Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We cant even get a 4th for Ramsey

mbraun2

Whats with teams holding on to lower round draft picks so much. What are the chances that their 4th round pick will develop into anything more than Ramsey? It is unlikely. And whats up with teams not forking over a 2nd rounder for Culpepper? I mean he may be overrated due to Randy Moss and very hurt, but its a 2nd rounder not a first. I guess hes pretty damn expensive too.

Whats with teams holding on to lower round draft picks so much. What are the chances that their 4th round pick will develop into anything more than Ramsey? It is unlikely. And whats up with teams not forking over a 2nd rounder for Culpepper? I mean he may be overrated due to Randy Moss and very hurt, but its a 2nd rounder not a first. I guess hes pretty damn expensive too.

Let's see.... Patricia Ramsey...

High School WR.... Converted to QB in college.... played at a third rate college.... never beat an upper tier school.... Drafted at #32 in the First Round.... Never able to win the Full-Time starting job as QB in the NFL.... 6 Victories in his 4 years in the league.... terrible decision maker in the pocket... wears concrete cleats....

You know, I have no idea why all 31 other teams aren't just beating down Joe Gibbs' door to hand us their First Round picks for this kid.

Be realistic ... if PR were in this year's draft ... knowing what they know about him ... he would not be picked until the 5th round ... maybe. He definitely is worth more to the Skins than a lousey 2nd day draft pick. I say screw Todd Colllins ... keep Rambo!

High School WR.... Converted to QB in college.... played at a third rate college.... never beat an upper tier school.... Drafted at #32 in the First Round.... Never able to win the Full-Time starting job as QB in the NFL.... 6 Victories in his 4 years in the league.... terrible decision maker in the pocket... wears concrete cleats....

You know, I have no idea why all 31 other teams aren't just beating down Joe Gibbs' door to hand us their First Round picks for this kid.

I expected a 3rd or 4th rounder for him because he has never accomplished anything even though I think he is capable of doing something productive if he ever had any stability and a chance in the regular season but Spurrier ruined him in DC anyway.

I expected a 3rd or 4th rounder for him because he has never accomplished anything even though I think he is capable of doing something productive if he ever had any stability and a chance in the regular season but Spurrier ruined him in DC anyway.

:2cents: Ramsey was never groomed the way a 1st rounder with a great right arm should have been. Spurrier's minimum protection scheme damaged his psyche. For a guy who needs a dual leg transplant, that is a devestating blow. He must go, though it took me a while to accept it. I believe he can be a average to slightly above average NFL QB. Campbell needs to play because in my opinion Brunell cannot make it through a whole season 100% healthy and as we saw starting with the 2nd Eagles game last year even if he can play, he MUST be 100% healthy to be effective. The floating theory that all the offensive aquisitions will help absorb any learning curve that Campbell will experience is a fascinating one.

mass skins fan?!

you obviously dont know anything about ramsey....WR in highschool...what are you talking about? he is a qb thru and thru...

he ran the veer in highschool as a qb because his coach was a moron. by the way...the reason he is not getting traded is because the skins will cut him eventually....if they dont gibbs lied to ramsey, who has been nothing but faithful to his word. ramsey will be a successful qb...

mass skins fan?!

you obviously dont know anything about ramsey....WR in highschool...what are you talking about? he is a qb thru and thru...

he ran the veer in highschool as a qb because his coach was a moron. by the way...the reason he is not getting traded is because the skins will cut him eventually....if they dont gibbs lied to ramsey, who has been nothing but faithful to his word. ramsey will be a successful qb...

Ok. I stand corrected. I was pretty sure I had read somewhere that he was a WR in High School, but I'll graciously admit that I don't know for certain, and apparantly you do. Though actually it makes my point even better. He's been a QB his entire career and he still doesn't have the abilities of most Jr. High School kids I've seen?!?!? And he got drafted in the FIRST ROUND?!?!?!

The 'Skins should never have drafted him to begin with. They should have cut him before the first season he was on the team. He's been a bust since he put a burgandy and gold jersey on... if you can consider someone who's never been a success at the college level a bust when they don't do anything in the NFL.

I relly hope Gibbs does cut him. I do agree he'll be successful... as a tackling dummy.

Why would a team give up a pick knowing we will cut him?

I havent read anywhere that we are definitively cutting him. If we dont get value for him, and we are already under the cap, I say keep his system knowing tushy right there on the pine just in case Campbell and Brunell go down. Or I say we play Ramsey whenever we play the team that picks up Lavar.

I think we owe it to Ramsey to let him go somewhere where he can compete for a job, and one that wont get him ran over every play like spurrier. He has never complained, and will probably be a great qb with some blocking and recieving. His problem when he was starting is that he never got enough time to throw the ball, even though he does need more time than most to get a good pass off.

I think we owe it to Ramsey to let him go somewhere where he can compete for a job, and one that wont get him ran over every play like spurrier. He has never complained, and will probably be a great qb with some blocking and recieving. His problem when he was starting is that he never got enough time to throw the ball, even though he does need more time than most to get a good pass off.

He has complained. Twice publically to be released or traded. Both recinded after speaking with the Lord Joe Gibbs. I agree with giving him a fair shot, but its like baseball cards, if I cant get good money for my Cal Ripken card that I want to trade, then Ill hang on to it until I can find a suitor who needs it. Like when the Jets lost Pennington last year. If we still had Hasslebeck, Ramsey would be in NY right now. We just wernt set with putting Campbell in that situation. We will get a draft pick for him, nothing better then 4th, but hopefully nothing worse.

Wow, your avatar is on point. Firstly Tulane was not a 3rd rate college when Ramsey was there. Secondly he won the full-time starting job 3x in his career. He has no history of injuries and he has a rocket for an arm.

The real reason he is not generating offers right now is because there are better QBs on the market, i.e. Brees and Culpepper, and not that many teams with a legitimate need at QB.

i think hes being rumored to be in a deal to bring abraham here. my guess is since gibbs said that the deal with ramsey is sensitive that the jets are waiting to see if brees will go to new orleans which means the saints would get mario williams in the draft which means they wont be able to replace abraham with him, but if brees goes to the dolphins then the saints will most likely draft a qb and mario williams will be available so the jets dont want to waste a top pick on a qb when they can get ramsey for cheap. pure speculation by me but thats probably whats holding up the trade.

Archived