Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Which Player Leaving Has/Is Going To Hurt Most

RDSKNFN_48

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Over the last couple of years many of players have come & gone out of Redskins Park with a boat load of cash :doh: and we have not had a whole lot to show for it in terms of compensation out of the players that left which ones have hurt worse IYO.

Champ Bailey - replaced nicely by Springs plus he brought us Clinton

Antonio Pierce - in comes Lemar Marshall

Lavar Arrington - replaced by anyone that WANTS to be here and listens to the coaching staff

Smoot - while he was riding the Bang Boat we were breaking in Carlos Rogers

I'd say we are just fine. I'm not crying over Lavar leaving. I am disappointed that he had his choice and chose to go. But I wouldn't want players that aren't happy either. If Lavar was a true Skin, he would have loved having the honor to play for Gibbs and help bring this team back to its roots.

Champ Bailey - replaced nicely by Springs plus he brought us Clinton

Antonio Pierce - in comes Lemar Marshall

Lavar Arrington - replaced by anyone that WANTS to be here and listens to the coaching staff

Smoot - while he was riding the Bang Boat we were breaking in Carlos Rogers

I'd say we are just fine. I'm not crying over Lavar leaving. I am disappointed that he had his choice and chose to go. But I wouldn't want players that aren't happy either. If Lavar was a true Skin, he would have loved having the honor to play for Gibbs and help bring this team back to its roots.

And while you guys were replacing those with equal players you could've just kept them and signed other guys to improve your team.

And while you guys were replacing those with equal players you could've just kept them and signed other guys to improve your team.

We wouldn't have all those guys on the same team due to the salary cap. So your post is way off base, there's no way we could afford each of them.

We replaced them with equal players, but the key is they were equal players with a smaller price tag, which allows the signing of other players to improve the team.

It's gotta be the draft picks, i think we upgraded or at least broke even with most of the replacements (Rogers, Springs, Marshall), to early to tell with LaVar, but he didnt want to be here and the Coaches didnt really act like they wanted him, The only way to build is with draft picks and I feel thats the reason we had some tough years here, although Gibbs seems to be getting things back on track.

As a igles fan you should know best on what it is like for a team to let Vets go without giving them a new deal (keeping them)

Well we dont know how much losing Lavar would hurt, except in our hearts. I love Lavar despite his choppy play. He was a player I can truely say was a Redskin. Thats hard to say in this salary cap era. However, so far, losing Pierce was huge. The Giants wouldnt have gone anywhere without him in the middle. He was like Gibbs when it game to studying film. Lemar did a good job in the middle but Pierce was a stud.

Funny thing is I think all those guys were drafted and played well for the Skins. They shoulda still been here because all of them showed heart in their own way. They shoulda and coulda been here. I'd say Champ and Smoot because that woulda been one less need. Both those guys were and are young. Soon we'll need to pick up another CB because Springs isn't getting younger.

Funny thing is I think all those guys were drafted and played well for the Skins. They shoulda still been here because all of them showed heart in their own way. They shoulda and coulda been here. I'd say Champ and Smoot because that woulda been one less need. Both those guys were and are young. Soon we'll need to pick up another CB because Springs isn't getting younger.

What alot of people are failing to understand is with Champ and Smoot signed we wouldn't have been able to sign a Clinton Portis (Nor would we have him) or a Santana Moss.

Sure, we want guys with heart, but Moss and Portis have showed heart as well. Our team, no matter how much you'd like to say it would be the same, would be structured so much differently with those guy still on the roster.

What alot of people are failing to understand is with Champ and Smoot signed we wouldn't have been able to sign a Clinton Portis (Nor would we have him) or a Santana Moss.

Sure, we want guys with heart, but Moss and Portis have showed heart as well. Our team, no matter how much you'd like to say it would be the same, would be structured so much differently with those guy still on the roster.

I'm not starting a Champ debate but just showing you how Smoot coulda still been here. If Champ is signed back that means you give him the approx 18 mill Portis got. Now you use the 2nd rounder that went along with Champ on a RB. Possibly Tatum Bell who Denver selected. Now the 10 mill that you signed Springs with coulda been spread out to Keep Smoot and even Pierce. So it could've worked.

I'm not starting a Champ debate but just showing you how Smoot coulda still been here. If Champ is signed back that means you give him the approx 18 mill Portis got. Now you use the 2nd rounder that went along with Champ on a RB. Possibly Tatum Bell who Denver selected. Now the 10 mill that you signed Springs with coulda been spread out to Keep Smoot and even Pierce. So it could've worked.

I dunno. I myself like Smoot, but I'm happy with Rogers. I'm 10x happier with Springs than I was Bailey, 10x happier with CP over Tatum Bell (Who I still feel is very overrated) and I like Lemar Marshall about the same I like Pierce. I don't see the big issue here...

But, it's an opinion thing. Your welcome to yours, it just won't ever see eye to eye with mine. :)

Archived