Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LOL @ FAGLES fans...

timdaley73

I can't believe the Eagles didn't make a run for Lloyd, Randle-El, or Jurevicius. They might be planning to draft one in the first round, but almost all young wideouts take at least a few years to reach legit #1 status. This wouldn't be a problem except the core of this Eagles team can still be very good right now in a decreasingly weak NFC. Guys like Kearse, McNabb, Thomas, and Dawkins aren't getting any younger...

You're kidding right? Have the Eagles ever spent big money on average players?

There's a reason they spent so much money on the scouting department. They build through the draft.

Compare Washington, and Philly after April 30th.

All of the smart teams are waiting for the dumb teams to waste their money, in case you haven't noticed.

Your in select company with Minny, St. Louis, and Cleveland.

Nice job paying 90 million for 3 wrs!

:cheers:

And when we go to the playoffs again (and you don't again), what will you say?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You're kidding right? Have the Eagles ever spent big money on average players?

There's a reason they spent so much money on the scouting department. They build through the draft.

Compare Washington, and Philly after April 30th.

Please, the reason the Eagles don't spend big money is because Lurie wants to pocket it.

Hey, Philly had a five year run...it's come to an end.

I thought they might spend some cash to plug holes, but, um...no.

And when we go to the playoffs again (and you don't again), what will you say?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Careful with that argument.

When I made it last year you told me the only thing that matters is whether or not you win the Superbowl. Isn't that still the case?

Careful with that argument.

When I made it last year you told me the only thing that matters is whether or not you win the Superbowl. Isn't that still the case?

I never take going to the SB for granted...I feel better about us consistently going to the playoffs as long as Gibbs is here, though.

Please, the reason the Eagles don't spend big money is because Lurie wants to pocket it.

Hey, Philly had a five year run...it's come to an end.

I thought they might spend some cash to plug holes, but, um...no.

If you know anything about football, you know Lurie pockets less money than Snyder. I know its popular to bash Philly for their build through the draft approach, especially this time of year. And I'll admit its frustrating, I'm frustrated. Similar teams like Pittsburgh are frustrated, New England fans are frustrated. You starting to see a trend here?

We'll see How Washington and Philly fair come draft time. The reason Philly is able to sustain a long playoff run is a direct reflection of their philosophy of building a winner.

I'll see you after April, then after the season.

If you look at the free agent aquisitions made since Joe Gibbs came back, they are 4-5 year players just hitting thier prime and the market. They are being signed to long term contracts (6yrs, average). These players will be around for a long time. Our draft picks are lean, I admit but with free agency, Good cap management and signing these FA's to long term contracts, you really don't need to depend on the draft.

If you know anything about football, you know Lurie pockets less money than Snyder. I know its popular to bash Philly for their build through the draft approach, especially this time of year. And I'll admit its frustrating, I'm frustrated. Similar teams like Pittsburgh are frustrated, New England fans are frustrated. You starting to see a trend here?

We'll see How Washington and Philly fair come draft time. The reason Philly is able to sustain a long playoff run is a direct reflection of their philosophy of building a winner.

Did I see you at the Linc walking out on your team when we clinched our playoff berth and swept you.

Frustrating when half your stadium is filled with Skins fans telling you to hit the road.

You are a 6-10 team. The long playoff run....Are you talking about the Redskins :laugh:

NEWSFLASH*****you are a 6-10 team********************

Great philosophy that built that team.

The reason Philly is able to sustain a long playoff run is a direct reflection of their philosophy of building a winner.

Actually - the reason the birds made the playoffs for so many years was due to a dysfuctional NFC East. The days of walking over the Campo's, Turners, Fassels, Spurriers of the NFL are over. That great philosophy sure worked well last season didn't it?

Go read the Eagle boards. Anyone that you can find. I can link you to anyone that you want. Fans are getting hot and they're getting hot fast. Even the Eagles mouthpiece is pissed off. That is definitely not a good sign.

If something isn't done soon there will be hell to pay in Philly for Jeff Lurie. If things don't change soon I'm willing to bet it's time to run that ********** out of town.

I think I told you in the past who del....you seem like a great guy...sorry I bust on the eagles so much...but all of my friends and co workers are die hards....I get a ton of Sh*t for being a skins fan....its a shame for you eagles fans...the eagles dont want to pay the big bucks ....this philosphy worked in the past while they led within a terrible division (NFC east) ...but times are changing....good news for you is....In time...the ealges will be forced to go after big signings if they want to compete in this division.

