Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Logjam at WR (Merged x 3)

D'Pablo

Antwaan Randle-El, Brandon Lloyd, Santana Moss... anyone see a logjam here and not enough balls to go around? I'm sorry, but given the primadonna ways of the NFL WR, this has a good chance of going sour very quickly. Also, what do we do with Patten, Thrash, Jacobs, etc...?

patten thrived in new england as a number 4 or 5 receiver, he brought this upon himself too. jacobs is as good as gone. thrash will only stay on the team if he's gonna be returning kicks. im pretty sure randle-el isnt going to demand too many extra passes

It is going to be interesting now to see what happens with Patten that we have Lloyd and Randle El officialy signed?

The WR's are now Moss, Randle El, Lloyd, and Thrash because of his Special teams ability. We can still keep Jacobs if we want but what happens with Patten. You know he is not excited about this because he though he was the #2 guy and how he is not even in the top 4.

This should be interesing.

I do have to say no matter who is at QB we have an offense now, as long as we can beef up the OL.

Thrash is a utility guy so I don't see him being a problem. Jacobs is gone and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened soon. Patten is the question mark. I think Randle-El will also handle Punt/Kick-off duties. We sure have a lot of money tied up in WR's.

Edit: Thinking about it some more, I dont' see Patten going anywhere. We have our five WR's.

Antwaan Randle-El' date=' Brandon Lloyd, Santana Moss... anyone see a logjam here and not enough balls to go around? I'm sorry, but given the primadonna ways of the NFL WR, this has a good chance of going sour very quickly. Also, what do we do with Patten, Thrash, Jacobs, etc...?[/quote']

1) I trust Gibbs' coaching and player management skills enough to not worry about egos and "not enough balls to go around"...when the Skins are winning and making the playoffs, and with realistic shots at the Super Bowl, everyone will be contributing and happy.

2) We get rid of Jacobs and keep Patten and Thrash.

it also means we have a lot of money tied up at receiver. Randle El gets a huge contract, Moss already has one, Lloyd may get one, Patten had a 5 year 12.5 million contract last season I believe, definitely a lot for a now #4 guy. I can see Patten and Jacobs being cut, Jacobs doesnt matter, but we may take an over 2 million hit with releasing Patten.

Patten isn't going anywhere. We had serious depth issues at WR last year and the coaching staff made it a priority to make sure that wouldn't hurt us this year. I think it's a brilliant move. Let competition sort out who is the #3 receiver.

Archived