Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

information i was told today regarding the cba negotiations:

Lavarleap56

ok before i write this i know 3/4 of the posters on this board will think it is false but it is not. i meet someone today who said the owners and players union have basically agreed to the 58.5 player revenue but the talks are held up due to other issues at this point. He also said that older veterans are uneasy about moving forward without a deal based on the cuts that will occur and the free agancy rules that would apply if this continues into 2007.

ok before i write this i know 3/4 of the posters on this board will think it is false but it is not. i meet someone today who said the owners and players union have basically agreed to the 58.5 player revenue but the talks are held up due to other issues at this point. He also said that older veterans are uneasy about moving forward without a deal based on the cuts that will occur and the free agancy rules that would apply if this continues into 2007.

well i actually agree with u. mort said the main issues was cash over cap,

I don't think what you're saying is out of the question. It certainly needs a disclaimer as you give no source or link, but it seems to be what is going on.

The NFLPA doesn't want to make a deal and then see revenue sharing dealt with in the middle of this deal and be left out of the larger pie. Plus, all of a sudden it seems there is a coalition growing for those teams who do make the most money since a few of them built their own stadiums and paid a lot of money for their teams that they are still paying off.

No crap the veterans are uneasy about things now :laugh: They friggin should be.

Every player is looking at a 2-year window right now... and then a potential lockout. That's 3 years MINIMUM of uncertainty.... how many players will retire in that window? How many players are in the prime of their years right now... and will be 30 by the time things work out? They'll miss their opportunities to cash in too.

The players would be smart to revolt against Upshaw and tell him to take what's on the table.

i am just passing along what i was told and i dint claim it to be news in the title. I am simply passing along what i was told from a source who would know, without the media spin.

I wasn't trying to be contentious. Just trying to help so this thread doesn't become accusatory about rumor, links, and sources.

I wouldn't have replied if I didn't think it to be thoughtful. I'm just trying to help so it doesn't become trashed by others.

im not trying to do that man, lol. i am not going to tell everyone on this board who i talked to for various reasons due to us never knowing who reads this board. look nobody believed me when i began traking snyders jet during free agency either so i understand.

I know he's had connections with players in the past... so it doesn't surprise me at all. Players are just regular guys with real lives, real friends and real work problems... just like the rest of us :) Actually, I'd figure there would be more people with contacts in the NFL :)

Anyways, speculation isn't for me. Either it gets done... or it doesn't. Just let me know when it's done... either way.

im not trying to do that man, lol. i am not going to tell everyone on this board who i talked to for various reasons due to us never knowing who reads this board. look nobody believed me when i began traking snyders jet during free agency either so i understand.

Are you Dan Snyders illegitimate love child?

J/K

Archived