Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peter King sinks to a new low, accuses Skins of cheating

Hooper

From his MMQB column --

2. I think just for the sake of insuring trust in the salary cap from some skeptical front offices, the league needs to make sure LaVar Arrington is really going to forego the $4 million in guaranteed money he gave back to Washington to get his freedom now. Not saying it didn't happen, but I am saying with all the money the Redskins have to spare and how convenient it was that the team could find this money after months of hand-wringing over the Arrington deal, the league needs to double-check that the accounting of this is clean.

ugh, King annoys me

I was watching the Combine coverage on Redskins.com TV, and you could see King didn't ask his questions to Gibbs like all the other reporters

instead he waited till Gibbs ended the press conference and cornered him when he left the stage

smh

Well, the guy does have a point. But I agree he is an idiot.

How does he have a point? I don't recall any hand-wringing going on at Redskins Park. Just because he and his idiot breathren report that the Skins were in deep doo-doo doesn't make it so.

The team did not have to find this money - Arrington did. PK is a moron.

His claim is the Skins are paying him under the table to get rid of money on the table. The 49er got caught doing this. King comes dangerously close to saying something that could incur a legal response from the Skins. The whole thing could escalate.

You can almost hear him whining as you read that paragraph.

It's almost as loud as the whining in this thread.

Does he have a quote from a front office claiming to be skeptical?

Does he need one? It's an opinion article, not a factual news report.

Well, the guy does have a point.

Of course he does. LA and the skins have squabbled over his contract for years now, and all of a sudden everyone is happy and comes to an agreement? That is reason enough to be suspicious...

From his MMQB column --

2. I think just for the sake of insuring trust in the salary cap from some skeptical front offices, the league needs to make sure LaVar Arrington is really going to forego the $4 million in guaranteed money he gave back to Washington to get his freedom now. Not saying it didn't happen, but I am saying with all the money the Redskins have to spare and how convenient it was that the team could find this money after months of hand-wringing over the Arrington deal, the league needs to double-check that the accounting of this is clean.

what a scumbag.... i has to grind him that the skins will not be inhis cap hell.. oh well, i guess he tries to stick the knife in art monk even deeper next year at the hof vote...

His claim is the Skins are paying him under the table to get rid of money on the table. The 49er got caught doing this. King comes dangerously close to saying something that could incur a legal response from the Skins. The whole thing could escalate.

With the entire contact disbute with LA and then LA saying he was going to restructure he is looking for a needle in the haystack, however if he is right and we are guilty then the skins look bad.

I was shocked to hear he wanted out when all along he said he was going to be a redskin for life etc...

The other thing is depending on what happens with the cap the guy would have been paid over 10 million this year, with his past health issues why would he give that up not knowing what he will get on the open market.

Something is not right, not saying the skins did anything illegal it just seems wierd.

It's almost as loud as the whining in this thread.

Does he need one? It's an opinion article, not a factual news report.

Of course he does. LA and the skins have squabbled over his contract for years now, and all of a sudden everyone is happy and comes to an agreement? That is reason enough to be suspicious...

Hmm, this should be fun... :munchout:

The other thing is depending on what happens with the cap the guy would have been paid over 10 million this year, with his past health issues why would he give that up not knowing what he will get on the open market.

Because he wasn't going to get paid this year. We were going to cut him in June. After all the big money was gone in free agency but before his roster bonus was due. Given that he cutting him, without him giving us money back, does not hurt us under the cap, we had the option to do so. So he's paying us now for the opportunity to get a decent FA contract with another team. He knew that he wasn't going to see a dime of that $10 million.

Because he wasn't going to get paid this year. We were going to cut him in June. After all the big money was gone in free agency but before his roster bonus was due. Given that he cutting him, without him giving us money back, does not hurt us under the cap, we had the option to do so. So he's paying us now for the opportunity to get a decent FA contract with another team. He knew that he wasn't going to see a dime of that $10 million.

We were going to cut him only if a new deal was signed, so maybe this was the restructure they have been talking about all the time. Thanks

Archived