Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We cant even get a 4th for Ramsey

mbraun2

Firstly Tulane was not a 3rd rate college when Ramsey was there. Secondly he won the full-time starting job 3x in his career. He has no history of injuries and he has a rocket for an arm.

Just how many Top 10 Div. IA schools did he beat while he was at Tulane? Or maybe a better question would be, just how many Top 10, Div IA schools did Tulane even PLAY while he was there? THAT'S the level of competition I'm looking to use as a measuring stick when I evaluate college players. If they haven't played at the TOP level in college, how the heck should I expect them to be able to DOMINATE & WIN in the NFL. ESPECIALLY when we're talking about a kid who was chosen in the FIRST ROUND.

He won the job three times? Gee, lets do some math.... 6 wins divided by 3 opportunities equals 2 wins per opportunity. Compare that with 24 starts divided by 3 opportunities which equals 8 starts per opportunity. Gee that looks like a .250 or 25% winning percentage to me. That's nothing to write home about and definitely not enough to keep a starting job in the NFL. I wouldn't give Ramsey another shot to start if he was the last QB on the planet.

His lack of injuries has been a shock to me. He's a living, breathing tackling dummy and I can't believe he hasn't been seriously injured during any of his extended vacations in the pocket looking for a receiver before getting leveled by a defender.

I'm a firearms afficiendao. Ramsey's "cannon" is an old smooth-bore piece that has next to no accuracy and little to no touch.

PATIENCE children, patience. The Jets are hoping that we will just cut PR. Perhaps Gibbs promised PR that, and PR's agent has told that to the Jets. Who knows? Many of the pieces will fall into place when Drew Brees signs. If he signs with NO, then the Jets may need all of their draft choices to trade up for NO's #1 to draft Leinart or Young. You have at least 3 QBs in the draft, plus several experienced, very good FA's. If no one is willing to give a #2 for Culpeper (despite his injury), we will be lucky to get a #4. If I were Oakland I would give a #2 to the Vikings for Culpeper (after a good physical).

:cool:

Why would a team give up a pick knowing we will cut him?

Why wouldn't they give up a pick for Ramsey when they know we are going to trade him to somebody that will...

Miami

New Orleans

Oakland

NY Jets

Detroit

Denver should be looking for a QB also:)

I believe that Ramsey goes to the Jets in a package for Abraham...

this situations hasn't played itself out yet because of the number of quarterbacks on the market.

once a team is left without a chair when the music stops Ramsey's value is going to go up :)

it could be the Saints if Brees goes to the Dolphins.

it could be the Jets if Abraham actually finds a deal.

it could be the Dolphins if they miss out on Brees and don't trade for Culpepper.

Let's see.... Patricia Ramsey...

High School WR.... Converted to QB in college.... played at a third rate college.... never beat an upper tier school.... Drafted at #32 in the First Round.... Never able to win the Full-Time starting job as QB in the NFL.... 6 Victories in his 4 years in the league.... terrible decision maker in the pocket... wears concrete cleats....

You know, I have no idea why all 31 other teams aren't just beating down Joe Gibbs' door to hand us their First Round picks for this kid.

I can see why your Avatar is "Assjester."

:rolleyes:

Just how many Top 10 Div. IA schools did he beat while he was at Tulane? Or maybe a better question would be, just how many Top 10, Div IA schools did Tulane even PLAY while he was there? THAT'S the level of competition I'm looking to use as a measuring stick when I evaluate college players. If they haven't played at the TOP level in college, how the heck should I expect them to be able to DOMINATE & WIN in the NFL. ESPECIALLY when we're talking about a kid who was chosen in the FIRST ROUND.

He won the job three times? Gee, lets do some math.... 6 wins divided by 3 opportunities equals 2 wins per opportunity. Compare that with 24 starts divided by 3 opportunities which equals 8 starts per opportunity. Gee that looks like a .250 or 25% winning percentage to me. That's nothing to write home about and definitely not enough to keep a starting job in the NFL. I wouldn't give Ramsey another shot to start if he was the last QB on the planet.

His lack of injuries has been a shock to me. He's a living, breathing tackling dummy and I can't believe he hasn't been seriously injured during any of his extended vacations in the pocket looking for a receiver before getting leveled by a defender.

I'm a firearms afficiendao. Ramsey's "cannon" is an old smooth-bore piece that has next to no accuracy and little to no touch.

Coming from a smaller school or lower ranked team doesn't necessarily mean that a player sucks. There are several nfl players who came from smaller schools who never beat any top 10 div 1A teams but very solid players in the nfl. Roethlisberger, Rashean mathis, matt birk, Kurt warner etc. I am sure this list is very long. Infact every year a lot of FA and players from the Div 1AA get drafter in higher rounds. Jay cutler is a great example in this years draft. So your first point is totally wrong. Sometimes you can be a good player on a bad team. While i don't think of Ramsey as a great QB i do believe that he has not had his fare share of chance as a redskin. IMO he is better than a lot of #2 Qb's in this league right now.

Pat wants out guys...Pat wants to go to a team and be a starter...so...we have to let him go......Gibbs doesn't like him as the skins go to guy...bottom line...doesn't matter what pat did in his past...nor will it matter what he will do in his future (if your a skins fan) because he will be with a different team.... whatever team Pat goes to, will be a make it or break it deal..... if he fails I'd imagine pat will be working a day job like the rest of us. Or he could kick butt from being rejected...never the less..the man has to go!!!!

With all the positive moves we just made and knowing Joe Gibbs and how he turns a $h1t team into a winner...if he feels pat must go.....I say stick him in Redskins1 and fly him over a city and have him jump out with a parachute..cya Pat

Coming from a smaller school or lower ranked team doesn't necessarily mean that a player sucks. There are several nfl players who came from smaller schools who never beat any top 10 div 1A teams but very solid players in the nfl.

