Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anybody know where we are at with the salary cap?

Bigmuss1

Someone in the Lavar thread posted that you guys were 13.5 mill over the cap after Lavar was released. That number will change significantly though because a new CBA would get done.

Basically it doesn't matter right now.

Disclaimer: I am also an Eagles fan and do not follow the Redskins cap situation very closely so don't take my answer TOO seriously.

Thank you for an answer, it seems that all that people care about around here is to tell others what to post and what not to post. If we get some answers there wouldn't be threads about the same topics. Even to admit we don't know is a good answer!

Thank you for an answer, it seems that all that people care about around here is to tell others what to post and what not to post. If we get some answers there wouldn't be threads about the same topics. Even to admit we don't know is a good answer!

Trust me when I say that I asked you nicely, compared to what some others would've hit you with.

Trust me when I say that I asked you nicely, compared to what some others would've hit you with.

I appreciate you stating it nicely, but you had no answer. Neither does anyone else on this entire site. It's not a big deal to talk about it and share ideas!

We're under the cap regardless of what the cap is. With no CBA a number of restructures kick in, expected cuts of guys we don't play (Noble, Tupa, Bowen) and LaVar, and we're enough under to make moves in free agency. With a CBA we're at the expected cap, but, will turn a couple of contracts around as needed to acquire players we want.

We're under the cap regardless of what the cap is. With no CBA a number of restructures kick in, expected cuts of guys we don't play (Noble, Tupa, Bowen) and LaVar, and we're enough under to make moves in free agency. With a CBA we're at the expected cap, but, will turn a couple of contracts around as needed to acquire players we want.

We can only hope Art. We can only hope. According to Mort on Mike and Mike this morning Snyder is pissed about the revenue sharing and is going to fight it tooth and nail. Stay tuned.....again.

Finally an answer that means something.

Thank you very much! It's nice to hear a definative answer. Am I understanding it correctly that Dan Snyder is the main reason there is no CBA.

He's one of the reasons. The other "reasons" are avoiding the spotlight because, afterall, Snyder is the media's favorite beat-up dummy.

Thank you very much! It's nice to hear a definative answer. Am I understanding it correctly that Dan Snyder is the main reason there is no CBA.

No, it takes 9 owners voting in either direction to hold up an agreement. Are they trying to say that Danny has 8 lackeys who do whatever he says?

After all is said and done, it is almost certain that Danny boy will be mentioned as the nail that nobody could pry out of the wood.

One owner's thoughts are meaningless. You need a batch of owners to be a problem. If Snyder were hopping up and down refusing to sign, it wouldn't matter as he'd need 8 others to stop the deal.

Archived