Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worried about Over-Hyping our Offense...

Commander Adama

I see people being very excited with the signings of Lloyd and Randle El and the hiring of Saunders, as am I. I just worry people might be over-hyping our offense from the onset. It's going to be a totally new offense under Al Saunders and it might need a little time to start clicking. Don't get me wrong, I think it's going to be fantastic, but I just think it is going to take a handful of games for it to really start to shine. I just ask for people to have patience and ignore the media, because with the Randle El signing the columnist wrote "Washington's offense has a Greatest Show on Turf feel for new coordinator Al Saunders.", so if they don't bring it in the first few games on offense, of course the media will start slamming Joe Gibbs and Al Saunders.

Here's to the Redskins! I am so excited about this upcoming season!

Never let it be said that we here at Extreme won't find something to worry about even during the nicest of times. :)

This isn't necessarily going to be a totally new offense I don't think either. It's going to have some new things added to it, but I'm betting there's still a bunch of what Joe has had over the past 2 seasons still in there.

Edge, Fitzgerald and Boldin can be scary...but Warner is still the QB.

Brunell was horrid in 2004. He came back and turned some heads in 2005.

If Warner can just turn some heads, his other offensive weapons can do the rest. They still don't have a D, though.

Aw come on Om! I said it was going to be a great offense. :(

I wasn't actually referring to you, brother. More to those who will take the opportunity you've provided and run with it. :)

BTW, about the 2005 Cards. Who exactly QB'd that team again? And let's not forget ... regardless of WHO it was, they're still the Cardinals.

Excellent. A thread for the self-styled "realists" to hang. ;)

Can you hear the clickety-clack of little chitinous legs from beneath the forum floors and see the glint of the stadium light on their exo-skeletons? :D

Ok. That was too mean.

Never let it be said that we here at Extreme won't find something to worry about even during the nicest of times. :)

This isn't necessarily going to be a totally new offense I don't think either. It's going to have some new things added to it, but I'm betting there's still a bunch of what Joe has had over the past 2 seasons still in there.

I totally agree. Yes, maybe I am being a little bit of a worry-wart; not over the team mind-you, but people being quick to criticise Joe Gibbs and the Redskins.

The Cards and lions both had the potential for an explosive offense last year. The problems? RB and QB and OL.

The 2006 Redskins as of right now are 1 OL injury away from becoming the 2005 Cards. Also, Brunell giving way to Cambell seems to be a popular theory around here these days... The QB carousel in both ARI and DET both had a lot to do with their lack of success.

Im not all doom and gloom, Im very excited, but its tempered until we see how all FA moves and the draft line us up :)

:cheers:

I feel pretty justified in being excited about this offense. It's stacked with talent and a great coaching staff. Not to mention we already have a championship caliber defense. It's seemed to me that the past couple years it's been the offense holding us back from going all the way. Now, I believe we have the talent to take the next step. It's there, we just have to use it right. Sorry if I seem like a dreamer, but everybody on this board can tell in their heart that Gibbs and Snyder are building a superbowl contender before our very eyes.

Don't deny it. Resistance is futile. :)

I don't see it as being a completely new offense for this season. I think with the wapons we have to field at this point, defensive coaches are gonna be having fits for some time. Having that many weapons on the field will make it a lot easier for whoever is starting at QB, and you can't forget about Cooley, Portis, and Sellers. It will be hard to account for everybody in what ever package is on the field at any time.

We already had the 11th ranked offense in 2005. It's not going to get any worse than that.

By the way, the Cardinals had the 8th ranked offense. Not bad for a team with no QB and no RB.

good points...cards didn't have a problem moving the ball with thier rookie qb against us. they just couldn't get in the endzone.

i think its too quick to proclaim offensive dominance. randel el and lloyd (can't believe we signed these guys!) both are explosive but B level players who can give you a HUGE game but disappear for weeks. obviously this is a different situation with the redskins (see s. moss) and they could turn into pro bowl performers. here's to that :cheers:

I think you're right. We'll probably see alot of the same Gibbs stuff, with some different formations and added twists.

Archived