Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Javon Walker

ESPN.com is reporting that Javon Walker is unhappy and wants a trade. Walker and Moss would be an unbelievable WR duo, IMO. I would give up next years 1st to get him, wouldn't you?
A little too unbelievable, I'm thinking. Walker wouldn't be happy being a number 2 to Moss.

I would rather have Walker than Lloyd if all costs were equal, but unfortunately I don't believe that we can afford Walker.

If we could manuever it and both teams would cost the same in terms of a 1st round pick or a combination of 2nd round + non-impact/starting player, then I would jump at getting Walker.

What's the draft class look like next year..

You have to look at who will be FA's next year and thus who we may have to replace before considering giving up 1st round picks..

If we had our entire team locked up for years with no glaring holes then I say sure give up the pick.. But I'm not sure that is the case.

A little too unbelievable, I'm thinking. Walker wouldn't be happy being a number 2 to Moss.

I agree. Funny thing is.....I am still not convinced that he could carry a team as a #1 guy anyway. Let's be honest, 2 years ago when he put up the #'s that have people drooling..........he had one of the top 5 QBs in history throwing him the ball.....and was surrounded by a healthy Bubba Franks, Ahman Green, Donald Driver.......

I am just not convinced that he is the bonafied stud he (and some around the NFL) thinks he he is......

Yeah of coarse he is good friends with Moss and Portis they workout together in Miami together and he is still young i know Patten wants a chance but damn dude you like 32 or 33. We have to get young now at wideout so why not trade for Javon Walker.

I would not say no .

With all the other wide outs in FA it doesn't make sense that we do a blockbuster deal for him.

Actually, that is why we would want to sign him. There is nobody near his caliber in FA right now. The biggest name is David Givens.

Chances are that we can't get anybody better with any draft pick.

My concern is his knee injury.

Yeah of coarse he is good friends with Moss and Portis they workout together in Miami together and he is still young i know Patten wants a chance but damn dude you like 32 or 33. We have to get young now at wideout so why not trade for Javon Walker.

He also goes to AZ and works out w/ McNabb. If the Packers are listening to compensation offers for Walker, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Eagles make a pretty strong play for him.

I doubt Saunders will run a lot of 1 WR sets. He'll be on the field pretty much every play. Whether he gets more catches is up to him. It would probably be better for him because Moss will draw away the attention of the defense.

I agree. Funny thing is.....I am still not convinced that he could carry a team as a #1 guy anyway. Let's be honest, 2 years ago when he put up the #'s that have people drooling..........he had one of the top 5 QBs in history throwing him the ball.....and was surrounded by a healthy Bubba Franks, Ahman Green, Donald Driver.......

I am just not convinced that he is the bonafied stud he (and some around the NFL) thinks he he is......

ok. we have a good qb here in brunell, and a better wr than drivers. we argueably have a better rb in portis. im pretty sure his stats will jump once he arrives in washington, but im not sure he can give up a first round pick for a guy whos been out with a torn acl or mcl? Lloyd, is a nice wr but i think they are many wrs in free agency that we can pursue. Lets see what the draft looks like next year and assess from there. i anticipate us having a very late 1st round pick, but if we were to trade it i would be looking to get another late round pick in the 2nd or 3rd round.

WTF are you talking about?

That's what I want to know. Some of ya'll need to stop making stuff up about players. Just because YOU maybe don't want them doesn't mean their a TO-personality clone. :doh:

Walker and Moss would make our offense stacked. Truth? Walker is the best WR avaliable, even better then TO in my mind because of young age. He'll be a big producer in our offense for years to come.

What's the draft class look like next year..

I don't know alot about all the conferences, but from the SEC, there a few good WR.

Sidney Rice (SC) - probably a top ten pick

Earl Bennet (Vandy) - Cutlers #1 option as a freshmen last year, this kid is sick, we'll see if he comes out

Dallas Baker (Gators) - be wary of UF players, i know, i know, but this kid is a physical freak with good hands to boot

Of course Dwayne Jarret (SoCal) will be there as well. I'm sure there are some other good ones I am forgetting about too.

ok. we have a good qb here in brunell, and a better wr than drivers. we argueably have a better rb in portis. im pretty sure his stats will jump once he arrives in washington, but im not sure he can give up a first round pick for a guy whos been out with a torn acl or mcl? Lloyd, is a nice wr but i think they are many wrs in free agency that we can pursue. Lets see what the draft looks like next year and assess from there. i anticipate us having a very late 1st round pick, but if we were to trade it i would be looking to get another late round pick in the 2nd or 3rd round.

OK -- I am gonna hope very sincerely that you are not gonna try to compare Brunell to Brett Favre......we'll leave that one alone unless you want me to bust out #'s that will make #8 look like he should be in NFL Europe.....

As for Moss, I will give you that one. My only caution there is "one season does not completely make up for a mediocre career up to this point. I feel he will continue to succeed here though so I'll leave that alone.

Bubba Franks was working toward (and missed by the SLIGHTEST of mrgins) going to his 4th career pro bowl during that season.....

Ahman Green vs CP ??

NFL Leader in Rushing Yds (2000-2004)

Ahman Green - 6848 yds

Edge - 6167

Tiki - 5992

Shaun Alexander - 5937

NFL Leader in Yds From Scrimmage (2000-2004)

Ahman Green - 9036 yds

Tiki - 8924

Edge - 8083

Marshall Faulk - 8018

Green also leads active NFL players in runs of 60+ yds (he has 8)

Let Clinton lead the NFL in these categories over a 4 yr span and we can talk (In the 4 yrs he has been in the league, he has ran for almost 1000 yds less than Green over the 4 yr span above)

So -- it is obvious that in Walker's "breakout" yr of 2004, he was blessed with a MUCH better Qb, a perrenial pro bowl TE, a WR a notch below Santana (but comparable), and clearly one of the top 2-3 RBs of the time (CP can't say that yet)

Take all this and factor in that the Pack probably threw the ball 10+ more times per game than we will.........does that change ur mind at all about #84 ??

He is talented, but he has NOT proven that he can take an offense and put it on his back ala TO, Randy Moss, etc......

Rosenhaus represents alot of the top players so do we stop messing with him.Naw forget that we wouldn't have Moss,Portis,or Taylor because of that thinking you don't mess with a player because of his agent same thing goes for the Postons Brothers if we make a move for him i see no reason why we wont be in the super bowl.

Nope. The numbers you show for Green are over a 5 year span, not 4. Clinton has outgained him in his 4 years in the league.

CP - http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302215

AG - http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12404

Apologies -- I must ammend my #'s bc I included one wrong season:

Rushing Yds

CP: 5930

AG: 5685

But......this was actually a blessing in disguise (for this argument) because after going back and looking harder at the #'s I have discovered two more things about these backs over these 4 yr blocks...........

Total Yds

CP: 7059

AG: 7598

Total TDs

CP: 49

AG: 58

My point of the post was not to bash CP....only to emphasize just how much talent Walker was surrounded with that yr and how well those people produced......

Why is everyone so eager to give up draft picks to get malcontents :doh:

Antonio Bryant, Javon Walker, Brandon Lloyd ARE NOT GIBBS GUYS. You think any of these clowns would restructure their contracts for the good of the team???

What has Javon done besides hold out? It wasn't like TO signing a deal then holding out the next year.

Javon was getting paid absolutely nothing and he was one of the most productive WRs in football. Why wouldn't he hold out?

Archived