets hurt, just like we did last year, and the year before. A kicker should never have to cost us two roster spots. I lived through the Eddie Murray and crew kicking season, and in my opinion John Hall is the tail end of it. he is a liability. Injury prone kicker that makes over a million a season. Rediculous. He should be "kicked" to the curb. We could have kept and trained Novak who would have cost a fraction of the price Hall does. I had a coworker say "You pay for what you get" in regards to Novak. Well, after the past two seasons, we have been paying Hall the salary of a quality kicker and he has given us squat back. he is garbage, and I am convinced thathis supporters are friends and family.

Yeah, lemme just consult my crystal ball :rolleyes:

If a crystal ball could tell us, I would be the first in line to buy one. This question has obviously raised a serious question about an important part of the team. With games getting closer and closer each year it seems, a consistent kicker, like Vinitari is worth every dime in my opinion.

Who wants to see home field advantage get lost by a missed field goal, or poor field position because of a out of bounds kick off. Remember the Philly kick after our late score to go ahead last season? How does a kicker do that, when he knows it's the worst possible thing he could do at that time? Oh yeah, let's put the team on the 40 yard line! I am over it. Either he proves himself this season, or cut our losses. PLEASE.

Oh sure, just get another kicker if he gets hurt, just like we did last year, and the year before. A kicker should never have to cost us two roster spots. I lived through the Eddie Murray and crew kicking season, and in my opinion John Hall is the tail end of it. he is a liability. Injury prone kicker that makes over a million a season. Rediculous. He should be "kicked" to the curb. We could have kept and trained Novak who would have cost a fraction of the price Hall does. I had a coworker say "You pay for what you get" in regards to Novak. Well, after the past two seasons, we have been paying Hall the salary of a quality kicker and he has given us squat back. he is garbage, and I am convinced thathis supporters are friends and family.

You go boy!! My thoughts exactly, If Hall ends up on the injured reserve again, it would be the second biggest mistake Joe Gibbs has made since the Ramsey toboggle. Hall has been worthless for 2 seasons, and Gibbs has confidence in him? Man, I just don't think Gibbs gives the kicking game enough attention. We'll see if it's his biggest oversite this year.

Archived