Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins | Fauria visits with team

ImmortalDragon

Redskins | Fauria visits with team

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:12:39 -0800

Jason La Canfora and Howard Bryant, of the Washington Post, reports free agent TE Christian Fauria (Patriots) visited with the Washington Redskins on Sunday, March 12.

I don't remember seeing Fauria listed on any other site.

Does anyone with insider have the ESPN.com Scouting Report on Fauria. I mean, I know he was on the pats, but that doesn't necessarily make him a great blocking TE. I believe he could be useful, but I'd definitely like some more info.

Royal was probably this team's weakest starter in 2005 beyond the quagmire at the #2 receiver spot. The fact another team signed him so quickly at the start of the free agent period was perhaps the biggest surprise I have seen so far.

Fauria is a big improvement over Royal. First, he can catch the football. Two, he can block without having to hold on 75% of the plays from scrimmage. Third, he has been part of a winning program and has made some key plays for the Pats in the postseason.

He is an older guy at 34. But Gibbs has a history of bringing in tight ends and using them in combination to get the blocking/receiving skills he wants to see. He doesn't necessarily wait to draft and develop players at TE.

I can't imagine the marketplace out there is going to support a hefty contract for Fauria. He is a niche player most valuable to a veteran team that is looking to add a guy who can help them get to the postseason.

A number of those teams already have veteran depth at TE.

Royal was probably this team's weakest starter in 2005 beyond the quagmire at the #2 receiver spot. Fauria is a big improvement over Royal. First, he can catch the football. Two, he can block without having to hold on 75% of the plays from scrimmage. Third, he has been part of a winning program and has made some key plays for the Pats in the postseason.

He is an older guy at 34. But Gibbs has a history of bringing in tight ends and using them in combination to get the blocking/receiving skills he wants to see. He doesn't necessarily wait to draft and develop players at TE.

:applause:

TE's block first and catch 2nd. This guy is a good stop-gap for this team. :2cents:

Archived