Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Hutchinson....what happened?

RedskinsFanatic

He's transition tagged, unless the CBA changed how it works, there is no draft pick compensation for transitional tags.

I think your right. The transitional tag gives them the right to match any offer he gets, but no draft pick compensation.

He's transition tagged, unless the CBA changed how it works, there is no draft pick compensation for transitional tags.

If he's transition tagged you're right. I was of the impression he was franchised. Awfully risky for the Seahawks to not require compensation for a guy like that.

So in theory we could offer Hutch' an enormous amount of $$ and get him if Seattle couldn't or want to offer him more? Draft picks wouldn't be the issue.

It would have to be more than just money. It would have to be structure too and some other things that make the deal so difficult for Seattle to swallow they can't match. But, they're ok with the cap even with Alexander I believe. You'd have to convince Hutchinson to put poison pills in meaning he'd really have to want to leave. So, I do suppose anything is possible.

However, we are generally pretty set on the offensive line. Dockery isn't as good as Hutchinson, of course, but, the offensive line is starting to come together in a very good way for us, so, it's not really an area we need to replace starters on, though we do need reserves.

Archived