Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We cant even get a 4th for Ramsey

mbraun2

I cant agree with you here. Yes he did lose production when he got hurt in the giants game the week before, but it all started with randy thomas going down. Also, wasnt the skins offense as a whole beat up going into that philly game. I think portis had stingers in both shoulders (or was that in tampa), and it was obvious our main threat was moss. So i dont really know how much of that drop in production was on brunell alone. Just thinking back though wow what a run the skins made the last month of the season. To sweep the East in the way they did was just one of the most incredible things ive seen this team do. It was great to see this team play with what they had been lacking for the most part of 12 years......... Heart.

My belief that Brunell must be 100% healthy to be effective is based on two things. 1) His "hamstring" injury in 04' wasn't supposed to be a serious injury but look at his performance. That injury healing is the biggest reason for his 05' 180 (along with the addition of Moss, the return of Jansen, and a more effective Portis/Cooley). 2) Again in the last game of the 05' regular season and the playoffs, he was not accurate and his throws had much less zip (think that deep 2nd half lollypop to a insanely-wide open Thrash against Philly) on them (see sprained knee).

It is true that losing Thomas was huge and that the team was banged up but that isn't the only excuse again as a number of his passes were terribly errant. Realistically, Brunell still has something left in the tank but considering what type of quarterback he has been and his age, for his arm to be strong and accurate, he needs healthy legs.

Don't tell me that one quarter of the opening day game against chicago is what you consider a chance? While he may not have won the job from Brunell, he did not lose it to him either.

Let's look at that quarter...

6 for 11, 105 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks, 2 Fumbles

Gee, I can't see why Coach Gibbs would have ever pulled him out of the game.

Archived