Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would it shock you if Todd Collins won starting position?

bbuzz1962

"disappointing through most of the season" - commentary on Mark Brunell above.

well, with 23 touchdowns and 11 interceptions if that is considered poor quarterbacking I sure hope for all of our sakes that Jason Campbell is truly the reincarnation of John Elway in terms of playmaking ability so that a Redskins qb can satisfy the faithful :laugh:

The purpose of collins is to translate the al suanders offense to our QBs...he will never see the field..and im sure hee knows his situation

I think translating the offense is Al Saunders job. They didn't bring Collins in to be an assistant coach. As shocked as everyone says they would be if he was named the starter, you should be shocked that he was signed in the first place then. Maybe Saunders will find that Brunell is not "his guy". Who knows :whoknows:

The only way Collins could win the starting position is with an injury. It was my mistake for omitting this in the original thread. If Brunell is injured somehow in preseason, and it is left to the coaches to start Collins or Campbell, who knows what would happen. I have felt the future of this team should be handed to Campbell, maybe with some grief, but it must happen eventually. I know Brunell is the likely starter with my hopes on Campbell, but god forbid injury, I hope Collins is better than alot of you are giving him credit for. Why would this team sign him if he is so awful? If he is as bad as a lot of you say, what kind of Saunders transition teacher would he be? There are many educated fans in here, and I have given a lot of you a great deal of credit for your knoweledge. I think this guy might be a little better than some of you think. Not a starter, but maybe someone who can manage things for a short time if need be. He may have to, I hope not, but I am one who is going to support him if he has to take a snap. I hope a lot of you remember what you have said about him if he does, if not, I'll be around to remind you.

I really don't know much about Todd Collins other than he knows Saunders system very well. Would it stump us all if he were to win the starting position after the pre-season? You never know. Who would of thought that Tom Brady would have ever started, much less win 3 Superbowls.

Not only would it shock me, but I'd be very discouraged about our playoff chances in '06.

I really don't know much about Todd Collins other than he knows Saunders system very well. Would it stump us all if he were to win the starting position after the pre-season? You never know. Who would of thought that Tom Brady would have ever started, much less win 3 Superbowls.

If you really step back and look at it, he would probably be just as good as Brunnell. I really think Campbell will take over this year though at some point during the preseason, or at least I hope so. I just dont think Saunders will be as infatuated with Brunnell as Joe Gibbs has been.

1141 hits and counting! Originally I thought this would be a humorous thread, which it has been. My only concern like my last reply is the lack of support for this guy that is now a Redskin. I know now, maybe this wasn't a decent free agency pick up at all. With all the excitement this off season, I thought Collins would get some respect, he has, but very very little. What happens if we need this guy for a few games?? Are we going to concede them? I guess I was unclear in the thread topic, but you all had to know I didn't mean he would win the position outright for the year. It doesn't look like it the way a lot of you have replied. Remeber, Marcus Vick broke his leg in the first pre season game 2 years ago. Anything can happen.

Geez.

Yes, and that'd be closely followed by ****** off. I understand Brunell is aging and can get injured, but if Todd Collins starts over Jason Campbell, there is something wrong. Jason Campbell better not BE ABLE to play. If he's consious, can throw a ball, and still a Redskin at the time, he's going to play. He's our future, he needs to play. With some experience, he'll be an upgrade over Brunell. He needs to start eventually.

Honestly, how many of you have remember seeing Todd Collins throw a pass? How many of you even knew he was on Kansas City's roster before Saunders came over and brought him here? I'm guessing a max of 10% can say yes to either of these questions. Point being, we can't judge him just yet. We can't knock the guy for only having 27 pass attempts as a Chief; he was behind Trent Green who just had something like four straight 4000+ yard seasons and is definitely pro-bowl caliber. He seems to me to fit the role that the QB plays in Saunder's offense better than Brunell right now and probably at the moment more so than Campbell(who once again-we haven't seen enough to judge). Not saying that he should be declared #1 right now, but don't count him out!

wow, how can u compare brady and him?...it was bradys what? second season? todd collins is liek 33 34 yrs old im pretty sure...hes signd for 2 years now and im pretty confident those will be his last...hes never been a real starter in his career just a semi solid backup....on his career hes 17tds 19 int

jake

Archived