Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest need now?

mrjoolius

Ok, we got our 2nd and 3rd receiving options, a servicable tight end, and a scrappy new safety to play beside ST. What are our most glaring needs?

A pass-rushing DE would be nice. Having a new LB to take over in Lavar's place would also be great. But neither is a glaring weakness. We have servicable pieces at both spots.

I think depth on the OL and in the CB spot are our biggest needs. If we lose any O line pieces, do we have players that can come in and fill the holes? Last year we saw how important line depth is when it came back to bite us in the playoffs. Our 3 pronged receiver attack is nothing if our QB doesn't have time to look for them. We also saw what happens when a CB goes down with an injury.

My hope is that we try to take care of the DE through free agency. This would leave our draft picks for OL and CB projects. We may even want to use a late pick on a promising kicker.

Actually the passrush and Lavar's replacement seem bigger problems than making Patten and Thrash our #4 and #5 receivers but who knows. If we score 35 points a game it probably wont matter. :D

But then again Brunell is the QB and he isn't known here for taking advantage of 3rd and 4th options in the passing game so to me it seems like overkill.

I definitely think we need OL and CB help however remember that a great DE can make a mediocre CB good. I gues I don't know the answer to the question, but I do know that a great DE's value is extremely high. Also, it is said that the key formula to winning games is being able to run the ball and being able to stop the run, with that said, I would love to focus on either the OL or DL then whatever follows after that. GO SKINS!

I think our biggest need is a pass rushing DE. If we get someone who can put pressure on the QB, our CB's won't have as much pressure hanging w/ WR's for such a long time. GW's defense is built around pressure, and it was obvious that he was very limited at times because of the lack of a pass rush and the things he wanted to do on defense.

After that, I think we need depth on the O-line as well as quality DB's.

Many replys and no one is blasting the new guy for starting a thread that has been repeated a thousand times, I am impressed and noting it on the calendar. ( everyone is in good spirits today )

This is by far the most fun I have had since the playoffs. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to see the signings and talk about the remainder of our needs. It seems the Redskins are once again making the most noise in FA, at least up to this point.

In addtion to the best coaching staff the game has ever seen it seems we have the best FO in history.

It is a good time to be a Skins fan.

:cheers:

I say let's get that pass-rushing defensive end next. We probably could select a good linebacker in the second round.

I think we are gonna trade the 2nd round pick for Abraham. That leaves a potential problem. No picks until round 5 in the draft. Not gonna get a quality corner there for depth. LB I'm not worried about since I think we're okay there with what we have. We also need Offensive Line depth. My concern is...since we would be out of decent draft picks, would we have any more $$$ left to fill the rest of those needs in free agency.

Hats off to the team so far. :notworthy Though we now seem heavy at WR, the need has definitely been addressed.

Still to go, I feel in this order:

1. CB - a third CB, depth

2. DE - Pass rusher

3. DT - depth

4. LB - depth

5. OT - depth

Outstanding work by our F.O. so far. :cheers:

Ok, we got our 2nd and 3rd receiving options, a servicable tight end, and a scrappy new safety to play beside ST. What are our most glaring needs?

A pass-rushing DE would be nice. Having a new LB to take over in Lavar's place would also be great. But neither is a glaring weakness. We have servicable pieces at both spots.

I think depth on the OL and in the CB spot are our biggest needs. If we lose any O line pieces, do we have players that can come in and fill the holes? Last year we saw how important line depth is when it came back to bite us in the playoffs. Our 3 pronged receiver attack is nothing if our QB doesn't have time to look for them. We also saw what happens when a CB goes down with an injury.

My hope is that we try to take care of the DE through free agency. This would leave our draft picks for OL and CB projects. We may even want to use a late pick on a promising kicker.

def end

o line depth

back up corner

upgrades at punter and possibly kicker

I'm really concerned about depth on the OL. If one of those guys gets hurt, who can step in? We need a Ray Brown.

Also, of serious need is another CB (or 2). Ade is not good enough to consistently play nickel, and what if a starter goes down? Do you want to see Ade lining up against a team's #2? I don't.

Then, of course, who to replace Lavar. We need another LB. Plain and simple.

An upgrade at DE would be nice, but I think it really rates behind the other concerns.

Hats off to the team so far. :notworthy Though we now seem heavy at WR, the need has definitely been addressed.

Still to go, I feel in this order:

1. CB - a third CB, depth

2. DE - Pass rusher

3. DT - depth

4. LB - depth

5. OT - depth

Outstanding work by our F.O. so far. :cheers:

I agree that this is the order we should address the rest of the offseason.

O-line is the key...none of these reciever signings will look that great if Brunnell/Campbell is on his back because Jensen or Randy Thomas blows out a knee in preseason. We have to be prepared for that, since Ray Brown is retired and Raymer is cut. One solid veteran who is versatile & we can bill as a "6th starter" would put our offense in a special class.

Then, we can draft a CB with our 2nd round pick (unless it's traded. I hope not...I'd prefer to retain our picks this year).

Peterson would be a good pickup to spell Wynn & Daniels in passing downs, or to replace Wynn, or rotate all 3 of them.

I trust Gregg williams to find a suitable substitute in the LB corps, so I'm not concewrned about getting a free agent pickup or drafting a replacement.

O-line is the key...none of these reciever signings will look that great if Brunnell/Campbell is on his back because Jensen or Randy Thomas blows out a knee in preseason. We have to be prepared for that, since Ray Brown is retired and Raymer is cut. One solid veteran who is versatile & we can bill as a "6th starter" would put our offense in a special class.

Peterson would be a good pickup to spell Wynn & Daniels in passing downs, or to replace Wynn, or rotate all 3 of them.

Agreed on both points. Depth is key.

1. OL - Molinaro is versatile at the OT spot,but we'll need a reliable vet at OG. I'm sure they'll find somebody. At this point most Free agents want to go somewhere and start. we are looking for a backup. Ray brown was perfect in that role last year.

2. DE - it will be interesting which way they go here. They definitely need someone whose younger than the two current starters. So that would mean either expensive guy, or the draft. Daniels (30+) started slow, but was such a force, and game-changer at the end of the year.

Archived