Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

scout.com-Wide Open Spaces: Skins Can Get $19M Under

chow184

http://redskins.scout.com/2/507127.html

click link for full article

excerpts only

LaVar Arrington saving $4.3m

Samuels ($3.5m), Patten (.6m), Rabach ($1.6m) Wynn (0.4m), totalling $6.0m.

bonuses (totalling $13.650m)

Patrick Ramsey (saving $1.7m)

Brandon Noble ($1.7m), Cory Raymer ($1.0m), Matt Bowen ($2.0m), Tom Tupa (.6m) and Walt Harris ($2.0m) (saving $7.3m)

Jansen and Thomas could save $5.1m.

$12.2m would be saved, down to $19.2m below the NFL limit

dude, we can be very aggressive. im trying we need to find ourselves every possible player that can work for us. depth o-line, wr, te, dbs, d-line.. this much money can solve the probkem.. Superbowl next year is a reality, people. we can not strive for anything lesss. LIke will smith says, welcome to mimai. Superbowl XLI

I will hazard a guess and say the team is aware of all of this. Now all we need is someone in the media or here ;) to tell us how wrong they are. :rolleyes:

This could be a very fun weekend and week around here when one keeps this info in mind. :)

well, getting to 19 mil seems to require us cutting Jon Jansen and Randy Thomas. So I would definitely not "pie my pants" if we do get to 19 mil. That number while exciting is completely unrealistic. We will not cut our 2 best olineman.

well, getting to 19 mil seems to require us cutting Jon Jansen and Randy Thomas. So I would definitely not "pie my pants" if we do get to 19 mil. That number while exciting is completely unrealistic. We will not cut our 2 best olineman.

Not cut, be restructure their contracts with a built in provision.

Jon Jansen and Randy Thomas could undertake a basic 2006 base salary to bonus conversion restructure in thier contracts that could save a further $5.1m.

I think you read this wrong. :2cents:

with this cap space, could we go after lecharles bentely and allow dockery to leave.. eventhough i love dockery, bentely can play guard or center and he is 1 tough mofo. This guy would be unbelievable with samuels on the left side.

Why take a risk and move him from Center to Guard when Hutchison is on the market.

Archived