If you look at the free agent aquisitions made since Joe Gibbs came back, they are 4-5 year players just hitting thier prime and the market. They are being signed to long term contracts (6yrs, average). These players will be around for a long time. Our draft picks are lean, I admit but with free agency, Good cap management and signing these FA's to long term contracts, you really don't need to depend on the draft.

Well, how successful has that been for you guys since FA started?

Washington's approach is different than every other franchise currently in the NFL. If you're happy with your success, that's great. That's all that matters.

I wouldn't be criticizing everyone else though, if winning is the criteria you use to measure football success.

Washington's approach is different than every other franchise currently in the NFL. If you're happy with your success, that's great. That's all that matters.

I wouldn't be criticizing everyone else though, if winning is the criteria you use to measure football success.

Three Superbowls and counting......

someone seems to be an unhappy camper...bottom line...your team will have to pay now if they want to stay competitive...that philosophy worked in the past...just like our three previous superbowls.....Its now part of the past....!!!!!!

Actually - the reason the birds made the playoffs for so many years was due to a dysfuctional NFC East. The days of walking over the Campo's, Turners, Fassels, Spurriers of the NFL are over. That great philosophy sure worked well last season didn't it?

No it didn't work. You guys showed you're clearly better than the Eagle reserve team.

We'll see how things work out with a healthy Mcnabb, and team this coming season.

No it didn't work. You guys showed you're clearly better than the Eagle reserve team.

We'll see how things work out with a healthy Mcnabb, and team this coming season.

I guess you forgot that we did beat the Eagles with McNabb on Nov. 6, 2005. In fact, McNabb threw a pick with a minute to go to seal the deal. Next please.

come on now....the eagles have to have one of the worst franchises in the NFL of all time...I can only think of a few others like the cards and lions who are worse ...two super bowl trips without a win ...last time you guys finished on top it was called a "championship" LOL!!!!!! back in 1960

Yeah - the Skins actually had some depth. The Eagles are in real trouble if they need all of their starters healthy to beat the Skins.

someone seems to be an unhappy camper...bottom line...your team will have to pay now if they want to stay competitive...that philosophy worked in the past...just like our three previous superbowls.....Its now part of the past....!!!!!!

I feel great! Don't have a mad bone in my body atm. When things get to me I stay away from anything computer related.

You can't compare pre cap to the cap era. Washington was very successful before football restricted money. Philly has been very successful under the current guidelines, and rules. I don't see any changes anytime soon.

I thought the mantra was "the days of reckless spending is over!" as Danny is giving a QB number 1 WR money, a poor team player number 1 WR money while ignoring their real needs. Congrats, you are offseason champions......AGAIN.

Westbrook - nearly every NFL analyst said that the number 1 need for the skins was a #2 receiver. How can you say we didn't address our real needs? Not only our WR upgrades, we got a blocking tight end. Offense was our achilles last year; are you saying we are no better on offense?

I thought the mantra was "the days of reckless spending is over!" as Danny is giving a QB number 1 WR money, a poor team player number 1 WR money while ignoring their real needs. Congrats, you are offseason champions......AGAIN.

rumors had it Randle El was going to be a fly boy until today...so sorry...you guys will be fine though....with lewis, pinky and Brown......with a healthy Seizure choking mcnabb you boys are looking....are looking...looking....I'm lost for words

Yeah - the Skins actually had some depth. The Eagles are in real trouble if they need all of their starters healthy to beat the Skins.

They don't need all their stars. They just need some. Its a rare occurrence when a team loses almost all their key players in 1 unit.

Ask Carolina.

They don't need all their stars. They just need some. Its a rare occurrence when a team loses almost all their key players in 1 unit.

Ask Carolina.

I guess you're referring to the Carolina team that ended up 9-7 2 years ago, and made a great run at the playoffs with almost no starting defenders left? That one?

Dan Snyder can spend a billion dollars on Randel El, who cares? It's not my money.

All I know is

Brunell-Portis-Cooley-Moss-LLoyd-Randel EL looks a hell of alot better than McNabb-Westbrook-Brown-Pinkston-Lewis.

This isn't an argument.

Archived