Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

scout.com-Wide Open Spaces: Skins Can Get $19M Under

chow184

Why take a risk and move him from Center to Guard when Hutchison is on the market.

Because hutch won't be on the market much longer, with the new cap room, he'll be back in seattle next year if he doesn't go to miami(30 minutes south of his hometown and his favorite team growing up).

Only reason I know is because hutch played on my HS team(technically I was a frosh when he was a senior, I only got hit by him once in practice.), there is no other player in the league that I would rather have. His 1st game as a freshman he was on JV, and on the first snap of the game he hit the DT so hard that he knocked him out cold right there on the line of scrimmage. Next day he was practicing with varsity. I was still in middle school at the time, but good god was that amazing.

I'm wondering. If Sean Taylor does go to jail, what will you guys do? 95% chance he doesn't go to jail, but if he does, how much money will Danny spend to get a replacement for Sean Taylor? With LaVar gone, if I were you, I would really worry about losing my "franchise player" in Sean Taylor...so, if he's gone, I would expect Danny/Gibbs to go for another young, playmaking safety that could bring the same kind of intensity that Sean Taylor brings to the table. Most likely, unless Snyder finds a diamond in the rough, which is highly unlikely, it will be very costly. Good luck praying that he gets let go...

See, its not so bad after all! At least I was only a couple mill off... Though thats because im no capologist and wasnt aware of a couple of the details.

Basic point is, just about 20 mill without any more than 2 basic restructures. When you consider our needs, just LB, WR, DE, CB, TE, we have 4 mill we can spend on each position, enough to get a pro-bowler pretty much. At QB, the most expensive position, Brees likely cap hit this year will be 5 mill. As long as Snyder owns the Redskins, no need to be worried about cap problems.

See, its not so bad after all! At least I was only a couple mill off... Though thats because im no capologist and wasnt aware of a couple of the details.

Basic point is, just about 20 mill without any more than 2 basic restructures. When you consider our needs, just LB, WR, DE, CB, TE, we have 4 mill we can spend on each position, enough to get a pro-bowler pretty much. At QB, the most expensive position, Brees likely cap hit this year will be 5 mill. As long as Snyder owns the Redskins, no need to be worried about cap problems.

That 20 million needs to go to more than just those five positions. You need to consider that we need to resign guys like Dock, Jimoh, Clark, as well as add depth to our O-line. I'm by no means saying that the 'Skins can't go after some pro-bowl potential, but we have other needs to address besides those five positions.

And all those players would agree to the restructures...because they're good people. Oh, let's not disrupt this perfect utopia...

No, they'll agree to restructure because a) they aren't inconvenienced at all because the money being moved around is still guaranteed, and B) their chance of winning a Super Bowl and landing endorsement contracts is increased with each talented player the organization is able to add. Good, basic self-interest.

Mind you, almost all these players ARE good people, and that is a major asset in and of itself...but the specific restructures being referenced in the article don't entail any meaningful sacrifice on the part of the players at all.

Archived