Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Abraham news from Clayton

jjcskins

If you could be a Super Star Skin what postion would you play?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. If you could be a Super Star Skin what postion would you play?

• Running Back( say Hard hitter or speedster) HB or FB
    • WR: ( Possesion or Deep Threat)
    • OL (what postion)
    • QB( Scrambler or Pocket Passer)
    • DL ( Pass rusher or Run stuffer)
    • CB ( great coverage or great run support)
    • LB ( Run support or Pass Rusher)
    • SS( Hard hitter or Pass Coverage)
    • Kicker ( come on...) Kicker or Punter??
    • TE ( great blocker or Great hands)

Why is Betts' name being thrown around so much? Do people not like him as our backup RB?

Portis

Rock

Nemo

White

Not to mention Jamal Lewis is still on the market. :shutup: Seriously, the running game is about portis and spelling portis. That's it, no one-two punch neccesary. Clinton is that talented and capable of being the work horse. Sure, occasionally he'd need to be spelled, and that's why we already have three other running backs capable of that. Add to that, Betts is an UFA next year. Might as well get something for him now before it's too late. :)

i have nothing against him, i luv all the skins, but at this point he's expindible, and with the right blocking scheme he could be a pretty productive starter

Oh, I agree. I wasn't calling anyone out...I just wasn't sure why his name was coming up (I thought maybe I missed a statement that he's been shopping for a trade or something).

To me, I'd love to have him here as some insurance in case (heaven forbid) #26 needs a breather or gets banged up.

The issue is the Jets have to trade Abraham to a team willing to meet his contract demands.

The Falcons have already backed off because of that.

Maybe Denver has too if they're looking at Carter.

Will we? Uh, no.

We can get him pretty cheap in a trade if the Jets are unable to find someone other than the Redskins who will meet his salary demands.

Because nobody's going to trade for him if they can't get him signed to a longterm deal.

That's when we'll trade them Ramsey and a 2nd rounder next year or something and land Abraham.

Portis

Rock

Nemo

White

Not to mention Jamal Lewis is still on the market. :shutup: Seriously, the running game is about portis and spelling portis. That's it, no one-two punch neccesary. Clinton is that talented and capable of being the work horse. Sure, occasionally he'd need to be spelled, and that's why we already have three other running backs capable of that. Add to that, Betts is an UFA next year. Might as well get something for him now before it's too late. :)

Saw this too late. I agree with that.

Ramsey, Patten, and Rock since we just signed the last two.....Betts, I really like and think we need but he should and could start for another team and so he probably won't extend his contract or re-sign with us when he is a free agent. I would just be sad to see him go as he has much more value and talent than Rock or Nemo at this point.

Patrick Ramsey, this years 5th and next years 2nd for John Abraham.

Im hoping for 3 more additions this offseason yet....John Abraham, Adam Archuleta, and Andre Carter.

Remember Cater can play DE and LB so maybe we are shopping him for his LB skills not DE and bringing abraham in for his DE ability.

Man this give me chills thinking about this combo for next season if it happens

i see alot of post about losing draft picks for some of these guys. havent yall figured JG out yet? he knows that the draft is a gamble and knows that if the talent is out there in free agency, then thats where we need to make aquisitions. no sense in banking on a gamble.

If Abraham wants to be here and the Skins want him then Gibbs and Snyder will find a way to get him. Look at what Gibbs gave up to get Campbell and let's not forget the 2nd round pick to the Broncos (which became Tatum Bell) in the Portis/Bailey trade.

Many of us here thought the Skins gave up too much on each of those occasions but the fact is, our FO got those trades completed. If they want Abraham badly enough and the Jets want Ramsey, our 2nd round pick and 1st round pick next year then don't be surprised if it happens. I certainly wouldn't do it but Gibbs just might.

Archived