• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      In today's Divisional Debacle, the Defense under Greg Manusky in the first half, gave up 207 yards of offense (105 rushing/102 passing) and two touchdowns.  That said, they did manage a single INT on which the Offense actually managed to score a touchdown off of. They allowed 12 of 16 passes to be completed . 

In the second half it was 107 yards given up (58 rushing//49 passing) a field goal and a touchdown. They traded their first half pick for a second half sack. However, Dallas completed all five of their pass attempts. 

Don't read that thinking "Well it seems like they tightened up some in the 2nd half."  They didn't. They simply had about half the plays in the second half. 30 plays in the First and 18 in the Second.

So far in two Divisional matchups, the Defense has faltered in the Second half. They start out like a house of fire for the first few drives until their opponents gradually make adjustments. This Defensive coaching staff fails make any adjustments, whether in game or at the very least at Halftime. They've given up over 30 points per game for a total of 63 points given up in two games. While the Bears are up next, the Pats await and they've put up over 70 points in two games. Yeah. Ok. They did shut out the Dolphins today which is looking like the NFL version of ... ahem... shooting fish in a barrel. 

The frustrating thing is Manusky is the DC that the Front Office actively looked to replace during the off season without firing him. When you know they're looking to replace you, most people would make a concentrated effort to show an improvement. Yet Manusky's Defense still keeps acting like it's starring in Groundhog Day.

In his post game presser, when asked directly about if any coaching changes would be made, Gruden said "No, I think after two games – you’re talking about playing two very good offensive football teams and two of the best offensive lines in pro football we just played back-to-back. That’s no excuse whatsoever, but I don’t think we need to hit the panic button yet. We just have to continue to focus on what we can do better to win. Get Jonathan [Allen] in here, get a couple of our corners back in here and let’s go back and strap it up against Chicago [Bears] next week and see what happens.” 

Here's another frustrating thing. The defensive communication was an issue last season as well. Wasn't this supposed to have been worked on during OTA's and Training Camp? It's understandable that the rookies would still be on a learning curve, but NFL vets like Collins and DRC you'd think they would have down by the start of the season. 

Gruden said they're a very talented group on Defense but that they weren't reaching them. When questioned as to why the coaching staff that has been in place for several years, wasn't reaching them, he defended the comment as them being a young defense. “We have some moving parts now. Landon Collins is a veteran guy but this is his first year, [Montez] Sweat’s in his first year, [Cole] Holcomb, it’s his first year, [Jon] Bostic is in his first year. We’re playing Dominique [Rodgers-Cromartie] at corner and this is Jimmy Moreland’s first year, so it’s not like we are the most experienced group. We feel like were very talented, but we`re still fighting through somethings. There are a lot of things to look forward to, without a doubt, but we do have to play better and strap it up and get back to work."

Sign in to follow this  
Teller

The "Taken out of context" thread.

Which is worse:  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which is worse:

• Madden
    • Vitale

Spaceman Spiffs greatest hits:

First lady's got balls.

24 thread.

Too damn bad, get a patch and chew some gum.

McDonalds thread

Smoked and tender, please :)

Cheney shooting people thread

I don't take much in life seriously, as you've probably figured...

Mohammad T Shirts

Good thing I asked for your opinion :thumbsup:

Al Gore in Saudi Arabia

Gibbs Coming to Church -

It might be worth getting up that early

Semi Pro football team -

kill me

I was the schmuck

what was your very first job thread

Once I got the alien suit on I had to leave my Mother-in-laws house

Brain teaser thread

Cold Stone Creamery thread:

take a big dump... you'll feel instantly better.

Carl's...mmmmm...

Speaking of crack addicted clientele,

can we still whip the high schoolers? SING DAMMIT! SING! WA-CHISH!

My ex-girlfriend was a huge chocoholic, but didn't like sweets,

And my favorite:

"WTF woman?"; 'rich' appears to be a synonym for tasty as f*** with old-timers.

WVU Basketball thread in the NCAA forum:

Its 12:10 on a Wednesday. You should be out getting drunk dammit.
I talk trash about WVU, VT, VA and MD because everyone talks trash about Duke.
There was a good ol' boy with a bulldog on a fishing poll.

We are probably the whitest good team in all the land.

the offense has a played called "Best play ever". :laugh:
Marshall is so insignificant that the voters decided it was an exhibition game.

More from the WVU thread. Its a long thread:

"Some girls called me last night from your phone. I am guessing it was your girlfriend. Just wanted to make sure. It was a funny message something about me telling them what I was wearing????? Anyway ----- "

That one is actually funnier WITH the context.

you didn't chase down the winner and make them an offer they couldn't refuse? :whippin:

monkey skin is himself a gold mine:

from the shocker thread:

it's like he hit the ball eject button....

"tell her about your pooping fetish" ever been imed by a stranger

"anyone ever been with a woman with no teeth?", what's the oldest woman you've been with

"if someone came up to you, punched you in the face, tried to give you the shocker...", if these cartoon riots came here to the us

"I saw a dude grab the other guys nuts", what's wrong w/ boxing?

"I just tell them I have mudd butt.", 15 reasons for calling in sick

"tell her about your pooping fetish" ever been imed by a stranger

"anyone ever been with a woman with no teeth?", what's the oldest woman you've been with

"I just tell them I have mudd butt.", 15 reasons for calling in sick

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have no problem with stabbing a demon in the chest. :laugh: :D
you take from my oxygen I will haunt you
everytime I put it "In" my mouth, it doesn't take long to come "Out" my arse.
Those hushpuppies are crack-ish.

All from Favorite Fast Food Chain thread.

I dont care if im the only one that loves this thread. Here are some from the 24 thread:

i dont know who you are, but get me a ****ing sandwich.
Im just hoping that they run out of air in that room and start sufficating,
I thought he was going to hit her or threaten her or something, but I didn't think he was just going to up and shoot her... lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by PleaseBlitz

i dont know who you are, but get me a ****ing sandwich.

That whole post of yours was frickin' hilarious and "spot on".

For the record, I had one that was perfect for this thread, but it was 1) in a PM & 2) I was specifically asked not to post it in this thread. So I won't. I will, however reflect back on it & laugh my ass of over it. It's pretty funny, in an inbread, six-toe kinda way. To bad you all can't laugh with me. :)

For the record, I had one that was perfect for this thread, but it was 1) in a PM & 2) I was specifically asked not to post it in this thread. So I won't. I will, however reflect back on it & laugh my ass of over it. It's pretty funny, in an inbread, six-toe kinda way. To bad you all can't laugh with me. :)

You're bad. You're really, really bad. Badass moderator, as we all know, and just baaaaaaad. :D

"When you were born, your mother looked at your head and your ass and said "Oooh twins"."

Take you shot at eagles fans thread

So I wonder do he knows Beavis

heres a combo

he's halfway in
I just keep getting this strange urge to add a middle finger

What's wrong with this picture? and ExtremeSkins potential avatars.... (mergedX2) threads.

heres a combo

Here's a better one.

he's halfway in
I just keep getting this strange urge to add a middle finger

What's wrong with this picture? and ExtremeSkins potential avatars.... (mergedX2) threads.

From the 'Did You Know...' Thread.

Did you know that my arse hurts?