Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LOL @ FAGLES fans...

timdaley73

LOL...my Eagle pals have a short memory.

I think McNabb is a head case now...seriously. I wouldn't use the adjectives 'better' or 'superior' until we see who shows up next year.

The guy was stinking it up rather consistently before he exited.

And, for Eagle fans to gloss over their FO's short-comings in the last two days is even more hilarious.

The Eagles can be a good team next year, but indications now are they won't be great.

I think McNabb is a head case now...seriously. I wouldn't use the adjectives 'better' or 'superior' until we see who shows up next year.

And, for Eagle fans to gloss over their FO's short-comings in the last two days is even more hilarious.

The Eagles can be a good team next year, but indications now are they won't be great.

If Jason Campbell fulfills every wish bestowed upon him he may be as good as McNabb.

The comparison of McNabb/Brunell is only slightly funnier than the comparison of Westbrook/Portis.

Brunell is not the QB that McNabb is. I think they were close in their primes...but that's a pointless argument. I don't know how to quantify it (7x, 10x, etc.) but McNabb has the obvious edge there.

Now, I have a tough time even comparing Portis and Westbrook. As stated above, they are completely different players. Westbrook is very good but Portis has an obscene amount of yardage with two different teams (in two vastly different systems). To me, that speaks volumes.

Westbrook is pretty darn good.

He's a completely different player than Portis and plays in a completely different offense. They really couldn't be much different.

Portis is clearly a superior RB in the traditional sense. But lets at least acknowledge that Westbrook presents more matchup problems than any player in the league, save 2-3 guys.

That's pretty much why I keep it a close race.

Westy has not proven to be durable. That is his biggest knock.

Portis is obviously durable, just not that impressive. He certainly doesn't scare anyone.

I also disagree with whoever said he was one of the better Pass blocking rbs in the league. I think he is barely adequate.

I've been a McNabb fan until this SB when he went after TO...I'm telling you, the guy is not the same.

He was tired of taking the high road, excercised some poor judgement.

It was just the final chapter in an overplayed feud that was largely media instigated.

McNabb the football player is fine.

He's the reason that regardless of how long free agency continues to look like this, we are still legitimate contenders. Ther are about 5-6 more years that his presence alone makes us a team to mark on the calender.

I think your the one with the short memory.

Try to remember what McNabb was like BEFORE he played last year with a dibilitating injury.

Then get back to me.

Maybe Brunnell with Pull his hammy again and pull an 04'.

:doh:

I think your the one with the short memory.

Try to remember what McNabb was like BEFORE he played last year with a dibilitating injury.

Then get back to me.

Maybe Brunnell with Pull his hammy again and pull an 04'.

:doh:

Or how about trying to remember how McNabb played the season BEFORE TO came to Philly.

Or better yet, how about remembering how decreped Bledsoe is without quality depth behind him. Oh ya, thats right you guys have Drew Henson. :doh:

Portis is obviously durable, just not that impressive. He certainly doesn't scare anyone.

I also disagree with whoever said he was one of the better Pass blocking rbs in the league. I think he is barely adequate.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you think Portis is a "barely adequate" pass-blocker, you obviously know little to nothing about the NFL. Portis is consistently praised for his pass-blocking and is indeed one of the best in the league at it.

And Portis "certainly doesn't scare anyone?" You are taking Redskin hatred and homerism to a whole new level, Ken. Let me guess...Julius Jones is the best RB in the NFC in your opinion, right? :rolleyes: Get a clue, dude.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you think Portis is a "barely adequate" pass-blocker, you obviously know little to nothing about the NFL. Portis is consistently praised for his pass-blocking and is indeed one of the best in the league at it.

And Portis "certainly doesn't scare anyone?" You are taking Redskin hatred and homerism to a whole new level, Ken. Let me guess...Julius Jones is the best RB in the NFC in your opinion, right? :rolleyes: Get a clue, dude.

Every time i saw Portis Pass block, he went out of the game with injuries. How is that among the best in the league?

I hate the Eagels as much as the Redskins, yet I gave Westbrooke both praise and critisism. Not my fault that you are overly sensative.

Or how about trying to remember how McNabb played the season BEFORE TO came to Philly.

Or better yet, how about remembering how decreped Bledsoe is without quality depth behind him. Oh ya, thats right you guys have Drew Henson. :doh:

You mean leading his team to a 12-4 record and another championship game?

gee, that would be hell to go back to, huh?

