Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where The Hell Are We Getting All This Money????????

1SKINSFAN1

I dont care where they get the money from and you should just be happy about the pickups.Every year its the same ole crap"Skins Broke", Skins overpay,Skins over the cap,Skins wasted money or picks,Skins this Skins that.What a crock of crap some of you post.Cant you just be happy that Dan is spending money to improve the Redskins? :applause: :applause: for The Redskins :applause: :applause:

It's too early to parse the numbers on our cap space because we don't know the details of the new contracts, or the details of the restructuring that obviously took place in the past week or so. In time, the capologists on this and other boards will have all the numbers and we can see just how the Skins are doing it. But the possibilities are obvious, we converted a lot of roster bonuses to signing bonuses, thereby spreading out the cost over future years, plus the cap went up 20%, giving us more room, plus we cut some dead wood. Meanwhile, the media has been and is still giving all fans the wrong impression about our situation, just to whip up emotions and sell papers or ads. Don't sweat it, all will become clear in the fullness of time.

One of the reasons we can spend money on FA's is because we are willing to trade 1st and 2nd round picks for proven players. Thus, saving MILLIONS we would've spent on the unknown. The money we would have spent on that first round pick this year now goes to the likes of an El or Lloyd.

I think you guys make too much of how much Snyder is spending on players. He will receive 102M from the league this year to spend on players. Accounting wise 15M of that total is used up on dead money which is money spent on players in earlier years that is being charged against the cap this year. There is also around 30M+ worth of proration from signing bonuses for players still on the roster that were written in earlier years that is being charged against the cap in 06. So that's over 45M of that 102M he will get from the league that was spent earlier but is being charged against the cap now. So he has to write at least 45M worth of signing bonuses just to spend the money the league will give him this year.

this is feeling a lot to me like the summer of 2000. i think we have to relax. what we've done so far is cool, but it just seems so eerily similiar to 2000.

But, i knock on wood every time i can

Never...Fool Synder Once.....

2000 was a far different ordeal. I used to be concerned with the money situation as well....but I've learned to just sit back and start updating my Madden LOL.

One of the reasons we can spend money on FA's is because we are willing to trade 1st and 2nd round picks for proven players. Thus, saving MILLIONS we would've spent on the unknown. The money we would have spent on that first round pick this year now goes to the likes of an El or Lloyd.

It's an interesting debate. The NFL is ultimate copy cat scenario. When one team has success, others try to emulate what they are doing. So if you look at previous champs like the Patriots and Steelers, I think it would be safe to say that they have built their teams through the draft, and supplement with FA.

If I had to choose, I think I'd rather see the Skins build through the draft as I think as long you make wise and successful picks, it brings more value to the dollar. However, knowing our situation and how Snyder has the cash, it is more a formula for quick fixes with known commodities. However, some of the FA's we've signed still become busts, aka barrow comes to mind.

Archived