It doesn't mean they suck. It also doesn't mean I would have any interest in seeing them in Burgandy & Gold. I have no interest in players with "potential". I prefer players who have PROVEN they can succeed at the highest level available to them prior to coming to the Redskins. For draft picks that means the Top 20 teams in the NCAA Div. IA. For current NFL players that means playoff level franchises.

Sometimes you can be a good player on a bad team.

Sorry, but where I come from the player earns the taint of the team. One of the few non-Redskins players I have ever rooted for was John Elway... a guy who stuck to his guns and refused to have the taint of the terrible franchise that drafted him imposed on him.

While i don't think of Ramsey as a great QB i do believe that he has not had his fare share of chance as a redskin.

Huh?!?!?!? Patrick Ramsey was a FIRST ROUND PICK. How many oppportunities does he deserve? He's gotten three of them already and he has a grand total of SIX wins in those 24 games. He shouldn't need to have the job handed to him... if he was worth that draft selection he should have been able to win (AND KEEP) the starting job over the list of never-were's and has-been's that he's been competing against.

Right now, today, Ramsey might be a better find than Culpepper. Dante is still rehabbing a serious injury and before that we was absolutely terrible for the Vikings last year. He hasn't proven he can play without Moss bailing him out. Ramsey is totally healthy and has a much smaller contract than Culpepper does. It sounds crazy, but, Ramsey is probably much more coachable and willing to buy into a system. Culpepper brings the superstar mentality that might force a coach to build his offense around him rather than fitting him into a system.

:2cents: Campbell needs to play because in my opinion Brunell cannot make it through a whole season 100% healthy and as we saw starting with the 2nd Eagles game last year even if he can play, he MUST be 100% healthy to be effective.

I cant agree with you here. Yes he did lose production when he got hurt in the giants game the week before, but it all started with randy thomas going down. Also, wasnt the skins offense as a whole beat up going into that philly game. I think portis had stingers in both shoulders (or was that in tampa), and it was obvious our main threat was moss. So i dont really know how much of that drop in production was on brunell alone. Just thinking back though wow what a run the skins made the last month of the season. To sweep the East in the way they did was just one of the most incredible things ive seen this team do. It was great to see this team play with what they had been lacking for the most part of 12 years......... Heart.

It doesn't mean they suck. It also doesn't mean I would have any interest in seeing them in Burgandy & Gold. I have no interest in players with "potential". I prefer players who have PROVEN they can succeed at the highest level available to them prior to coming to the Redskins. For draft picks that means the Top 20 teams in the NCAA Div. IA. For current NFL players that means playoff level franchises.

A lot of players that PROVE themselves at the college level turn out to be a flop in the NFL. The list of PROVEN players from college who have been drafted in the first round is very long. IMO nfl talent can only be evaluated on the NFL field and players can suceed wether they come from Top 20 NCAA teams or not. If this was not the case we would simply only have a 3 round draft. So by your theory you would have rather drafted chris weinke/ken dorsey in the first round cause they PROVED themselves rather than Ramsey who is projected as a better NFL quaterback?

Huh?!?!?!? Patrick Ramsey was a FIRST ROUND PICK. How many oppportunities does he deserve? He's gotten three of them already and he has a grand total of SIX wins in those 24 games. He shouldn't need to have the job handed to him... if he was worth that draft selection he should have been able to win (AND KEEP) the starting job over the list of never-were's and has-been's that he's been competing against.

Don't tell me that one quarter of the opening day game against chicago is what you consider a chance? While he may not have won the job from Brunell, he did not lose it to him either.

Just how many Top 10 Div. IA schools did he beat while he was at Tulane? Or maybe a better question would be, just how many Top 10, Div IA schools did Tulane even PLAY while he was there? THAT'S the level of competition I'm looking to use as a measuring stick ...blah blah blah.]

i am ready for ramsey to get a chance somewhere...we'll see how campbell works out...

my hunch is that ramsey would have been traded along time ago had gibbs not realized that campbell is light years away from being NFL ready...if ramsey was a bad 32 pick....campbell is a terrible first round pick...

gibbs knows that ramsey has more going for him than campbell now that he has spent a year with campbell...if he deals pram to a team where he becomes a capable starter and mark (god forbid) should pull a hammy...week one....flush the hopes of the skins down the toilet cause campbell is years away from being an nfl qb if at all.

i am ready for ramsey to get a chance somewhere...we'll see how campbell works out...

my hunch is that ramsey would have been traded along time ago had gibbs not realized that campbell is light years away from being NFL ready...if ramsey was a bad 32 pick....campbell is a terrible first round pick...

gibbs knows that ramsey has more going for him than campbell now that he has spent a year with campbell...if he deals pram to a team where he becomes a capable starter and mark (god forbid) should pull a hammy...week one....flush the hopes of the skins down the toilet cause campbell is years away from being an nfl qb if at all.

Just curious as to if you have any SEC bias. Your location says Jackson, MS, which isn't the most friendly area towards a former Auburn QB.

Just how many Top 10 Div. IA schools did he beat while he was at Tulane? Or maybe a better question would be, just how many Top 10, Div IA schools did Tulane even PLAY while he was there? THAT'S the level of competition I'm looking to use as a measuring stick ...blah blah blah.]

Gibbs stated last year he would have been ok with Campbell playing if it came to that. PR was here last year because JG made a committment to let him prove himself. He went through Preseason and didn't take advantage of his opportunity. According to your theory, Gibbs has been lying about the QB situation all along. :doh: Campbell will have growing pains. There aren't many Rothlesbergers out there who are successful year one. But what better environment to groom a new QB than one loaded with playmakers who can bail him out of the bad decisions he will undoubtedly make initially.

Archived