I don't believe the Cowboys qb situation was of concern in this topic?

Ken,

Seriously, stop posting on this subject. Because Portis went out (late in the season) with injuries after absolutely destroying LINEBACKERS and other big dudes on blocks when YOU saw him, doesn't change the fact he's one of the top 3 pass blocking halfbacks in the league--without doubt. The only question is if Portis is the best or not.

Running-wise? Very good, got over some balance issues early in the year and the team continually (thank god) adjusts to what he does best and has also helped Portis to grow into a more complete RB than he was in Denver.

You mean leading his team to a 12-4 record and another championship game?

gee, that would be hell to go back to, huh?

I don't believe the Cowboys qb situation was of concern in this topic?

Anything is fair game here. Are you to sensitive to converse about your team Ken?

That 12-4 record was hardly due to McNabb or the offense.

He was under fire often that year posting a QB rating under 80. His rating jumped over 20 points with TO's addition.

And even last year, while injured and missing significant time, he threw as many TD and posted a better rating. So ya, that would be hell to go back to for them.

Ken,

Seriously, stop posting on this subject. Because Portis went out (late in the season) with injuries after absolutely destroying LINEBACKERS and other big dudes on blocks when YOU saw him, doesn't change the fact he's one of the top 3 pass blocking halfbacks in the league--without doubt. The only question is if Portis is the best or not.

Running-wise? Very good, got over some balance issues early in the year and the team continually (thank god) adjusts to what he does best and has also helped Portis to grow into a more complete RB than he was in Denver.

I wouldn't even bother...for someone to even make that statement is proof that they are well beyond the point of reasonable discussion. Ken obviously just hates the Skins, and wants to shed as much negative light on them as possible.

McNabb is a ?? for this upcoming year......we'll see what type of QB he'll be post-surgery. Arm really isn't the issue, mobility is. The Eagles finally made a good move bringing in a QB who can run the system if Mcnabb goes down in Garcia.

Pinkston and Westbrook also are coming back after big injuries and especially with Westbrook it will be telling how well the Eagles will do w/o these guys.

As for best NFCE RB-- overall Tiki Barber (until CP proves different....he's a close 2nd).

Portis is probably the best btw. the tackles RB and blocker (see his down field blocks for Moss' screen passes-- nuff said), Westbrook is the best RB as a pass catcher, Jones has been too injured or inconsistant to top the other three. Barber is the best overall package as that he can run well (power and speed styles.....moreso speed), good pass catcher (not as good as WB but better than CP) and a good blocker.

It's still too early to have the slightest clue on what the FA's will do for our teams........but clearly the Skins look at FA instead of drafting this year to make the needed improvements (not that I agree with it, but you must admit the draft WR corp. is one of the worst in the past few years).

Hello, Dallas fan here new to the extremeskins board. I'm very polite to fans of other teams, EXCEPT Philadelphia Eagles fans. I read a post in here ripping on Drew Bledsoe, and another post talking about a "healthy" Mcnabb. Well when I think back to the first Dallas-Philly game of the season in which Dallas ROUTED Philly. Mcnabb was healthy, the so-called awesome defense of the Eagles barely touched Bledsoe and couldn't catch our 30+yr old receiver who burned them for two tds.

• 11 months later...

As promised I'm back.

You Redskins fans gave me such a hard time about the Eagles last year I kind of hate saying I told you so.

Since we're about to embark on another year of FA, I invite you to go back and read what you all said last year.

Enjoy :D

Lets see, I said the Eagles were dissappointed with their FA signings so far, (which if you dredge up one of those threads from around that time last year when Philly fans were basically saying "we suck" and "why won't we just spend some money" I was speaking the truth) and that they were most dissappointed that Bentley pretended he wanted to go to Philly when he was really locked into Cleveland all along (also true). Then I proceded to tell Who-Del that Eagles fans like to fight when he confirmed that Eagles fans were getting very mad that they weren't spending money.

After that I didn't get into the big argument and I didn't say the Eagles offseason moves would **** them over. Imagine that.

after the season of complete and utter disappointment, yet again, might I add.

So as a team that has never won a superbowl that would make every season you have ever had...an amazing success? Eagles made the playoffs and lost! Another success! Just remember the magical words "at least we made it that far" and everything will be great.

Archived