Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would it shock you if Todd Collins won starting position?

bbuzz1962

I really don't know much about Todd Collins other than he knows Saunders system very well. Would it stump us all if he were to win the starting position after the pre-season? You never know. Who would of thought that Tom Brady would have ever started, much less win 3 Superbowls.

Its a sort of different situation with Collins. I understand that nothing is for granted, but Collins is 34 and really not that much younger than Mark Brunell. Most quarterbacks don't start for the first time at 34. When Brady was the starting Quarterback for the Patriots when they won the super bowl in 2001 he was ten years younger than that.

I really don't know much about Todd Collins other than he knows Saunders system very well. Would it stump us all if he were to win the starting position after the pre-season? You never know. Who would of thought that Tom Brady would have ever started, much less win 3 Superbowls.

I think Tom Collins, or Phill Collins or even Kerry Collins has a better shot than Todd does.

He hasn't started a game since 1997 and has only thrown 27 passes in that span. He's gonna be a great mentor and a decent insurance policy, but I don't think there's any way he wins the starter's job. He might be the #2 because Campbell might not be ready, but unless there are two disastrous injuries, he won't start.

The title alone for this thread is hilarious.

If Todd Collins wins the starting position then the Redskins might be in a bit of trouble.

Oh just a bit of trouble...just a bit...

Lets just say if the Eagles were 1 sports hernia away from 6-10 after making the superbowl, the Redskins are 2 broken legs or ACL tears, or whatever away from a 1-15 season :laugh:

Oh just a bit of trouble...just a bit...

Lets just say if the Eagles were 1 sports hernia away from 6-10 after making the superbowl, the Redskins are 2 broken legs or ACL tears, or whatever away from a 1-15 season :laugh:

:laugh:

I want Campbell to play. I want to see what the Redskins look like with him. That's an honest statement. It would be nice to see him and McNabb have classic duels.

I don't wish the Redskins to have to start Todd Collins. It would be miserable around here.

I'm just wondering how long it will take before half this board is clamouring for Collins

I swaer all it's gonna take is one TD pass week 1 in preseason ..:)

Collins should be nmber 2 right now because of his familiararity with Saunders offense.

But the second string job will be decided in pre-season.

Actually, I heard we were gonna start him, make Ramsey restructure his contract, trade Brunell to the Jets for a potential Hall of Famer, but Campbell will take over halfway through the season, and all the new receivers will be the greatest show on Natural turf...and about ten different people will start new threads about all of them.

Oh, ya...I'd be a little bit surprised...:laugh: :cheers:

Like I said fellas, I didn't know anything about him, and some analyst feel if Mark Brunell somehow gets injured, he may start if Campbell isn't ready. So all you stat freaks take it easy, I was just asking a question. Man some you need a valium.

Like I said fellas, I didn't know anything about him, and some analyst feel if Mark Brunell somehow gets injured, he may start if Campbell isn't ready. So all you stat freaks take it easy, I was just asking a question. Man some you need a valium.

You asked a question, you got an answer. What did you expect?

Archived